Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Freeview+

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Just set up my Freeview+ box and after having a quick play around with it I must say that it looks the Mutts Nuts!! :clap2:

Anyone else got one?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I was looking at getting one, but as the reception in Brighton is shit, I cant get all the channels and thought is it worth it

How much was yours?

It was a Birthday present so I dont know how much it costs.

It does the same things as Sky+ from what I can gather. (series link, stores programes, etc)

Obviously if your recpetion isnt that good then it might be worth checking it out but the quality is better than your average £30 freeview box

It was a Birthday present so I dont know how much it costs.

It does the same things as Sky+ from what I can gather. (series link, stores programes, etc)

Obviously if your recpetion isnt that good then it might be worth checking it out but the quality is better than your average £30 freeview box

I bought one in Tesco last week for £80. Bloomin' marvellous!

It's basically a freeview box with a built-in hard-drive, so you can record programs/series, pause live tv, etc.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've had a Humax twin-tuner PVR for just over a year now and it does all of the series-link stuff etc and does it bloody well. A great piece of kit.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I've got one! I bought it about 2 years ago; 80gb for £80 but I know they've come down in price

I absolutely love it! Mine doesn't do the pause live TV, but the recorder is a godsend!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I've had a Humax twin-tuner PVR for just over a year now and it does all of the series-link stuff etc and does it bloody well. A great piece of kit.

I have the same make. It's brilliant. You will never mis match of the day again while up the pub and it does series links and most the stuff sky + does.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I bought me mum and dad one and its excellent, you need a good airel to get the signal. It was about £80 for about 80 hours recoring time at Argos and records two channels at the same time. Very easy to set up and will record whole series with just one easy selection. They pause, record and put camara pictures on the harddrive and find it easier to use than their old video and DVD recorders.

I have Virgin and was considering upgrading to their harddrive set top box. Anyone else done this, if so is it any good.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
we bought one from Tesco £70 and its a real godsend as some of the films we want to watch are on at a god awful time.
we had the basic freeview when we were in Brighton and never had a problem with it ...................are you sure its not because you have a naff aerial.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I've had a Topfield 5800 for a couple years now, full of custom TAPs. Wouldn't be without it now.

I've had no problems with Freeview in the Seven Dials or near Hove station. All channels.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
we bought one from Tesco £70 and its a real godsend as some of the films we want to watch are on at a god awful time.
we had the basic freeview when we were in Brighton and never had a problem with it ...................are you sure its not because you have a naff aerial.

it depends where you are in Brighton aparently

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Thats sounds good, may be tempted to pay the £75 installation or see if they have any deals coming up, will beat naffing around with the DVD recorder.

The first rule of being a Broadway Producer... ya never pay the installation fee... the second rule of being a Broadway Producer? YA NEVER PAY THE INSTALLATION FEE.

!!!!!

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I've had a PVR for a couple of years now. Had to get a better aerial to use it in my new flat but we love using it. Most weeks we'll watch more off that than we do live tv.

Freeview overall is great. Within a year it will probably be possible to access iplayer via freeview!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here