Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Foxes

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Lokki 7 said:
That'll learn em!

mossies-breakx.jpg
http://ordering.mobplay.co.uk/EN/bi...l?item_id=67950&play_preview=1&site_id=636528
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:Try playing this VERY LOUD down the hole

Last edited:

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
wehatepalace said:
Oh perlease.................... it was a joke ! Like the guys gonna have an entire fox hunt charging round his garden !

:shootself

I know .......but a friend of mine had a hunt charge into there back garden, apparently Mr Fox was hiding in their shed, obviously it had previous for breaking and entering as the door was shut and locked.:shootself . The hunt master was very apologetic especially as one of the hounds spent ten minutes running around their front room. :lolol:
However the rest of the hunt to a man, were chinless, rude and not particularly bright and must have needed a guide to get them out of London.

BTW, if you have a fox in the garden some hunts will 'help' you solve the problem ......

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
Starry said:
It hasn't gone away. More foxes have been killed here since the faux-ban than in the seasons before it.

They must be using fire arms now as the average hunt couldn't couldn't catch a fox if you nailed it to the huntsmaster arse.

12 bore ... it's the only language they understand.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Ozymandias said:
They must be using fire arms now as the average hunt couldn't couldn't catch a fox if you nailed it to the huntsmaster arse.

I'm guessing you're an anti then ???

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
wehatepalace said:
I'm guessing you're an anti then ???

I know I'm going to regret posting this but here goes ....

No problem with culling foxes, If there a problem then a 12 bore will do the trick, it quick, cheap, easy and painless. A load of twats on horses charging around the country side is not an effective method of pest control, quite frankly it's waste of time, and it is cruel.

Also I don't like the money aspect of hunting. One argument put forward is that without the hunt many people would loose there jobs or loose valuable income. This is true (in the case of looking after the hounds) but is mainly due to the appallingly low wages that the landowners pay there staff. The staff have no choice other than to work on the hunts. I have friends who fall into this category and there opinion of many of the huntsman is quite frankly not good. They have little concern for the countryside which they profess to love, they leave litter, trash hedgerows through inconsiderate parking, damage crops and are obnoxious to a fault. This is not helped by one fat git referring to him as 'you Boy', my mates in his late thirties and this bloke can't be more the 50.
My father worked the land as a youngster and while he shoots and fishes his contempt for the hunt is absolute. The hunt is not part of the countryside he knows and loves, it is sport for the enjoyment of the rich at the belittlement of the poor.

The bottom line is that if a farmer or landowner has problem with fox's he can quickly and easily rectify the problem using a 12 bore. It is claimed that Fox's take about 50,000 lambs a year, hunts don't take enough fox's to make any difference so why do they bother. 12 Bore ... is the only solution!

.... and breathe.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If I were you I would DEFINITELY find a quite RIDICULOUS red outfit, a horse and load of pikes and some hounds and charge around the garden shouting tally ho and blowing on a HORN until your hounds have ripped them apart ALIVE. Then I would smear the blood on my son's face and go and kill the hounds as I clearly don't need them anymore.

That's what I'd do.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Ozymandias said:
I know I'm going to regret posting this but here goes ....

No problem with culling foxes, If there a problem then a 12 bore will do the trick, it quick, cheap, easy and painless. A load of twats on horses charging around the country side is not an effective method of pest control, quite frankly it's waste of time, and it is cruel.

Also I don't like the money aspect of hunting. One argument put forward is that without the hunt many people would loose there jobs or loose valuable income. This is true (in the case of looking after the hounds) but is mainly due to the appallingly low wages that the landowners pay there staff. The staff have no choice other than to work on the hunts. I have friends who fall into this category and there opinion of many of the huntsman is quite frankly not good. They have little concern for the countryside which they profess to love, they leave litter, trash hedgerows through inconsiderate parking, damage crops and are obnoxious to a fault. This is not helped by one fat git referring to him as 'you Boy', my mates in his late thirties and this bloke can't be more the 50.
My father worked the land as a youngster and while he shoots and fishes his contempt for the hunt is absolute. The hunt is not part of the countryside he knows and loves, it is sport for the enjoyment of the rich at the belittlement of the poor.

The bottom line is that if a farmer or landowner has problem with fox's he can quickly and easily rectify the problem using a 12 bore. It is claimed that Fox's take about 50,000 lambs a year, hunts don't take enough fox's to make any difference so why do they bother. 12 Bore ... is the only solution!

.... and breathe.
I wasn't criticising it just the way it came across in your original post, everyones entitled to their own opinion
For the record I agree with most of what you said !
Draghunting is the way forward !

Now BADGER BAITING ..........................................:jester: I'm just joking

Last edited:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Arrange a Hunt & make it an annual meeting. Show em who is the Boss.;)

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Ozymandias said:

Wrong.

Two hounds to flush out, accidental scent, birds of prey etc.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this might be useful
http://www.elmbridge.gov.uk/services/environment/health/fox.htm

in all my experience with cats,foxes do not normally attack domestic cats its to do with the foxes immune system not being able to withstand the bacteria from a cats claws or mouth.
but...................there have been some attacks in london but I am pretty sure that it was all over food.
And you might see a fox carrying a dead cat that will be road kill.
badgers of coarse are a different thing cats being nosy will go down badger sets and if the badgers have young then a fight ensues and normally the cat comes off worse in fact very often they don't survive.

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
Starry said:
Wrong.

Two hounds to flush out, accidental scent, birds of prey etc.

I might be misunderstanding this but are you suggesting using birds of prey to take Mr.Fox? Now that would be an impressive sight!

Funny thing about Fox's is that everyone seems to refer to them as cunning when in fact they have always struck me as being decidedly dense.
As a youngster I used to go out on evening walks with my dad, where we would see badgers and Fox's and if we were lucky Owls. Then one thing i distinctly remember with Fox's is that they invariably used the same runs and at similar times each evening. Que joke from dad about setting his watch by them. I could, had I been so inclined laid waste to whole families of Fox's in rural Sussex, which I was not. However I must admit to taking the occasional bunny for the pot, this was a good thirty years ago but I don't believe Fox's have changed that much.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Ozymandias said:
I might be misunderstanding this but are you suggesting using birds of prey to take Mr.Fox? Now that would be an impressive sight!

Not suggesting, it's what happens.

Feel free to visit at the weekend and my husband will show you :)

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
Starry said:
Not suggesting, it's what happens.

Feel free to visit at the weekend and my husband will show you :)

Corking, something that my Dad would be impressed with.

I still stick by comments on the effectveness of a load of donkey whallopers with doggies trying to catch fox's.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Ozymandias said:
Corking, something that my Dad would be impressed with.

I still stick by comments on the effectveness of a load of donkey whallopers with doggies trying to catch fox's.

Which is pretty effective!

Nothing worse than finding a half dead fox with a pellet in it's neck or half its body mangled in a trap and having to... well, it's tea time I don't want to put anyone off their sausage and mash!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here