NSC's Most Stalked
Nicky Forster is a NAZI - get rid :jester:

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 360

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There can only be one boss. If the arrival of Poyet has put Forster's nose out of joint after being the 'main man', then tough shit frankly. If he was a proper pro he'd knuckle down, and Gus may quite rightly be considering his value from now on rather than over the past couple of years.

I don't know all the facts but it doesn't look good, what Forster's done and the timing. We all know the squad needed some heads cracking together, Forster as a senior pro has been part of a previous regime that bordered on anarchy in the dressing room, he's not the guy to sort it out. Poyet might be.

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
all got out of hand...let's let the powers that be sort this out and Forster, shooting ourselves in the foot again if we don't watch out. He has been a true pro this season and just don't see him demanding this that and the other, but does want to know where he stands as out of contract.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Forster: the new Aston Villa. :facepalm:
like it - I'm all for looking forward and have a huge amount of faith in our new manager who I'm still amazed we managed to get on board. He is the clubs future for the next few seasons and will get us back in The Championship if not in time for Falmer then the season after, IMHO.
His post match rant about the ref was gold, it's been along time since I've heard a manager say the ref needs glasses, classic.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There can only be one boss. If the arrival of Poyet has put Forster's nose out of joint after being the 'main man', then tough shit frankly. If he was a proper pro he'd knuckle down, and Gus may quite rightly be considering his value from now on rather than over the past couple of years.

I don't know all the facts but it doesn't look good, what Forster's done and the timing. We all know the squad needed some heads cracking together, Forster as a senior pro has been part of a previous regime that bordered on anarchy in the dressing room, he's not the guy to sort it out. Poyet might be.
I'm beginning to wonder about Forster's contribution over the past few years now. As fans, we've seen him score goals and look the part of a senior pro on the pitch, but when you look at the way we've underachieved, and see this sort of stroppiness, it makes you wonder if he was ever fully committed to the Albion in the way you'd hope from one of your highest earners...

I will say that if Poyet and Forster don't see eye to eye, then there is only one winner here. Get rid, and quickly, IMO.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The away fans on Saturday sung his name out loud and proud, I guess it will be diffrent tomorrow night as its Withdean and he will get booed, the team will get booed off the pitch and the snow will piss everyone off even more.

Great, can't wait. :(

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm beginning to wonder about Forster's contribution over the past few years now. As fans, we've seen him score goals and look the part of a senior pro on the pitch, but when you look at the way we've underachieved, and see this sort of stroppiness, it makes you wonder if he was ever fully committed to the Albion in the way you'd hope from one of your highest earners...

Utterly, utterly RIDICULOUS.

No player is 'fully committed' to the Albion. beyond their own security and career.

Clearly, his alledged behaviour on Friday / Saturday is hugely unproffessional if true, but only a fan who has seen very very few games over the last 2 seasons could possibly question NF's commitment. If they all gave what he does for the cause, we wouldn't have had to watch two years of utter turd.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Utterly, utterly RIDICULOUS.

No player is 'fully committed' to the Albion. beyond their own security and career.

Clearly, his alledged behaviour on Friday / Saturday is hugely unproffessional if true, but only a fan who has seen very very few games over the last 2 seasons could possibly question NF's commitment. If they all gave what he does for the cause, we wouldn't have had to watch two years of utter turd.
I'm not actually disputing his on-field committment though am I?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think Simster may have a point, but perhaps phrased it wrongly. Not questioning NFs contribution on the pitch, but maybe as a senior pro his views on how Albion should play etc clashed with his managers. We have previously heard of elements within the club. Perhaps he clashed with both Slade and Poyet. NF is certainly strong minded too.

I find this whole NF stunt, which it is totally unprofessional. Whether he handed it on the coach or not is in a way irrelevant. The fact that he has made a big song or dance about his contract, when he can now within rules sign for other clubs for next season, is just plain daft and upsets the whole team.

Of course he needs to look after himself, but there are 11 other players out of contact and you haven't seen this kind of behaviour.

No doubting NF as a player, but I do wonder if he is that good for the team. I suppose time will tell, cos I cant see NF playing again this seasn. What a total prat£

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
This is really tragic and dissappointing. I firmly believe Nicky has been commmitted to playign for this club and is one of the main reasons why we are in league 1. Having said that, Gus is being given licence to look to the future.... which is going to mean, eventually a life without an ageing player with injuries. Nicky has other things to think of, namely putting money in the bank for the family. Therefore the needs of the two parties collide. And the thing is, I support this club whatever happens, not individual players and I DO want a future for this club beyond Nicky Forster. For this reason I side with the club. I will miss Nicky and he should always be remembered for what he has done at this club but the truth is that, whatever Nicky goes on to do next season, there is no guarantee that Nicky will be able to play a major part next season. THAT is what a contact offer has to be based on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think Simster may have a point, but perhaps phrased it wrongly. Not questioning NFs contribution on the pitch, but maybe as a senior pro his views on how Albion should play etc clashed with his managers. We have previously heard of elements within the club. Perhaps he clashed with both Slade and Poyet. NF is certainly strong minded too.

I find this whole NF stunt, which it is totally unprofessional. Whether he handed it on the coach or not is in a way irrelevant. The fact that he has made a big song or dance about his contract, when he can now within rules sign for other clubs for next season, is just plain daft and upsets the whole team.

Of course he needs to look after himself, but there are 11 other players out of contact and you haven't seen this kind of behaviour.

No doubting NF as a player, but I do wonder if he is that good for the team. I suppose time will tell, cos I cant see NF playing again this seasn. What a total prat£

Nobody is defending him over this stunt - its bang out of order. Full commitment ON the pitch is what we pay players for. If anyone believes many of them truly 'love' the club, they're deluded.

Obviously there are responsibilities off the field, and no player has the right to be actively disruptive. If I was going to question the off-field 'commitment' of the squad though, I'd be looking at the piss-heads out on the town, long before my attention turned to Forster.

seagull 58

Aug 18, 2009
Having thought through this, i think NF is in the wrong. GP is the manager, and i think NF needs a reality check. If NF had kept his mouth shut and kept playing, there would be an out cry if a contract wasn't offered. If i was him i would only expect a 1 year deal at his age, anyway. NF has earned a very large sum from his football career, he has come over as a greedy man.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Meanwhile, Poyet refused to discuss whether Nicky Forster will be involved on Tuesday night. The Seagulls striker was omitted from the squad at the weekend after telling the media he had requested a transfer.

Poyet said, "The situation with Nicky hasn't changed since the weekend. There's nothing really for me to comment on, and like I said after the game, I don't want to talk about Nicky Forster."

Poyet is pissed off, and rightly so. get rid.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Having thought through this, i think NF is in the wrong. GP is the manager, and i think NF needs a reality check. If NF had kept his mouth shut and kept playing, there would be an out cry if a contract wasn't offered. If i was him i would only expect a 1 year deal at his age, anyway. NF has earned a very large sum from his football career, he has come over as a greedy man.

Your 5th post is utter dribble. Look forward to some sensible comments when you do your 6th..... :dunce:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I like Nicky Forster

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here