Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fpt final lords 25th july,sussex v hants

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
That could be massive news... their captain and all-round very good cricketer out injured. Carberry is also a very good player, mind, but he's bound to be tired after his marathon innings :rolleyes:

Dimitri Mascarenhas ducked into a bouncer that hit him through the grill and he retired hurt without scoring a run, however it has already been confirmed that he will be fit for the Friends Provident Trophy Final tomorrow.

Get Wright to bowl him a bouncer as soon as he comes into bat then!

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Dimitri Mascarenhas has retired hurt, that could be very good news if he's out, one of their best batsmen and bowlers. But Carberry looks like he could be in a little form

This can only be great news. To retire on 0 something has to be very badly wrong.

Do you know what has happened to him.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
This can only be great news. To retire on 0 something has to be very badly wrong.

Do you know what has happened to him.

Have seen Triggers update at 13.48 now.

Shame he qill be there tomorrow, but still a few words in his shell like about a bouncer barrage when he first comes in won't go amiss.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Yep I seem to remember saying pretty much the same myself in 2006!! I fully expect Sussex to let themselves and the thousands of loyal fans down on saturday with a piss poor batting peformance, and the true giants of cricket being home and dry by 5pm.
Pity I didnt load some money on my prediction eh

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
Well what a let down we never came out of the gates .only Yardy had a great game his 92 not out was a true Captains inn's.as for the rest a very poor show indeed,Prior should never have been in the team,

Cork was far there best player who lead us to our down fall.his 3 wicket early burst finished us off so early in the game.

Now Onto warwickshire at hove on monday for the QF 20/20 WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS HERE.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Dont think many would have argued with the team selection before hand. Behind the stumps Prior didn't do much wrong. In front of them he played badly at the first ball and my immediate reaction was he was unlucky with the second. Anyone seen it on Sky and can comment?

Nash was also unlucky as I thought the ball was going over but the big screen seemed to indicate a bit of bat too. As for the rest, poor shot selction early on and a poor run out by Goodwin (who got closer than I thought he did on first viewing). Cant criticise the lower order for hitting out when they did. At least when Wright, RHB and Smith walked to the crease they looked like they wanted to be there.

Looking at the lower order, the partnerships of yardy and wright/smith/RHB were all what we needed - pity others in the team didn't match that.

Even given Nash and Prior's dismissals I dont think we would have set a winning total - Yardy says we were 40 runs short. I think we were nearer 60. Always a gamble to bat first in a Lords final and it didn't pay off.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Even given Nash and Prior's dismissals I dont think we would have set a winning total - Yardy says we were 40 runs short. I think we were nearer 60. Always a gamble to bat first in a Lords final and it didn't pay off.

Agree with that summation ROSM. Could not understand both captains saying they would bat first if they won the toss. Lord's pitches always seem to be iffy in the first hours play and give something to the bowler. Having siad that I take nothing away form Corky's opening spell. Not many would have coped with him on the day, it grieves me to say. Yardy did a stirling captain's job but was let down by his openers and then by his two pace bowlers. Luke did well with the ball as did RMJ.

Still a good day out but no real excitement for us Sussex Lads. Enjoyed the band coming over to us to play GOSBTS. If there is one thing the old fogies get right at Lord's it's having a marching band and no music over the PA system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here