Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster Saga - fans will vote with their feet

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A real shame but.........

Forster is out of order. All this got a family to support bollox, if he hasn't sorted that by now on the wages he's been on for a number of years, well then his very stupid. Secondly at his grand old age he should be f***ing happy he's got a contract at all. Greed from players will soon bring the downfall of a lot of clubs. Realism has to kick in sometime.

Oh by the way, I'm 43 you know and been going since I was 6. I'm a superfan+++++, so there!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I literally cannot fathom the point you are trying to make. My view is that age really doesn't matter (perhaps except when selecting sexual partners), but yours is obviously different, and you feel it is acceptable to talk down to anyone younger than yourself, as you have just done. Well done for that. Perhaps next time you can spell 'waded' correctly as well?

For what it's worth, I don't think the Forster situation will affect the gates. I do think it harms our chances of staying up though, and it has been handled badly by all concerned - particularly as the club still seem completely reluctant to acknowledge that something has happened.

A typo - you come back at me with a typo correction....? Good grief....moving on to the heart of the debate once more.....you obviously missed the originally patronising comment "upwards" then that sparked this secondary argument that you've dellighted in joining? And then added 2 + 2 and got 5. I didn't want to be rude, but really, just go and pick a fight about being young elsewhere. You've missed the ruddy point by a mile. As for your sexual partners, what a strange comment. I'm not getting involved, but good luck finding one if that helps? As for NF, I think you're wrong. I for one am tottering with tomorrow as a result, as are a few others I know. And it makes sense logically that along with all the other factors, a fair few fans might say dropping our top striker and most experienced player is countermount to yet another Withdean defeat. So attendances may well be down as a result. Nothing illogical about that.

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
:lolol:

Blimey... does it really matter if you've supported the club for 4 or 40 years? ???

A "mistreated", "unhappy", "disruptive" player... there's a shocker, never had one of them before!

How about the fans stick together for a change? Be you a 4 year or 40 year supporter! We wont go down if Forster leaves... but worse case we do... do you really think it will be the end of BHA? We've been in worse sh*t than this before!

Take a chill pill people and hope for a good game tomorrow! Even if the results aren't there, at least the football's getting better!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
A typo - you come back at me with a typo correction....? Good grief....moving on to the heart of the debate once more.....you obviously missed the originally patronising comment "upwards" then that sparked this secondary argument that you've dellighted in joining? And then added 2 + 2 and got 5. I didn't want to be rude, but really, just go and pick a fight about being young elsewhere. You've missed the ruddy point by a mile. As for your sexual partners, what a strange comment. I'm not getting involved, but good luck finding one if that helps? As for NF, I think you're wrong. I for one am tottering with tomorrow as a result, as are a few others I know. And it makes sense logically that along with all the other factors, a fair few fans might say dropping our top striker and most experienced player is countermount to yet another Withdean defeat. So attendances may well be down as a result. Nothing illogical about that.

You ARE London Irish right? Only LI would expend so many thousand words in a single thread in pursuit of the last word :lol:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Is it possible to be both pissed off at Forster, for letting his contract dispute get into the public, and the club, for letting our best and most important player be treated badly enough to want to speak out in public, whilst also wanting to go tomorrow night to support the team that are playing but hoping that the point is made that we want to see Forster in the Brighton team as soon as possible?

Or as I'm only 20 should I just sit here and be called a twat by the ones who are allowed to have an opinion because they were involved in the club a few years earlier (by the way, if I could go back in time and lend a hand don't think for a moment I wouldn't but to suggest that those who aren't old enough to remember the dark days are not entitled to disagree with the opinions of those who were is absurd)?

P.S. The worst thing is, if we lose Forster my slim hope of us staying up is all but eradicated.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
F*ck me, I missed all this!

For the record, we'll stay up with or without Forster. He hasn't had a good game in quite a while now, so we're certainly not relying on him at the moment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am at a loss to fully understand the attitudes on here. Yes Forster is our leading goalscorer and has been for the past couple of years. No he is not bigger than the club, thr club survived before him and will after him. He is reputed, on another thread, to be annoyed that a 'friend' of his who he confided in went running to SSN not him or his agent.

Do any of you seriously think that either GP or TB will allow us to get deeper into a relegation fight without doing something about it very soon. If NF doesnt figure and the other strikers that we have do not fill the bill they will bring somebody in on loan as it is of the utmost importance that we do not get relegated as that will mess up the plans.

As has been said many times GP probably isnt 100% sure himself about whether or not he will offer or rather would have offered NF a new contract.

I have the utmost confidence that this will be sorted one way or another and that we
will not suffer as a consequence

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Poyet isn't wrong, giving to your most senior players demands is a receipt for disaster, particularly in the manner in which Forster did it. Professional attitude my arse. He's paid to play football not dictate terms to the manager.

I find the knee jerk reactions quite frightening, the question that you lot need to ask yourselves is ...'who is more important for the club Poyet or Forster' and then ask yourselves why. Either Forster toes the line or he f**ks off, End of story. If Poyet gives in then his position is untenable and he should go. Finally, if Bloom is half as clever as we think he is then Poyet has his backing and that boys and girls is end of story.
It's a team game and this not the behaviour of a team player.

Word.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
QUOTE=Tom Hark, Preston Park;3343230]You ARE London Irish right? Only LI would expend so many thousand words in a single thread in pursuit of the last word :lol:[/QUOTE]

Says the 25,000 posts man?!!! Sure you've done that once or twice amongst that number, jesus, the irony man. The irony! :US:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Or as I'm only 20 should I just sit here and be called a twat by the ones who are allowed to have an opinion because they were involved in the club a few years earlier (by the way, if I could go back in time and lend a hand don't think for a moment I wouldn't but to suggest that those who aren't old enough to remember the dark days are not entitled to disagree with the opinions of those who were is absurd)?

P.S. The worst thing is, if we lose Forster my slim hope of us staying up is all but eradicated.

Ow for FFS, nobody ever said anything like that. This thread has to some extent been hijacked by a Mr 20 something who was rude and patronising and was taken to task for it. That was all. If you care to read the thread, which I wouldn't blame you for not doing. Now, BACK TO THE THREAD SUBJECT! I reckon we're a worse side without NF and it's going to damage attendances by virtue of the fact we're more likely to lose games.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I am going to stick up for the wizard and ninja...........leave them alone and if you have supported Albion for 25 years or 5 we are all still brothers in arms:albion2::albion2::albion1:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
spider; said:
Is it possible to be both pissed off at Forster, for letting his contract dispute get into the public, and the club, for letting our best and most important player be treated badly enough to want to speak out in public, whilst also wanting to go tomorrow night to support the team that are playing but hoping that the point is made that we want to see Forster in the Brighton team as soon as possible?

Totally agree, nobody comes out of this with much credit.

spider; said:

I think a few people aren't getting the whole age thing. I've quoted the offending comment that started the whole binfest. It's not that your opinion counts for less, as it happens I agree with what Ninja Elephant is saying. Just don't tell people that the've missed the point of supporting the club when they've been doing it for xx amount of years, I do beleive that kind of talk in real life would get you your arse kicked.

if the only reason you want to go and watch Brighton is Nicky Forster up front, then you've missed the point of supporting Brighton and Hove Albion.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If we are still in the shit then attendances will drop regardless of whether we have Forster in the side or not.

He wont be the deciding factor in people not going it'll be our league position. I do agree that with him out the side where arre our goals going to come from? Murray only scores away and Dickinson...well he isnt a striker - by that he doesnt have the same predatory instict as Murray or....Forster. He will ponce about on the half way line or the edge of the box instead of busting a gut to get into the penalty area...like Murray or.....Forster.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Tell that to the rest of the Falmer For All team kid, and I guarantee you'll get tarred and feathered for being such a young upstart and rightly so. You're only able to support the club and come on here and mouth off because of fans like me, who's support for this club you're not even fit to give a blowjob.

:facepalm:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ow for FFS, nobody ever said anything like that.

Portlock, I do remember vaguely somewhere you did seem to be suggesting we should all be thanking you for your efforts...

Although I'm younger than you, and apparently older = smarter.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
This is a rather ridiculous thread. Friom the opening post without much let up the whole way through.

Aged 22 and three quarters.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Reading back through, this was one hell of a thread. I chose certain phrases very unwisely, and I'm man enough to admit that. My only point was that our club isn't about one player, no matter how good he has been for us, the club goes on after he's gone. We once had a chap called Zamora, losing him was a shame but along came Leon Knight. He flounced. :lolol: And now they're both history. In a couple of years, Forster will be history aswell. Unfortunately, this saga won't ever be forgotten, which is a shame because it's a blight on his time with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here