Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FPC Press Conference at 2pm today [15 Aug]

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
thats the way I read it

I think they want to hold a press conference to have one last 15 minutes in the spotlight before they retreat to their whist drives and rosebush pruning. They will highlight the fact that they feel incredibly hard done by and have been steamrollered by The Albion. They will reiterate their opposition to the stadium and will emphasise their continued opposition to the plans. They will (very quietly) say they are not going to appeal and will then set fire to themselves as a final act of defiance.

Maybe

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Actually. bollox to it. I have just listened to the 1330 news on SCR and they have repeated the story quoted above that FPC are NOT going to appeal.

:clap2::yahoo::falmer::falmerspi:ascarf::albion2::guitar::bounce::banana::albion1:

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
Well it's either an appeal or a rant about how hard done by they are and how unfair the system is.

I still expect an appeal as I don't think they have it them to back down.

Maybe an insolvancy practitioner should setup a branch in Falmer Village?

Have faith! Would Melanie lie to the press? (OK wrong example)

New Argus story

Councillors back down over Falmer stadium fight

Link

Falmer Parish Council has ended its fight against Brighton and Hove Albion's new stadium, it has emerged.

Unconfirmed reports suggest the council will not seek a High Court challenge over the Government's decision to grant permission for the 22,500 seat arena.

The news is expected to be announced officially in a statement to the Press today.

advertisementThe South Downs Society earlier announced it would not appeal, following in the footsteps of Lewes District Council which swiftly decided against another costly legal battle.

Fans hope it could signal the end of a 10 year quest to find a new home since the club left the Goldstone Ground in 1997.

Communities Secretary Hazel Blears approved plans for the stadium last month, but opponents still have until September 4 to try and derail the scheme.

The original decision to grant permission, made by John Prescott in October 2005, was quashed by the Government after it was revealed he made a mistake in the wording of the document.

1:34pm today

Link

Falmer Parish Council has ended its fight against Brighton and Hove Albion's new stadium, it has emerged.

Unconfirmed reports suggest the council will not seek a High Court challenge over the Government's decision to grant permission for the 22,500 seat arena.

The news is expected to be announced officially in a statement to the Press today.

advertisementThe South Downs Society earlier announced it would not appeal, following in the footsteps of Lewes District Council which swiftly decided against another costly legal battle.

Fans hope it could signal the end of a 10 year quest to find a new home since the club left the Goldstone Ground in 1997.

Communities Secretary Hazel Blears approved plans for the stadium last month, but opponents still have until September 4 to try and derail the scheme.

The original decision to grant permission, made by John Prescott in October 2005, was quashed by the Government after it was revealed he made a mistake in the wording of the document.

1:34pm today

Update:-

Updated Link

Falmer Parish Council will not appeal against the proposed Falmer stadium, it has emerged.

The South Downs Society earlier announced it would not appeal, following in the footsteps of Lewes District Council which swiftly decided against another costly legal battle.

advertisement

2:00pm today

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
:dance:

Yee ha !!!!!

The fat lady is just clearing her throat as we speak. Let the celebrations begin, I 'd put my house and career on F.P.C pulling out of the race.

Happy days.

fat_lady_2_101x80.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here