Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FOUR bombers.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i think there is NOWAY the bus bomber intended to blow up the bus.imho ofcourse

now if i was a bomber wanting to kill as many as i could(luckily im not) surely i wiould sit in the middle at the bottom or stand there but he didnt. very weird.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:

I have the same impression, I reckon he was supposed to be underground but for some reason his bomb did'nt go off when it should've so he thought he'd go back to HQ or wherever...then it blew.

Storys of people seeing someone on that bus looking incredibly nervous and constantly checking a bag a few stops before it went up.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer

now if i was a bomber wanting to kill as many as i could(luckily im not) surely i wiould sit in the middle at the bottom or stand there but he didnt. very weird.

Weren't they trying to cause as much disruption and panic as possible, not kill as many people?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
fatboy said:
Weren't they trying to cause as much disruption and panic as possible, not kill as many people?

more deaths more panic?

if your about to give your life to kill people your gonan try and get as many as possible, hence targetting rush hour.

maybe im wrong though

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
more deaths more panic?

if your about to give your life to kill people your gonan try and get as many as possible, hence targetting rush hour.

maybe im wrong though

Let's hope neither of us are experts on the mentality of a suicide bomber.

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Turkey said:
Car found at Luton train station and Luton/Brighton line closed.

Meanwhile in Luton the railway station has been closed and a cordon placed around an area that also covers the bus station and parts of Luton University campus.

Police said a car they believe may be connected to the London bombs has been found in the car park. (BBC)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Eddie the Seagull said:
So you'd rather they were alive then ???

I'm sorry but I don't see at all how suicide bombers causing scores of deaths in our capital is good.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
They have CCTV footage of the bombers.

Bombers from Yorkshire.

Homes have been raided.

Last edited:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I'm sorry but I don't see at all how suicide bombers causing scores of deaths in our capital is good.

I think you've misconstrued my original post.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Suicide bombers are bad news BIG time. It means that there are now young muslims, probably of British origin that are actually prepared to kill themselves whilst trying to take out as many of us as possible.

You can find a package on a train and diffuse the bomb, but how do you stop someone strapped up to the nines with explosives?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
From the BBC website:

Arrest over London bomb attacks

The army has been helping the police with the operation
An arrest has been made in Yorkshire after the identity of the suspected London bus bomber led police to make a series of raids.
Security sources said the bus bomb suspect died in the blast but it is unclear if it was a suicide bombing.

They believe the four bombers were British born and all died in Thursday's bombings.

Police have carried out controlled explosions in Leeds and Luton and searched six houses.

BBC home affairs correspondent Margaret Gilmore said all four bombers were believed to have died in the blasts.

Meanwhile police in Leeds are looking for explosives and have already seized some material.

An unoccupied house in the Burley area of Leeds was one of six raided in Leeds after the attacks. Up to 600 people have been evacuated from the area.

Police cleared people from homes as well as a mosque, a health centre and an old people's home.

His great sense of humour and personable nature put him centre stage with family and friends

Bomb victim Jamie Gordon's family statement

More victims named

Parts of the Beeston area of Leeds has been cordoned off, as well as a street in Dewsbury near the city.

Inspector Miles Himsworth said the operation was being led by the Metropolitan Police Anti-Terrorist officers with the support of West Yorkshire Police and the Army Bomb Disposal Unit.

He said the house at which the controlled explosion took place officers were searching for explosives and other material.

He said that may include computers, and a "careful and meticulous search" would be carried out.

Luton station closed

Anti-terrorism officers launched the first raids in the Leeds area on six houses at about 0630 BST.

One evacuated resident Nathan Clark, said people were "shocked" at what was happening.

"Everyone is amazed that it is happening on their doorstep," he told BBC News.

The police mood is said to be "buoyant" about the developments

Meanwhile in Luton the railway station has been closed and a cordon placed around an area that also covers the bus station and parts of Luton University campus.

Police said a car they believe may be connected to the London bombs has been found in the car park.

Earlier the Met commissioner Sir Ian Blair confirmed the operation "is directly connected to the outrages on Thursday".

Sir Ian said London, as well as New York, continued to be "major terrorist targets".

He said: "Another attack is likely, there's no question about that. When, who knows."

The Yorkshire searches were carried out after warrants were issued under the Terrorism Act 2000.

HAVE YOUR SAY
Unfortunately we are going to have to surrender some of civil liberties

Matthew Freedman, London, UK

Send us your comments

BBC security correspondent Frank Gardner said the police were acting on information from searches at the scenes of the crimes in London.

Five victims have been formally identified out of 52 people confirmed killed in last Thursday's explosions on three Underground trains and a bus.

Several families have received official confirmation of the deaths of loved ones.

Queen donates

The police released the names of two further victims on Tuesday - Philip Stuart Russell, 28, of Kennington, south London, and Jamie Gordon, 30.

Mr Gordon's family described him in a statement as a "kind, caring person who always put other people first".

Two other victims were formally identified on Tuesday, but their families asked for the names not to be released immediately.

The bus explosion killed 13 passengers

On Monday, Susan Levy, 53, from Hertfordshire, was the first victim of the bombings to be officially identified by coroners.

Meanwhile in London, Prime Minister Tony Blair has signed the official book of condolences for victims at city hall.

The Queen has made a "substantial donation" to a fund set up to help the families of people killed and injured in the attacks, it has been announced.

Buckingham Palace did not reveal how much had been pledged to the London Bombings Relief Charitable Fund set up on Friday by Mayor Ken Livingstone and the British Red Cross.

An anti-terrorist hotline for anyone who might have information for the police has been set up on 0800 789 321.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here