Foxes

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
turienzo's lovechild said:
buy a HIPPO

hippo.jpg

:lol: :lolol: Excellent - he should put a pond in - complete with water lillies and hippo named Hilda :lol:

justin72

Jul 27, 2005
Shoreham by Sea
eastlondonseagull said:
Any idea what to do about them?

We've got a family of foxes living under our garden. And they're steadily destroying it.

They've dug a long two-foot wide tunnel under our garden, into what we think used to be the street's air-raid shelter. So God knows how many of them are living down there.

I love foxes, but these ones are BLOODY noisy and they're wreaking havoc outside, leaving bones all over the place and digging up the grass. What can I do? Other than hire a few hounds, of course...

Plus, I'm worried they might attack my four cats :(

They've probably been noisy as they've been mating during December to January? They'll mate again during March to May so buy some ear-plugs!

We have a real problem with them outside our house - caused sleepless nights for about two weeks during January. They wound me up so much that I even went out at 2am one morining and chased them up the road in my pyjamas! They came back 5 minutes later and started again while I was still standing there!?!

If you ring the RSPCA all they will do is trap them and release in the country somewhere. Urban foxes are no good in the country and will look for the easy option i.e. livestock and will eventually end up shot by a farmer.

Foxes are scared of cats by the way.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Re: Re: Foxes

justin72 said:
They've probably been noisy as they've been mating during December to January? They'll mate again during March to May so buy some ear-plugs!

We have a real problem with them outside our house - caused sleepless nights for about two weeks during January. They wound me up so much that I even went out at 2am one morining and chased them up the road in my pyjamas! They came back 5 minutes later and started again while I was still standing there!?!

If you ring the RSPCA all they will do is trap them and release in the country somewhere. Urban foxes are no good in the country and will look for the easy option i.e. livestock and will eventually end up shot by a farmer.

Foxes are scared of cats by the way.

Cheers for that :thumbsup:

Just had a chat with a bloke from Humane Urban Wildlife Deterrence and he said similar. He suggested I wee in the hole and the scent will make them realise they've been rumbled :lolol:

They are really noisy, still. Like someone's being raped.

Fatboy Stenno

Feb 26, 2007
Haywards Heath
My first ever post and I'm talking about pissing in someone's garden!!!

A mate of mine had a similar problem with foxes who kept stealing his garden shoes and burying them!

He was advised to "mark his territory" by pissing all round the garden. I think it did eventually work... (Don't think he ever wore those shoes again though!)

justin72

Jul 27, 2005
Shoreham by Sea
Re: Re: Re: Foxes

eastlondonseagull said:
Cheers for that :thumbsup:

Just had a chat with a bloke from Humane Urban Wildlife Deterrence and he said similar. He suggested I wee in the hole and the scent will make them realise they've been rumbled :lolol:

They are really noisy, still. Like someone's being raped.

No worries.

Perhaps I'll try the 'wee down the hole' trick as well. Trouble is I'm not 100% certain where they're living and I don't think my neighbours will appreciate me wandering around weeing down every hole I find! :lolol:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Fatboy Stenno said:
My first ever post and I'm talking about pissing in someone's garden!!!

A mate of mine had a similar problem with foxes who kept stealing his garden shoes and burying them!

He was advised to "mark his territory" by pissing all round the garden. I think it did eventually work... (Don't think he ever wore those shoes again though!)

:lolol: Good first post :lolol:

The bloke I just spoke to said there may be cubs in the den, and that they can be quite destructive buggers, trampling on flowers etc. But he reckoned that they'll be gone by June.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
My ex girlfriend used to have foxes coming into her garden when she lived in Woodingdean.
Everyone (including RSPCA and other organisations i cant remember) said that they will eventually leave by itself and there was nothing they could do about it.
After about 3 to 4 months the flaming thing was still there untill it got hit by a car.

Oh, and foxes don't normally eat cats.
My ex's very small and young cat chased the fox around the garden as the fox was scared of it :lolol:

Last edited:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Re: Re: Re: Re: Foxes

justin72 said:
No worries.

Perhaps I'll try the 'wee down the hole' trick as well. Trouble is I'm not 100% certain where they're living and I don't think my neighbours will appreciate me wandering around weeing down every hole I find! :lolol:

It'll be easier after a session down the pub and a provide a great excuse if caught by the neighbour.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall collected a big bottle of his own wee and sprayed it around his territory which seemed to work.

Saves endless excursions to the garden and perhaps a very awkward citizen's arrest from one of your neighbours.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Have a BBQ for the good people of NSC, the noise will hack the little buggers off no end, we can all pee down their hole...should get rid of them in no time.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
In fact, I have come up with a better idea, leave out a hash cake for them...they are scavengers and are bound to eat it, then when they are stoned, put them in the boot of your car and re-house them somewhere else.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Bait them with some tranquilisers in meat then drive them 20 or so miles into the country and leave them there, they are not going to die, or be physically harmed, in fact they probably will have a better life.

Otherwise drug them then sell them to a Pikey to be used as 'warm up' for their dog fights, after all it would then stop them nicking poodles out of parks for the very same purpose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here