Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

free speach

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
It's a funny old thing is "free speach". Because the alleged denial of it seems so often to affect ONLY those people wanting the freedom to speak offensively and abusively.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Little Piggy said:
Freedom of speech is coupled with responsibility. Its a balancing act. You can speak your mind on some things and have a valid, if dodgy, opinion. Other "opinions" are potentially inflammatory and dangerous. But if you won't take responsibility for that, then you can't have it!

A rare pearl of wisdom on a forum that generally is about as wise as a Falmer NIMBY. Well said that man.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No idea what you are talking about but, to make one thing clear, NSC has never pretended to offer the right of free speech to anyone.

If you don't like that, please create your own forum - it is easy enough to do - and allow others to say exactly what they like when they like about who they like. And good luck with it.

NSC is a forum for Albion fans to discuss pretty much anything they like with the understanding that any such discussions may be deleted, without explanation, by any of the moderating team. It just so happens that we let a lot more go than most forums. But if we're not letting enough go for your own liking - as above - start your own forum with 'looser' rules.

Bozza said:
If you don't like that, please create your own forum - it is easy enough to do - and allow others to say exactly what they like when they like about who they like. And good luck with it.

Well said. And it IS easy enough, because I'm thick as shit. :)

(NSP doesn't allow racism though, so the bigots on here will have to make their own.)

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Bozza said:
No idea what you are talking about but, to make one thing clear, NSC has never pretended to offer the right of free speech to anyone.

NSC is a forum for Albion fans to discuss pretty much anything they like with the understanding that any such discussions may be deleted, without explanation, by any of the moderating team. It just so happens that we let a lot more go than most forums. But if we're not letting enough go for your own liking - as above - start your own forum with 'looser' rules.

Good post, Bozza.

Don't people agree to something similar when they sign up?

jodcm007

Oct 20, 2004
Brighton
Juan Albion said:
Good post, Bozza.

Don't people agree to something similar when they sign up?
exactly say want i want to as long as you agree with it
and that is what you are saying like the kid with the ball who want to take it home when things arent going his way

jodcm007

Oct 20, 2004
Brighton
like kev the ape you lot were as likely the only friends he had
poor boy so what do you do ban him
hope you all feel good about it

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
cdavis said:
I have an opinion about "free Speech".......oh.....hang on................I,m not an ethnic minority, I don,t belong to a one-parent family, I,m not on income support,I,m not a member of the Taliban,I,m not a moslem, I,m not a left-wing student,I,m not a criminal,rapist or burglar...............Oh shit...!!!! ........it,s even worse............just checked my official papers;...........I,m married, have a family, I work full-time and pay all my taxes, and am a law-abiding citizen.....................means I belong to the silent majority. Just double checked my papers..."the silent majority , under no circumstances whatsoever, will be allowed free speech...." DAMN......!!!!

how is cloud cukoo land?

jodcm007

Oct 20, 2004
Brighton
Juan Albion said:
Are you 8 ?
no im not eight but that seems to be the average on here
sniveling little kids somepeople think im having a go at the mods on here and im not im having a go at the ones that go running to them he stuck his tongue out at me miss grow up

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Is it just me or are jodcm's posts so difficult to read. I spent so much time trying to extract the sentences I lost the point of the post.

I gave up half way down page 2, a bit of punctuation, capital letters and paragraphs make things much more readable.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
jodcm007 said:
no im not eight but that seems to be the average on here
sniveling little kids somepeople think im having a go at the mods on here and im not im having a go at the ones that go running to them he stuck his tongue out at me miss grow up

No, i'm not eight but that seems to be the average age of people on this board. You are all snivelling little kids.

Some people are under the impression that i'm having a go at the moderators of this board but i'm not. I'm having a go at the people who go running to the moderators saying "he stuck his tongue at me Miss".

Grow up.

Am I right?

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Yeah, I just thought that he liked the lower case "i". I didn't want to offend him, his Grandad fought during the war for the freedom to use whatever case we like.

jodcm007

Oct 20, 2004
Brighton
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
Yeah, I just thought that he liked the lower case "i". I didn't want to offend him, his Grandad fought during the war for the freedom to use whatever case we like.
To be honest I have better things to do than practise my typing skills you know the normal manly things oh no you would'nt
Would you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here