Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free money, but you might have to be disciplined.

tony.blackman

May 4, 2011
Has anyone done it recently? What are the markets like?

I've just come back from Germany so looking to pick this back up and make some extra cash!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You have to counter your free bet on another site with close odds so you will lose some but only a small percentage each time.
Effectively you move your money from one site to another 'till it's available to withdraw.

What's this mean in English

tony.blackman

May 4, 2011
What's this mean in English

Have you used Fixtheodds? If you have, it should be fairly self-explanatory... But if you haven't, basically the system does the following:

(I've taken this from Wikipedia)

Note that the following example uses indicative figures.

Bookie X offers a £10 free bet. First, the individual has to make a bet of £10 with Bookie X to qualify for this.

Bookmakers often require individuals to make a bet before giving them the free bet.

Stage 1
The first stage is to qualify for this free bet – e.g. making a £10 bet with Bookie X for England to win. There is a chance that England might lose – in which case, you would normally lose the £10.00. This bet is referred to as the Back bet. However in matched betting, this loss is minimized by placing a bet at the same time at a betting exchange for England not to win ( i.e. to lose or draw). This is called a 'lay bet'.
By applying the correct equations, the individual making the bets knows how much to place at the betting exchange so that no matter the outcome of the England match, the same small loss will be made (typically under 10% of the value of the free bet offer). However, by making this initial bet, they have then qualified for the free bet.

Stage 2
The second stage is to use the free bet, for example, making a £10 back bet with Bookie X for France to win. Again a lay bet is placed for France not to win to offset any loss.

The mathematics of matched betting means that the profit made is identical, regardless of result. In this example, it is assumed that the overall profit from this match is £8, since any loss is offset by larger winnings achieved through laying this bet. This means that matched betting individuals will know for sure how much profit they will make before the match starts.

Less the initial loss, the matched better's net profit is £7.00.

Lovefootball

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
Despite being a betting man I have never gone down the match betting route. I had a look on the FTO site as quoted by Snoobs, not bad! I think I will give it a go, no harm in trying.

Thanks Snoobs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here