Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free money, but you might have to be disciplined.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I needed to place a specific bet, a year ago.
I'm pretty scared of on-line bookies, but opened up accounts with Stan James and Sky, placed the bet, trousered the winnings, and walked away, happy days.

Anyho I didn't close either account, and the Stan James account has remained dormant.

But, so far Sky have sent me £10 for my birthday, and now a further £10, for the anniversary of opening the account.

I'm pretty sure I only ever had £10 in the account.

I don't know if Sky do this for all their punters or just the unused accounts, either way free money, is free money.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Many sites do that for unused accounts.
Betfair and PaddyPower to name just a couple.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I needed to place a specific bet, a year ago.
I'm pretty scared of on-line bookies, but opened up accounts with Stan James and Sky, placed the bet, trousered the winnings, and walked away, happy days.

Anyho I didn't close either account, and the Stan James account has remained dormant.

But, so far Sky have sent me £10 for my birthday, and now a further £10, for the anniversary of opening the account.

I'm pretty sure I only ever had £10 in the account.

I don't know if Sky do this for all their punters or just the unused accounts, either way free money, is free money.

PS Happy Birthday..

MaggieT83

Oct 26, 2010
Pulborough
Sky only gave me £5 for my Birthday last week and I roll over at least £50 a month on poker :( So obviously more interested in their unused accounts

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Many sites do that for unused accounts.
Betfair and PaddyPower to name just a couple.
I thought that might be the case but was a little confused as SJ, didn't.
There's me thinking I might have stumbled onto something.

Ryder Hesjedal for a placing in the greatest race of the year by chance..
No although that is kind of tempting.
Only a couple of months and we can all get stuck into that.

PS Happy Birthday..
They sent me a tenner for that, back in Feb. I doubt I'll get away with having a second one..
This weekend's tenner was for Ryder's place @ Amstel Gold, this time last year.

And yes I will give them their money back on Liège-Bastogne-Liège, this Sunday.
Well at least I'll try, if they ever put any odds up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well that's the £10 given back.

£2.50 ew each on Ryder Hesjedal and Alexandr Kolobnev, at Sundays Liège-Bastogne-Liège.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well that's the £10 given back.

£2.50 ew each on Ryder Hesjedal and Alexandr Kolobnev, at Sundays Liège-Bastogne-Liège.

We love Kolobnev after he deposited his sweaty jersey/gillet at our feet on the Aubusque last year. One of our finer TDF prizes.

He has looked in fighting spirts and was up the front at last weeks Amsel Gold.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I thought you'd found a good trading idea......what a let down

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
that is a bit naughty as it's clearly designed to get people with gambling addiction back.

I've never had any free money from gambling websites. That said, in fairness I still use paddy power regularly and the other accounts were only opened to get the free bet and mostly resulted in a nice profit, so doubt they like me much.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We love Kolobnev after he deposited his sweaty jersey/gillet at our feet on the Aubusque last year. One of our finer TDF prizes.

He has looked in fighting spirts and was up the front at last weeks Amsel Gold.
I wanted to lump it all on Kolobnev but when it came to it, I just couldn't not sneak a bit on Ryder, for old times sake!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Bet 365 often give me a fiver but I have to 'play through' the money 3 times before I can withdraw it.

Never understood what that means and I'v always lost it before it becomes available to withdraw!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
A mate of mine has been playing the free bet game for a while now and reckons he's £500 up.
I started last week and I'm £18 up so far.

Takes a a while to find the right odds though.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Bet 365 often give me a fiver but I have to 'play through' the money 3 times before I can withdraw it.

Never understood what that means and I'v always lost it before it becomes available to withdraw!

You have to counter your free bet on another site with close odds so you will lose some but only a small percentage each time.
Effectively you move your money from one site to another 'till it's available to withdraw.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
This is the way to do it I agree - but, this lot take a % of your profit as commission

I used this method myself 18 months ago and made £1100 in 6 months. If you are going to do it - do it yourself as its easy when you get the hang of it. PM me if anyone needs/wants any help

They take nothing of your profit. They make money by referring you to sign up to betting sites with their link. I've done it a few times but its quite a lot of effort for a bit of money.

tony.blackman

May 4, 2011
Fixtheodds doesn't take any commission - they're an affiliate of Betfair and get a commission when you sign up via them.

You might want to read this which explains it: Is this a bet you can't lose? - Telegraph

Interestingly, it's a no brainer for Betfair. If you look at how they work, it's clear they win either way: BBC NEWS | UK | How does a betting exchange work?

As they're a effectively functioning like the stock market (and unlike a bookie), they take commission from winnings, which is very clever since they do not hold money themselves as such and merely put two punters' bets together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here