Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fraser

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
yes he has come on heaps this season and had a lot of pressure on him after hammonds sending off on saturday and took it very well for a kid

there are area's of his game he needs to work on but he's 20 i see him very similar to hammond in that in 3 or 4 years time he could be a big player for the albion

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
Yeah i can see him being an asset for the furture.. but he isnt good enough for a starting place in the center of midfeild if we want to push for play offs, surely?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Excellent player, needs time. I think centre midfield, like being a keeper, is one of those areas where players need to be a little older to hold their own and at only 20 he is doing well.

I'm more curious as to what's going on with Scott Chamberlain.

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
I'm more curious as to what's going on with Scott Chamberlain.
Thats a great point, since offering him a pro contract we havnt seen or heard any thing of him! look at Coxy, dubut season 1st team football.. being to young isnt a good enough exscuse really.. look at arsenal they have 18 year olds playing champions league footbal. why use age as an exscuse?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
It's strange as he's the only one left from the batch signed on who is yet to make his debut. I wonder if he will get released, especially as we have signed 2 players in his position.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It's strange as he's the only one left from the batch signed on who is yet to make his debut. I wonder if he will get released, especially as we have signed 2 players in his position.

He has i rmember him coming on for frutos against bristol city away in the paint pot trophy

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
Tom definitely has a future, but needs an experienced pro along side him. He does the simple things well and looks like he always wants the ball. From what I know, he'll play anywhere he asked to play, but would prefer centre mid.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
As others have said he was the best player on the pitch against Leeds and hasn't had a particualry bad game for us, even when played out wide.

I think as he gains experience he will continue to improve, technically he's sound, a good competitor and uses the ball intelligently. Well worth a squad place at the moment.

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
Yeah, he just dosnt look comfortable on the ball in my eyes, he has an engine him tho, proberly one of the fittest players at the club

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
In the youth he looked good on the ball, sprayed passes around. Might just take him time to adapt, mens game is so much quicker.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
In the youth he looked good on the ball, sprayed passes around. Might just take him time to adapt, mens game is so much quicker.

I think thats the difference, once he gets used to the pace of the game he will be the new (and probably better) Charlie Oatway.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Fraser is alright, all action and committed, he's a decent passer as well, just plays it simple. I think the Mansfield game showed he's not even close to being the finished article yet, with Reid playing poorly alongside him he was awful, I think Hammond and O'Callaghan have tended to guide him through games when they've played with him. Nothing wrong with that of course. He's got the right attitude anyway, and looks like he will develop into a leader on the pitch.

I think the way he is being used this season is the way young players should be really, being eased in, used sparingly, playing a couple of games and then coming out. It's a shame that players like Cox and Lynch haven't had this and their progress seems to have stalled this year.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I think Fraser has improved a lot this season. The one thing he has against him is his size, he doesn't seem big enough to really compete in the middle of the park. Still has the right attitude, as others have mentioned, and I'm sure he'll continue to improve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here