Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fozzy On Saturday - His Final Argus Column

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I liked NF and there is no doubt about the part his goals played in keeping us up this and last season but I reckon he could quite easily be, what's known in old army parlance. a barrack room lawyer

rool

Jul 10, 2003
One such detractor happened to be Tommy Elphick's granddad who commented to a lad sat next to him at one of my earlier games that he "didn't think much of the new lad do you?" to which the lad replied "Well, that is my step-dad so I have to disagree!" Thanks Jake.

The Stockport game last May is clearly a highlight for me, a day that I could never forget and the scenes that followed are an example of what makes this club great.

I had been injured leading up to the game and the lads have never forgotten me walking on to the training ground broadcasting "Panic over boys, I'm back now!"

I think some were genuinely gutted when I popped up with the decisive goal after all their hard work previously. I couldn't have written it better if I tried, could I?

[/I]

I thought it was mostly a nice bit except:-

1) Did he have to mention it was Tommy Elphicks Granddad.
2) 'Panic over boys, I'm back now' - Wow
3) Who would have been genuinely gutted that he scored other than anyone connected with Stockport? Supporting from a distance makes it difficult to pick up on stuff like that at the time.

Otherwise quite nice.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Thank you for your goals, your support of the club through it all, your professional attitude, and your honesty, something which Gus has yet to show.

What are you on about there? Gus is the most open and honest manager we've had in some time.

Nicky Forster was a very good player for the club, but in the end he was responsible for his departure. Nobody else.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
He clearly enjoyed it here and for two and a half seasons we were glad to have him. You don't teach he ability to finish that he had that is instinct. However despite all this comments such as "panic over I'm back now" do reflect the more self centred core of many modern day players. Poyet is showing these types the door and results well they are speaking for themselves.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
He disrespected the club by going to the press and broke the chain of command, you cant have the tail wagging the dog and other players at other clubs have recently been dropped the same way who have broken that unwritten law. The bloke was a prat, great player in his day but still a prat and old enough and wise enough i thought to know better. "Stuck up his own arse" a bit too much me thinks and more than a germ of truth in too much player power these days.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I fail to see how he wasnt worth another year even as a back up to Murray.

Reading between the lines of some things that have been posted on here ( and with absolutely no personal inside info or proof ) it seems he MAY have been a bit of a disruptive influence in the dressing room?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Reading between the lines of some things that have been posted on here ( and with absolutely no personal inside info or proof ) it seems he MAY have been a bit of a disruptive influence in the dressing room?

Maybe.... Guess we will never know really.

The times I have seen him playing he seems to have a bit of an attitude while playing but i put that down to a will to win.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Judging by what he said, it would appear he is the perfect pro, and the club acted out of order.

When in fact if you had half a clue what really went on, a lot more people would be very pleased he's gone.

Good player on the pitch, but all I can say is, the squad and club are a lot better off without him around.

He wants to be a coach. Thank f*** it won't be here, that's all I can say!:)

I love posts like this!!

You imply that a lot more went on than was reported by the local media from where most of our support get their info - if so why not spill the f***ing beans?!

Otherwise your post is totally irrelevant to the debate!!!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I love posts like this!!

You imply that a lot more went on than was reported by the local media from where most of our support get their info - if so why not spill the f***ing beans?!

Otherwise your post is totally irrelevant to the debate!!!

I don't know Mr.Burns, I don't know where is info came from, and I suspect not from the places I heard mine, but the story is similar.

Great player, determined winner ... who was a barrack room lawyer at best, nightmare to manage at worst.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Of all the other players out of contract and awaiting discussions with the club NOT A SINGLE ONE went to the press or even spoke in support of Forster. Indeed the deafening silence or "internal discipline" has been the most impressive element of the whole affair and surely speaks volumes.

That said, I'm glad to see Nicky building bridges. It does neither party any good to part with bitterness.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't believe the fawning over an ex player just because he wrote a "nice" newspaper column.

I'm not putting him in the Leon Knight bracket by any means, but you wonder how many people would have a different opinion of said twat if he'd been able to express his feelings in such a manner.

Anyway, thanks for the memories Nicky Forster. You served us pretty well, it's just that your time has now passed.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
I can't believe the fawning over an ex player just because he wrote a "nice" newspaper column.

I'm not putting him in the Leon Knight bracket by any means, but you wonder how many people would have a different opinion of said twat if he'd been able to express his feelings in such a manner.

Anyway, thanks for the memories Nicky Forster. You served us pretty well, it's just that your time has now passed.

More like Forster's artical has sucked in the less intelligent ones and they have fallen for it hook line and sinker.
The best way to come across is to mention your love for the club and the biggy.......his goal ratio.

He is trying to bail out without egg on his face simples.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

True - we need to stop this now. Hopefully all the debate on it has ended.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Judging by what he said, it would appear he is the perfect pro, and the club acted out of order.

When in fact if you had half a clue what really went on, a lot more people would be very pleased he's gone.

Good player on the pitch, but all I can say is, the squad and club are a lot better off without him around.

He wants to be a coach. Thank f*** it won't be here, that's all I can say!:)
No chance you can elaborate on that is there Burnsy? I know from your previous posts on other subjects that you're not a bullshitter, so any light you can shed will be most welcome.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Footballers words don't mean a lot. :shrug:

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I thank Forz for his goals and his effort every time he played. I have no doubt he was paid big bucks (by our standards) but by and large he came up with the goods. He's got his eye on life after playing, and I always figured he'd probably been offered the chance to learn the coaching ropes under Slade (alongside a short term playing offer when next up). I guess that when Russ got the gooner that all changed. Especially as Poyet was the first manager for yonks who was allowed to bring his own coaching team in.

As Nicky said, time just wasn't on his side, and a probably short term playing deal on it's own wouldn't have been enough to tempt him.

Shame about the way it played out in the end, but he's moved on, and so will we.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I kept my mouth shut until recently (when I felt some of the adulation was slightly misplaced and ott) about how I felt about Fozzygate. Reading that has made me realise I have been overly harsh in my criticism of Nicky in that respect as he obviously has more love for BHA than I gave him credit for.

Credit to you for saying that - I was beginning to think NF had stolen your last rolo for all the overly-harsh criticism you've written about him of late.
So come and join the majority of us on the other side where we all adore NF because, frankly, he WAS the main-man at our club. A true professional and our best player in recent times by a country mile :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here