Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Four four two mag - Bas Savage

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Fixture me if already mentioned as i have only just seen this:

Four four two: Team in your League you'd most like to beat?

BS: "Brighton. They never offered me a deal when I was there and I was keen to stay. I was playing good football and I liked the area but couldn't agree a deal so I went to Millwall. Beating them would certainly make me happy"

I thought we offered him a deal, he was just not happy with it?

"....and i couldn't agree a deal with Millwall when they didn't offer me terms..... so I buggered off to Tranmere"

where Mr Moor (their manager) writes in September.....

Tranmere Rovers striker Bas Savage has been urged to get among the goals by Prenton Park manager Ronnie Moore.

The 26-year-old has netted twice in seven games for Moore's side this season, but the Rovers boss thinks that Savage should have an even better return.

He told the Daily Post: "I brought Bas here to score goals, that is the big thing.
"He is an entertainer and he has made himself a crowd favourite already, but he is here to lead the line.

"As a manager I am greedy and I would like to see Bas being a touch more hungry in the box.
"He likes to drift out to the right-hand side and he has the ability to go past people.

"If Bas is going to come out on the right-hand side, at least we are going to have a natural attacker to come inside, so we can get players in the box."

Last edited:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Wait a minute! I've just noticed! He says we didn't offer him a deal, but then says he couldn't agree a deal! Which is it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I suggest Dean Hammond would say pretty much the same, he will be well stoked up for the Boxing day game..

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Spider said:

He says we didn't offer him a deal, but then says he couldn't agree a deal! Which is it?

It can be both. Suppose BS's agent makes his offer on a take-it-or-leave-it basis. The club don't like it and say no. Believing no other terms would be accepted, the club don't bother to negotiate by suggesting a different package. So, the club does not offer him a deal leaving nothing agreed. His agent gambled and lost?

Whatever, the real point is that it is sad that he should be so bitter towards the club where he became as well known as he was and where he was most prolific.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He is bitter towards Brighton because he was offered a deal, but it was not the deal he wanted. He always said he wanted a long term deal, he said at the time the deal he was offered was unacceptable, because amongst other things it was not a long enough deal. He and Hammond [agents probably] talked themselves out of a good future with the Albion, it's a shame the board at the time wouldn;t meet their demands. Let's face it, players have demands, and if they don't get them, they often walk out. Whether its Beckham or Bas Savage, I guess it's what makes them ambitious, don;t always work out though eh Dean?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I imagine Big Bas will get a good reception on Saturday :clap:

And the boo's will all ring around for O'Callaghan :tosser:

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I personally will give Bas Savage Dean Hammond and George Ocallaghan a good reception - its the very least they deserve

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here