Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Always liked Forster, sound bloke. Sorely missed.:nono:

All the breast for the future:thumbsup:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
If only he`d kept his quite understandable frustrations private and not gone public he may have been given his 1yr but he didnt and it is to his and the clubs eternal regret that he didnt, but it was a stupid thing to do given his apparent standing and experience in the game so he`s not a saint.

Whether he would have been given the 1yr without this cock-up could be argued all night but I suspect he may have got the offer of 1yr on lower wages so may have ended up going somewhere else for more money anyway. We do have alot to thank him for and he has been an excellent player for us but I still think the club acted properly with all 9 of the out of contract players, including Forster.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I kept my mouth shut until recently (when I felt some of the adulation was slightly misplaced and ott) about how I felt about Fozzygate. Reading that has made me realise I have been overly harsh in my criticism of Nicky in that respect as he obviously has more love for BHA than I gave him credit for.

I concur. Written words and setinments are generally easy, but that does appear to be heartfelt.

I have always loved him from the moment we bought him. Hated him when he didn't play for us. I was bitterly disappoint with his behavious and going to SSN, but looking back on things in the future, he will always be the man that kept Albion together in one piece and saved us from travelling to Darlington.

Feb 14, 2010
I cannot understand the criticism of some fans towards Fozzy. We wouldn't even be in this division without his goals. He still has a couple of decent seasons in him and I for one am sad about his departure.

I sincerely wish him well at Charlton and hope he earns a contract for next season as he deserves it.

I will try and explain why he is disliked by many. Firstly he is a fully paid up member of the "players rights" brigade, and therefore part of the problem with football. He doesn't seem to understand that nobody owes him a f***ing living. Secondly and most importantly he tried to start a players revolt before a crucial game at Orient and undermine Poyet in his first managerial role, where he is doing a great job for us. As for his written words in the argus, well my friend his actions the day beore the Orient game speak much louder than his words. Hope that is clear.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I cannot understand the criticism of some fans towards Fozzy. We wouldn't even be in this division without his goals. He still has a couple of decent seasons in him and I for one am sad about his departure.

I sincerely wish him well at Charlton and hope he earns a contract for next season as he deserves it.

We would never have got promoted without Leon Knight. (NB Whilst not wishing to put them in the same boat)

On a personal level, I was disappointed that he went public when we had a very important match to attend to. There are plenty of players in the same boat as his and not all of them (none?) go to SSN.

I don't think Forster has faced abuse. More so a level of disappointment and disbelief.

Feb 14, 2010
We would never have got promoted without Leon Knight. (NB Whilst not wishing to put them in the same boat)

On a personal level, I was disappointed that he went public when we had a very important match to attend to. There are plenty of players in the same boat as his and not all of them (none?) go to SSN.

I don't think Forster has faced abuse. More so a level of disappointment and disbelief.

To be honest mate the fact Forster has not has stick shows how soft the BHA fans have got over the last 7 or 8 years. He was a disgrace and should have had stick. Tring to start a players revolt before a crucial game. What front he had. And we should lay off because he was our top goal scorer, like f*** we should. As for disbelief, well I could well believe it. some of his columns were full of the usual players claptrap. Pleased Poyet faced the pillock down and showed him the door

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To be honest mate the fact Forster has not has stick shows how soft the BHA fans have got over the last 7 or 8 years. He was a disgrace and should have had stick. Tring to start a players revolt before a crucial game. What front he had. And we should lay off because he was our top goal scorer, like f*** we should. As for disbelief, well I could well believe it. some of his columns were full of the usual players claptrap. Pleased Poyet faced the pillock down and showed him the door

:dunce:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Absolute legend, and we would be a League Two club without him. Sincerely hope we get to play against him again so that he can get the ovation he deserves.

Sadly, a few people that don't really understand football haven't got a clue how much he brought to the side, and even if you halved his extremely impressive goals tally his all-round game would have made him one of the best players in the side regardless.

But with the impressive goals tally, he has been comfortably our best player for the last 3 seasons and it is a travesty that he has never won player of the season.

Good luck Nicky...

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I will try and explain why he is disliked by many. Firstly he is a fully paid up member of the "players rights" brigade, and therefore part of the problem with football. He doesn't seem to understand that nobody owes him a f***ing living. Secondly and most importantly he tried to start a players revolt before a crucial game at Orient and undermine Poyet in his first managerial role, where he is doing a great job for us. As for his written words in the argus, well my friend his actions the day beore the Orient game speak much louder than his words. Hope that is clear.

Added to Ignore List....

:wave:

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
Good to read that column...bit of an olive branch perhaps? Still one of the best players to wear the blue and white stripes in recent years. Without him we would be in league 2. Thanks, Nicky.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

You knew to this supporting lark. You must be if you think Forster has been a big troublemaker at this club.

brulee

Aug 12, 2008
he was a good player for us and nearly always gave 100% when other players didnt. he made a mistake and should of waited for a new contract. it is a shame for both player and club as he would of made a good coach as we are now going places.
not quite forgiven him for not celebrating his goal against bournemouth with me.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Judging by what he said, it would appear he is the perfect pro, and the club acted out of order.

When in fact if you had half a clue what really went on, a lot more people would be very pleased he's gone.

Good player on the pitch, but all I can say is, the squad and club are a lot better off without him around.

He wants to be a coach. Thank f*** it won't be here, that's all I can say!:)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Harsh..............but I suspect is far nearer the truth than most posts on this thread.

He did well for us, but like most players, the most important thing to Nicky Forster was.........Nicky Forster.......and he didn't really seem to care, at what cost to the club.

Wish him well for the future.....but really not bothered about him going at all.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy

I don't think your far from the truth. Pretty well put i say.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
Forster you are a legend. Thank you for your goals over the year. Without you, there would be no future for Brighton, but now with your goals, we have Bloom, Falmer, and Gus. There are many clubs who would welcome Forster as a coach, my Reading supporting mate would love to see him back there. Thank you for your goals, your support of the club through it all, your professional attitude, and your honesty, something which Gus has yet to show.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Judging by what he said, it would appear he is the perfect pro, and the club acted out of order.

When in fact if you had half a clue what really went on, a lot more people would be very pleased he's gone.

Good player on the pitch, but all I can say is, the squad and club are a lot better off without him around.

He wants to be a coach. Thank f*** it won't be here, that's all I can say!:)

Sounds about right, I would say great player rather than good though ...

I believe that his stong willled and out spoken views made a number of managers life rather difficult. His 'what the f**k do you think I'm doing ... prick' to DW when given instruction by DW during a game a couple of seasons back springs to mind ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here