Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
And what division were we in when we signed that lot? And where were we playing?

Ok, maybe I didn't spell it out for the idiots, but I clearly meant clubs of our current/recent position.

F*ck it then, go the full hog and tie him up for 3 years then? :facepalm:

If he turns his knee badly again he'll be out of the game for good and we are stuck with an aged knacker.

As much as I like Forster I think he's burnt his bridges here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What annoys me big time is that we'll happily splash out on heaps of wages for the likes of El Abd and Elphick who have never and will never achieve anything at this club, while we debate the future of a guy who has given us so much in 3 years.

I think you need to reword this to "one of the very many things which annoys me big time...."

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
look:

50 odd goals in 3 years...countless assists, and running and running for the team.....enough said

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If he fucks his knee up and retires we get insurance/compensation. Just like with ANY other player who could "turn their knee" at ANY time - not sure what your point is with that.

I doubt that we'd get compo as soon as he does his knee, or any other part. He'd probably need to go through a rehab programme that could take several months - and all the while we'd be paying him. I'd still offer him a 1 year deal, with an option for the second based on games played.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I doubt that we'd get compo as soon as he does his knee, or any other part. He'd probably need to go through a rehab programme that could take several months - and all the while we'd be paying him. I'd still offer him a 1 year deal, with an option for the second based on games played.

I imagine the insurance for a 36 year old with dodgy knees is sky-high. Would the club actually insure him? Not all players are insured. That Bullard fella at Hull wasnt, on the same grounds as I've just suggested.

Some of you need to wake up, he is are top scorer, people are being incredibly stupid and naive. How long did it take us to get a player who can score goals like Fozzy? I remember a time when we were stuck with Revell,Savage,Gatting and Robinson as strikers. Bar Glenn Murray the others will not be good enough to gain us promotion.

How much does a player of Forster's goal scoring caliber cost? I would say anything above £800,000, and even if the money was available, it would be hard despite the stadium to attract them here with the fact we have been very poor since Wilkins left.

We can't just disregard Nicky, he get's us goals, without him we would be down in league two this season playing bloody Morecambe.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Some of you need to wake up, he is are top scorer, people are being incredibly stupid and naive. How long did it take us to get a player who can score goals like Fozzy? I remember a time when we were stuck with Revell,Savage,Gatting and Robinson as strikers. Bar Glenn Murray the others will not be good enough to gain us promotion.

How much does a player of Forster's goal scoring caliber cost? I would say anything above £800,000, and even if the money was available, it would be hard despite the stadium to attract them here with the fact we have been very poor since Wilkins left.

We can't just disregard Nicky, he get's us goals, without him we would be down in league two this season playing bloody Morecambe.

I don't think anyone is disregarding him. We all know how good a player he is or can be on his day. But that isn't the problem, it's what he is demanding and is it sensible / in the benefit of the club? We might have Messi here next week? :rolleyes:

Hopefully this coming week should give us more details... when he goes talking to the Argus and Poyet punches him :laugh:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Good player? absolutely.

But if the rumours are true that he handed in his request on the coach that is completely ridiculous and unforgivable for me, its clearly a case of 'me want contract or I throw my toys out the pram', we can do without that, we need harmony in the squad and Foz pulling tricks like this are not good at all, I also thought we looked a much more together team on Saturday.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Good player? absolutely.

But if the rumours are true that he handed in his request on the coach that is completely ridiculous and unforgivable for me, its clearly a case of 'me want contract or I throw my toys out the pram', we can do without that, we need harmony in the squad and Foz pulling tricks like this are not good at all, I also thought we looked a much more together team on Saturday.

Poyet's comments after the game about "those players here today care about this football club" gives me doubts over Forsters motives. But, until I know all the details I'll reserve judgement.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Good player? absolutely.

Agreed if treu unforgiveable - focus on the team coach going to a game has to be about the game. If he wasn't focused on teh game he should not be on the coach. If he was daft enough to hand in a transfer request on the way to teh game he will not play for us again.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He might be worth hanging on to. if only because we get his stepson to sign for us.
has the boy joined anyone yet?

I was wondering about that, but I think now that we have the lad here he will make his own decisions

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I don't think so, but I thought he was at the club and had been for a long while

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think you'll find the likes of Lawrenson, Horton et al joined us when we were in ...... div three or League one for our younger members

Forster is getting grief because he handed a transfer request in two days before one of the biggest game of the season .....

Horton joined us from Port Vale who were hardly a high flying club and Brighton were a good team then. They finished 4th that year (75/76) and promoted the next. Lawrenson joined from Preston when we had been promoted to what is now the championship. Not sure who eles you are referring to by the phrase 'et al'.

Point is we were a club already on the up which helped attract those players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here