Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fraser Has a Dig at Knight

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not for the first time, that's a pretty wild piece of supposition in an attempt to re-consider the course of events (you did it with the Archer and Bellotti stuff), and certainly not how I remember it at the time - nor do I recall anyone else even considering that to be the case at the time.

If you think you could find a way that Brighton could ever have matched any offer Leeds could have made at that time, let us know how it could have been done, will you?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not for the first time, that's a pretty wild piece of supposition in an attempt to re-consider the course of events (you did it with the Archer and Bellotti stuff), and certainly not how I remember it at the time - nor do I recall anyone else even considering that to be the case at the time.

If you think you could find a way that Brighton could ever have matched any offer Leeds could have made at that time, let us know how it could have been done, will you?

You misunderstand me.

I'm not trying to explain how a deal could have been done, just saying in Harding's position he would be viewing it that way, that harding would be thinking Knight could have done more, and that it would make him upset with Knight. Not that he is right, not that Knight should have done more.

I was just putting forward a way to explain how Harding could have a problem with Knight and your memory of events still be correct and have them be compatible.

*I think the archer belotti thing you speak of was bourne out of my mistaking when Archer took over, not an attempt to re-write history

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You misunderstand me.

I'm not trying to explain how a deal could have been done, just saying in Harding's position he would be viewing it that way, that harding would be thinking Knight could have done more, and that it would make him upset with Knight. Not that he is right, not that Knight should have done more.

I was just putting forward a way to explain how Harding could have a problem with Knight and your memory of events still be correct and have them be compatible.

*I think the archer belotti thing you speak of was bourne out of my mistaking when Archer took over, not an attempt to re-write history

But why are you trying to write into history a consideration that Harding had a problem with Knight?

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, who knows? Who cares? But you're creating a theory based on a supposition which in turn is based on a possible set of circumstances that may or may not have happened.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Pavillionaire had already mentioned Harding had a problem with knight. You stated how you remembered things and. I was merely providing an explanation for how he could have had a problem, if Pavillionaire is right, and your memory of things still be right.

Last edited:

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Moaning adolescent. 'Dick Knight treated me badly,' oh 'i didn't like the chairman'.....

WELL if you didnt like what was at the heart of the club, and how things worked, why would you 'want a new contract?

Doesn't really add up...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I remember at the time that negotiations between Harding and Knight got very messy and my recollection is that Harding and his agent were not happy with Knight. I don't think I've heard an ex-Albion player get booed as much as Harding did in the 3-3 draw at Elland Road.

At that time we needed the money, the player wanted the move and the deal at the end was a good one for us and Harding, so why the heartache?

Similarly, Lynch is a good player and would want to play in the Championship, so why his bad feeling about the club?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
From the Argus...

Fraser fires parting shot

7:40am Tuesday 16th June 2009

comment Comments (0) Have your say »
Exclusive By Brian Owen »

Midfielder Tommy Fraser today launched an astonishing parting shot at former Albion chairman Dick Knight.

The 21-year-old former youth team skipper, who is joining Port Vale, accused Knight of failing to support young players coming through the ranks at Withdean.

He criticised Knight’s decision to replace Dean Wilkins with Micky Adams as first team manager.

And he claimed Knight, rather than first team boss Russell Slade, was behind the decision to end his 11-year association with his home town club.

Knight was not available for comment when The Argus attempted to contact him last night.

He recently left the post of chairman after a 12-year stint during which Albion fielded a host of home produced players.

Fraser, who is rejoining Adams at Vale Park, was one of 16 players recently told they would not be offered new deals by the Seagulls.

He said: “I played 35 games last season even though the club brought in six or seven midfielders. I felt I deserved a contract and I wasn’t given a reason why I didn’t get one.

“It was just going into an office and being told I wasn’t getting anything.

“Knowing the chairman at the time and knowing what he was like I shouldn’t have been surprised. I never got on with the chairman.

“I didn’t find him a nice person to talk to. I never felt welcome under him as a former youth team player coming through. He never really looked after me or any of the youth boys.

“By that I mean he’d never talk to you if you were coming to the end of your contract. He made it hard for you, left everything until the last minute.”

He added: “What happened with Dean Wilkins was an absolute disgrace.

“It’s not about me being bitter now because I did not get a contract. People close to me know I said these things all along. The way Dean was treated was a disgrace, even when he was manager.

“I was glad to get away from it. I felt the club was not going anywhere under Dick Knight.

“He was a director at a football club but he wanted to be director of football.

“I hope the club now moves on. I’ve still got good friends at the club and I hope Russell Slade does well.

“I don’t think he had much choice in what happened to me. I don’t bear him any grudges.

“He’s a great manager who I’d like to play for again some day. If anyone asks me about him I’ll have nothing but good things to say.”

Fraser believes he can make a swift return to League One with Port Vale.

But he insists he will be wishing his old club all the best as well. He said: “I can’t wait to get playing football again.

“There were a few options but Micky being there made the decision for me.

“I want to get out of this league and I wouldn’t have signed if I didn’t think we could achieve that.

“But I wouldn’t change any of my time at Brighton. I had a great upbringing there with lots of good players who are all great friends of mine.

“We had ups and downs but the year under Dean was great and so was the run we put together at the end of last season.

“I also want to say thank you to the fans. They have always been brilliant for me.”
perhaps it has something to do with a certain incident that happened with some other players?

D

Deleted member 2719

I don't blame Tommy for letting go about this after all too many have stuck Knight on his pedestal and it has been a massive debate amongst fans for some time and Tommy is now just putting his point of view across because he Dean Wilkins and Dick Knight are no longer involved.

He will be a good player and IMO will Play Championship Football as he has a winners attitude.

Well done Tommy and thanks for your contribution at the Albion.

:thumbsup:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I done a thread stating who would be the first to slag knight once he's gone:lolol:
This doesn't surprise me as knight was a complete numpty at times:glare:im sure fraser won't be the last.:drink:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
"“By that I mean he’d never talk to you if you were coming to the end of your contract. He made it hard for you, left everything until the last minute.”" Yep that sounds like us alright!

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
I take it Tommy Fraser won't be handing over the commemorative ashtray (unless he can hit the potless pillock with it) or whatever bit of tat the lickers are handing over at the Dick Tight brown nose fest then ?

There you go again you miserable kill joy. I hope that all who attend the evening's celebration have a marvellous time, and as Tommy says, "Three chairs for Dick Knight!"

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Why is Fraser getting slated for being honest?...

It does seem strange that every word Shane McNobody said about Dean Wilkins was taken on this board as gospel, yet a counter argument from a player who has been here a hell of lot longer is dismissed. Oh well. I bet Mr Wilkins is having a chuckle at that.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It does seem strange that every word Shane McNobody said about Dean Wilkins was taken on this board as gospel, yet a counter argument from a player who has been here a hell of lot longer is dismissed. Oh well. I bet Mr Wilkins is having a chuckle at that.

Said that earlier, the bitter and twisted ramblings of McFool etc last season were took as gospel yet young Tommys true thoughts are slated :angry::angry::angry:

Last edited:

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
Good on you Tommy - good to see the truth starting to come out - There will be people that don't beleive you Tom but it can't always be everyone else apart from Dick Knight - the man HAS wrecked years off hard work at this club - still he has to live with his lies

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here