Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free chilli while watching the colchester game!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
yep the alibi is decent, definitely the best pub around there for me (i think your 'favourite' pub in that area would depend on who you are, they're all reasonable)

do you live on st. aubyn's bluenose?

The Neptune can be amusing. For poncey there is The Connaught and The Forager. Bugger all else though. In fact, The Seafield has had a lick of paint......and looks worse now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
it's odd how shit Hove is for pubs compared to Brighton.

Totally agree. There is a market for good pubs, as The Connaught and Forager have shown. These two were popular from the minute they were taken over and revamped.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Totally agree. There is a market for good pubs, as The Connaught and Forager have shown. These two were popular from the minute they were taken over and revamped.

I haven't been to the Connaught but even the forager's not great, they had POUNDING music on. That other place round the corner from there, cant remember the name, does a good pint of Sussex but lacks any atmosphere.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont like cold beer and when we did relief work after leaving the pub full time I could never rely on what the bitter would be like so started drinking room temperature Becks. If I go into a pub that doesnt sell proper beer or I dont know the pub I ask for Becks from the cellar not the cold shelf.

I just happen to like the way my wife makes the chilli as she doesnt like it so makes it very hot for me.

Son is always raving about his partners curries and as he doesnt have sky sports I suggested he come to our house to watch the game and she cook dinner. She decided on a curry so I will try one. I am not really fussy and will eat and drink most things but not cold beer.

That was posted in answer to this query by Bof

[Not particularly fussy then, BG.

Room temperature Becks.
Only curries made by the daughter-in-law.
Only chilli made by the wife. ] QUOTE

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
has anyone been to the revamped and renamed Poets Corner, formerly The Eclipse?
Do they still have football?

yep the alibi is decent, definitely the best pub around there for me (i think your 'favourite' pub in that area would depend on who you are, they're all reasonable)

do you live on st. aubyn's bluenose?

I live VERY close to St Aubyns. I'll be in the Alibi, which I see right NOW.

Will have to miss the free chilli though, unless you can get it free with mineral water. :safeway

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
chilli.jpg

Offer limited to one per customer per pint :thumbsup:

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
I was in there Friday night, and they said they have got Sky Sports. Not sure if they will show Liverpool or BHA though

what has the world come to if the eclipse shows liverpool over BHA...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
what has the world come to if the eclipse shows liverpool over BHA...

The thing is to make a point of asking if a B&H pub is showing the Liverpool game or the Albion game. If they say the Liverpool game then flounce out and watch the Albion game elsewhere.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not all bad in Hove. Red Lion is a great pub.

This is the closest pub to my house. They leafleted all the houses about a year back advertising their fayre......me and the missus went along and had a few pints to check the place out. I wanted another but the landlord told me he had stopped serving. Fair dos. But, he then continued to serve his cronies at the bar. I didnt think the pub was that great either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I haven't been to the Connaught but even the forager's not great, they had POUNDING music on. That other place round the corner from there, cant remember the name, does a good pint of Sussex but lacks any atmosphere.

Oh well, each to their own. I like The Forager. The food is wanky and over priced but they do a nice cheese board.

Oct 25, 2003
I live VERY close to St Aubyns. I'll be in the Alibi, which I see right NOW.

Will have to miss the free chilli though, unless you can get it free with mineral water. :safeway

think they do it with SOFT DRINKS aswell as MAN DRINKS

i can ALSO see the alibi right NOW

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here