Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fresh delays at falmer?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
George made little impact in a number of years over here and I very much doubt there was any interest shown in him other than Cork City. Sheepshanks apologised for the behaviour of O'Callaghan. That is hardly the actions of a Chairman who would believe his player to be in the right!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
that he does not always tell the truth about what has happened over the past few months and he quite cleary has seen to georges career

NO, George did that for himself.

George came out and commented not only against the chairman of the club he was only on loan to.... but commented about another player who happened to be the captain of the club. Not the first time he has shown what an arrogant tosspiece he is and the fact that the Ipswich chairman apologised tells you alot. Dick played hardball, and maybe sometimes he oversteps the mark but to say he ruined the career of an average midfielder is bollocks of the highest order

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
the next thing we will here is Dean Wilkins is off - lets just wait and see!!

Hardly a revelation, that.

Most people have been expecting that announcement for ages, and frankly I wish they'd get on and make it so that we can look to the future.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
That is not true - someone asked about flights the other week and i mentioned that i was going to america and someone had a pop - dick name was not even mentioned - if you have a look at a thread called bhadeb started a few weeks ago by empire that person states that what i do say is true - i would not have a pop at someone without good reason - ask yourself just one question - how many people have left this club in trhe past few months - they are NOT all wrong - i know for a fact that Bas wage demands were too high but the rest WERE shit on my our dear old chairman!! i am in no way trying to undermine any one at the club - i would rather dick told the truth - surely as brighton fans that is not too much to ask - Do you prefer liars in life then because i certainly don't - i will support brighton win lose and draw but what i won't accept is lies - that all my agenda is !!!

Under 'bitter and twisted' in the dictionary i'm sure that it say's bhadeb.

The rest weren't shit upon by DK, they picked a fight that they couldn't win, end of! Hammond listened to his agent ... and paid the price. George o'callahan was a tosser of the highest order, so much so that Ipswich town apologised for his behaviour.
You have an agenda, what is it? I most certainly would take DK's word over a players ... and frankly yours.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
with regards to Dick and the Blooms the words from dicks own mouth when getting rid of dean as manager were - " i felt and the board agreed with me"

also why is george fighting off no other offers - BECAUSE DICK KNIGHT HAS MADE HIS NAME SHIT - this just proves that people cannot speak out in the football world as they are the only losers and not the chairman or board members

:thud: I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry at that. Um, laugh I think.

However, it does take away your credibility as a spreader of TRUTH and FACT if you seriously and honestly believe that Dick Knight's influence spread so far and wide throughout the game that he can WRECK CAREERS of another club's players.

How come he couldn't do that with, say, Colin Kazim-Richards or Leon Knight or...

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
well he seems to do everything dick wants and i am not a clown
MA has had an umber of barney's with DK in the past, i supect that he's going to have a lot more.
You treat DK with contempt ... you're a clown, you start giving him some respect, regardless of whether you agree with him then i might change my view. He's not perfect but he's done a great job, granted the DW issue has been badly handled but I suspect that the board had the biggest say in that.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
:lolol::lolol::lolol:

My avatar is in relation to someone accusing me of being the part of the Forfars group. I have maybe shopped in Forfars once or twice in my life and that was many moons ago when I used to work in Brighton. I seem to recall they have/had an outlet in the little arcade that links Churchill Square and Dyke Road, I think I bought a sausage roll once?

If it upsets you my little precious flower I will change it!

People can have a totally differing opinion to mine, that is their prerogative and I won't think anything less of them for doing so.

I'm rather touched that you consider me to be a precious, little flower. However, you appear to be far more sensitive to criticism than I am. Reading through this thread shows how inaccurate your final sentence is.
And I have no idea when work will begin on the new stadium.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm rather touched that you consider me to be a precious, little flower. However, you appear to be far more sensitive to criticism than I am. Reading through this thread shows how inaccurate your final sentence is.
And I have no idea when work will begin on the new stadium.

:kiss:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Just typical although only a month:censored:
Thing that pisses me off is that we start right in the middle of winter which no doubt will delay it further.

still stick to my opinion we are the slowest moving club ever:thud:

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Under 'bitter and twisted' in the dictionary i'm sure that it say's bhadeb.

The rest weren't shit upon by DK, they picked a fight that they couldn't win, end of! Hammond listened to his agent ... and paid the price. George o'callahan was a tosser of the highest order, so much so that Ipswich town apologised for his behaviour.
You have an agenda, what is it? I most certainly would take DK's word over a players ... and frankly yours.

you haven't got a very high opinion of the players then - i am not bitter and twisted - i just know the facts about what has happened at the club

you haven't got a very high opinion of the players then - i am not bitter and twisted - i just know the facts about what has happened at the club

Well here's your big opportunity to tell us The Facts about what has happened. We don't need to know the source.

Over to you O great font of knowledge of all things Albion.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Whilst it has been a long arduous road, I don't think many clubs have had to face the obstacles that we have. Certainly a lot of clubs were able to cash in on their previous home.

I don't understand this animosity to those that feel the club have dragged their heels OR indeed those that are accused to toeing the line of the club.

Roll on Falmer so we can put an end to all this speculation and second guessing.

I can't actually comprehend how it will feel, walking down the paved 'legends way' and taking a seat for the first game. I only hope I make it. That life span predictor said I have another 61 years, but we know how long it takes the club to get things going.. ;)

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
This is one situation that neither Knight or Perry can be blamed for,projects throughout the country are being postponed or scrapped because of the financial crunch,however it could well mean that Falmer will not happen.The club have little cash and another two seasons in Div 1 with declining gates could put paid to all our hopes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here