Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free chilli while watching the colchester game!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
DAMMIT that's MILES away. I can't be venturing all the way in to deepest Hove for this game. Suggestions for a more East Brighton venue would be appreciated...

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Noticed this offer yesterday,free bowl of chilli with EACH pint of San Miguel at the Alibi pub,every monday night,they also have the game on the big screen upstairs.For those that dont know the Alibi is just by the King Alfred in hove.....:clap:

A free bowl of chillie what?:shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I shall be watching it in the comfort of my own home with a curry made by my daughter in law, as son says they are first class. That will be washed down with a couple of bottles of London Pride, should be Indian Lager. but I dont like lager other than a room temperature bottle of Becks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont like cold beer and when we did relief work after leaving the pub full time I could never rely on what the bitter would be like so started drinking room temperature Becks. If I go into a pub that doesnt sell proper beer or I dont know the pub I ask for Becks from the cellar not the cold shelf.

I just happen to like the way my wife makes the chilli as she doesnt like it so makes it very hot for me.

Son is always raving about his partners curries and as he doesnt have sky sports I suggested he come to our house to watch the game and she cook dinner. She decided on a curry so I will try one. I am not really fussy and will eat and drink most things but not cold beer.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
free chilli, f*** sake, what a load of crap, in fact crap pub= crap offer end of..

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I dont like cold beer and when we did relief work after leaving the pub full time I could never rely on what the bitter would be like so started drinking room temperature Becks. If I go into a pub that doesnt sell proper beer or I dont know the pub I ask for Becks from the cellar not the cold shelf.

I just happen to like the way my wife makes the chilli as she doesnt like it so makes it very hot for me.

Son is always raving about his partners curries and as he doesnt have sky sports I suggested he come to our house to watch the game and she cook dinner. She decided on a curry so I will try one. I am not really fussy and will eat and drink most things but not cold beer.

This-just-in-nobody-cares.jpg

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
free chilli, f*** sake, what a load of crap, in fact crap pub= crap offer end of..

Actually the Alibi is quite a good pub and like Turienzo its 10 seconds from my door (dont read too much into that btw!!)...................although I will be watching the game in the Montpelier where, coincidentally, they will be doing free chilli for BHA fans!!!

Oct 25, 2003
yep the alibi is decent, definitely the best pub around there for me (i think your 'favourite' pub in that area would depend on who you are, they're all reasonable)

do you live on st. aubyn's bluenose?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea

Somebody make this a sticky.

Oh and have you told the BBC yet? I should imagine they'll want to plaster it all over their website under the heading "f***ing FASCINATING"

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Actually the Alibi is quite a good pub and like Turienzo its 10 seconds from my door (dont read too much into that btw!!)...................although I will be watching the game in the Montpelier where, coincidentally, they will be doing free chilli for BHA fans!!!

I wouldn't eat anything in there having seen the state of the Harveys they're willing to serve up!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I shall be going to a very decent place in central Hove, where food is on offer, and Dark Star is on tap.

Are you talkin' The Exchange here Sam? I'm pretty sure Manager Neal will have the Albion match on in there. :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I shall be going to my father's to watch the game. He normally makes me a cup of tea and last time he also let me have a sandwich....all free.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here