Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] French presidential election 2022

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes, it is sadly possible that they could vote for a fascist President of France this time, which must be a worry to us all.

I'd call that as "voting wrong" - and it'll be a dark day if they do.

if thats all thats present to them, and they dont like Macron, why is that wrong? cant tell people they shouldnt vote a certain way after the fact, the policitans are suppose to sell their alternative up front.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
It will be a disaster if Le pen wins.....and not just for France.

Sadly in the rural areas, where I live they very much want that bitch voted in. It goes without saying that generally, the local yokels are as thick as shit.

Totally agree with this. Norman yokels are like a cross between Burnley fans and Forrest Gump. Usually an inbred mix. Best not to make eye contact

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
if thats all thats present to them, and they dont like Macron, why is that wrong? cant tell people they shouldnt vote a certain way after the fact, the policitans are suppose to sell their alternative up front.
No one here is telling anyone how to vote.

But there is a very clear bad option which results in a fascist leader - and chum of Putin - on the other side of the channel from us... which is bad news for us in this country.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Hitler was elected. That went well.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
A huge relief for me personally after all the Brexit hoops we have had to jump through in the last couple of years.

My local commune had cast a total of 35 votes two weeks ago. !7 for Macron and 18 for Le Pen. My nearest other local commune voted 3 to 1 in favour of that racist bitch Le Pen.

I don't think the local communes are super racists as such...just super stupid.

Thank goodness for the major towns where the educational standards are significantly higher. I believe most of them in the towns are literate....a different story to the many inbreds in the villages.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
No one here is telling anyone how to vote.

But there is a very clear bad option which results in a fascist leader - and chum of Putin - on the other side of the channel from us... which is bad news for us in this country.

yes they are. they say people who vote a certain way are "stupid", ignoring any motivations for why they might vote for options against long term interests. or even wonder why they want those outcomes. just insult them. Le Pen shouldnt even be close right, yet is for the second time. nver mind, worked out in the end despite the stupid voters.

if the fascists, or communists, are being voted for in millions, the politicans of center ground are getting many things very wrong. dont blame the voters.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Worrying that In 2022 that a major Western country votes only 60/40 AGAINST Facisim.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Meanwhile, here's a thing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-61151604

She complained of a Macron dirty tricks campaign but thanked her supporters - particularly in France’s countryside and overseas

Yep, just like the leathery, Sun reading f***wit Brits who retired to Benidorm, voted for Brexit and were then amazed at being booted out, Le Pen has mainly thanked people who will never be affected by French immigration or who don't even live in the country.

:facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In favour of a guy who won't call Putin out for genocide.

Bravo.

:clap2:

The lesser of two whatever.

A nightmare for the once strong French left and all powerful unions. Economically strongly to the right, Macron’s gradually dismantling the enshrined employment and pension codes, and closed shops. Repeating what happened in the UK from 1979.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Meanwhile, here's a thing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-61151604

She complained of a Macron dirty tricks campaign but thanked her supporters - particularly in France’s countryside and overseas

Yep, just like the leathery, Sun reading f***wit Brits who retired to Benidorm, voted for Brexit and were then amazed at being booted out, Le Pen has mainly thanked people who will never be affected by French immigration or who don't even live in the country.

:facepalm:

Do you not think she meant French overseas colonies who did vote for her?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here