Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

free speach

jodcm007

Oct 20, 2004
Brighton
seem to remember my grandfather telling me how he fought the war to preserve free speech seems to me there are a few nazi on this board :(

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes and there is free speech and also things posted that may ensure the web hoster ends up being sued for libel.

Something he does not need to risk.

Freedom of speech is not speaking like fecking Nazis.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
jodcm007 said:
where was the libel in it ??:glare: so we cant have heated debates no more what happened to the internet

That is upto the moderators decide as they may get the libel fine

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
jodcm007 said:
where was the libel in it ??:glare: so we cant have heated debates no more what happened to the internet

From another thread; please read and try to be sensible about it;

The point is that what you wrote could be interpreted as incitement to racial hatred which is illegal and could get NSC closed down. Whether you agree with that interpretation or not is not the point, legally it's like harassment or bullying, it doesn't matter if the intention was to incite hatred or not it's the perception of it by those who feel threatened by it.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
London Irish said:
Freedom of speech is not speaking like fecking Nazis.

It is if they are your views. Even Nazis should have the right to put their views across - perhaps not on a discussion forum for the legal reasons (I haven't seen the posts so can't really judge) but they should be able to.

jodcm007

Oct 20, 2004
Brighton
ok ok maybe but why were people calling on them to do something for f*** sake we are all adults well some of us are

Little Piggy

Oct 27, 2003
Ireland
Freedom of speech is coupled with responsibility. Its a balancing act. You can speak your mind on some things and have a valid, if dodgy, opinion. Other "opinions" are potentially inflammatory and dangerous. But if you won't take responsibility for that, then you can't have it!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
With freedom also comes responsibility and respect

(Blimey, that sounds boring and sensible, doesn't it?)

jodcm007

Oct 20, 2004
Brighton
of course it dont that is the thing about free speech no matter what or how stupid you should be free to say it

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
jodcm007 said:
ok ok maybe but why were people calling on them to do something for f*** sake we are all adults well some of us are

Because either they were personally offended by it or they feared complaints from elsewhere that could jeopardise this forum I guess. I don't know for sure as I didn't report it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
jodcm007 said:
of course it dont that is the thing about free speech no matter what or how stupid you should be free to say it

You can be free to say something at work but that doesn't mean that you wouldn't be sacked for it.
Think before you speak (or type as the case may be) is an unspoken rule in life.
Is it inflammatory or will somebody be offended.

That's why libel and slander laws are in place.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
With freedom also comes responsibility and respect

(Blimey, that sounds boring and sensible, doesn't it?)

Yes it does matron :p

jodcm007

Oct 20, 2004
Brighton
as i was saying because they never liked it
board police the sad thing is it will take a party like the one our grandfathers fought against to give us back our freedom
and that will be a very sad day :(

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
jodcm007 said:

And you are but that doesn't mean that once said it cannot be edited, censored of have other action taken against it by those with the responsibility to maintain some kind of order.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
jodcm007 said:
as i was saying because they never liked it
board police the sad thing is it will take a party like the one our grandfathers fought against to give us back our freedom
and that will be a very sad day :(

Oh come off it. My Dad fought throughout the war and I have been in the Armed Forces myself.

What you are going on about is immature. With maturity comes the responsibility as I said before to make sure that you don't say something inflammatory or libellous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here