Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FPC Press Conference at 2pm today [15 Aug]

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
"If your friends don't want to come to the party, there is not much of a party left."
Nice one Paul.

Take the hint, FPC. Then we can soon have marvellous scenes.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I have taken to listening to BBC SCR on the net at work !

scooter1

How soon is now?
Ooh, good stuff.
The champagne is still on ice until its there in black and white.

This could be a red letter day for Mr and Mrs Scooter as we've just had an offer accepted on our first house, sadly not in Falmer, the irony would have been too much to bear - although a short walk to watch our local football team in a few years would have been great!!!

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Or will this be a private gathering and the news will only be published in the October edition of Duck Pond Quarterly?[/QUOTE]

I like that.

I must subscribe to this magazine, where can I get it from ? Melanie herself !!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
"The backers of the Falmer Stadium and other schemes throughout the downs have been left in no doubt about one thing. The South Downs Society will always campaign forcefully against proposals which will damage our downs."

And unwanted muddy fields next to dual carriageways and built up areas seemingly :shootself

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Did I hear that correctly?

The BBC SCR 1pm News just said that Melanie Cutress told the BBC they wouldnt appeal last night

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Did I hear that correctly?

The BBC SCR 1pm News just said that Melanie Cutress told the BBC they wouldnt appeal last night

I heard them say that too...

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Shoot me down in flames if you like, and I do hope I'm worng, but I'm scared. Why call a press conference to release in the public eye a decision that they don't want to take, and is going to make them look like the bunch of muppets they are in public. If I was FPC and was about to announce no appeal, I would slip the news out quietly. To me, a press conference means an appeal.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Any idea when this press conference will happen and they have their last 15 minutes of fame slot ?

2pm -

In Ms Cuthurton-Cholmeley Smyth's front room , the 6 of them with the Vicar and some Earl Grey tea and Rich Tea biscuits and a Bantenburg cake.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Shoot me down in flames if you like, and I do hope I'm worng, but I'm scared. Why call a press conference to release in the public eye a decision that they don't want to take, and is going to make them look like the bunch of muppets they are in public. If I was FPC and was about to announce no appeal, I would slip the news out quietly. To me, a press conference means an appeal.

thats the way I read it

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
" We have called all the press even though we did not allow them to the public meeting to announce we are standing down and not appealing " mmmmm

or

" We are not appealing but want to have a final grizzle about evil football clubs destroying the South Downs blah blah blah "

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC

I hear what you are saying. Though they might just want to use it press conference to lay it on thick about how they wanted to carry on, were sure of winning, the plan is illegal, but due to Lewes refusing to give them the money they are not going to appeal.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Final 15 minutes of fame

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Well it's either an appeal or a rant about how hard done by they are and how unfair the system is.

I still expect an appeal as I don't think they have it them to back down.

Maybe an insolvancy practitioner should setup a branch in Falmer Village?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here