Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster Saga - fans will vote with their feet

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Top read there folks! :clap:

Mind you, if ever there was a need for a poll..

:whistle:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
This is a rather ridiculous thread. Friom the opening post without much let up the whole way through.

Aged 22 and three quarters.

What's ridiculous about saying without NF>our team is weaker>increased chance of losing>could hit attendances? Or do you not think there's a relationship between results and fans attendances? If you want to concentrate instead on the sub-thread tangent between the Lion King and I that's your prerogative.

I dare say there have been worse threads on NSC - I mean, your contribution to the thread is hardly Obama-esque is it? So there's possibly a few you've started out there that are a little, well, shit, in the opinion of others like myself?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Top read there folks! :clap:

Mind you, if ever there was a need for a poll..

:whistle:

If you are older than someone, you are automatically wiser/more entitled/can put them down, purely based on age?

Yes or No?

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If you are older than someone, you are automatically wiser/more entitled/can put them down, purely based on age?

Yes or No?

Not sure what you're getting at tbh. Could you explain please?

Edit: Sorry Mr M, I geddit now! I'm getting a tad senile in my old age, you see. :wink:

ps I was actually thinking more along the lines of Will you vote with your feet & stop going to Albion games unless NF is given a contract? That said, I think your suggestion would work perfectly well as an alternative (as well as prob's being a damned-sight more entertaining). :thumbsup:

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

Yes or No?

Bugger off and get your own thread if you want to do that. This thread concerns the damaging financial impact that the absence of NF, by the club's choice, is going to have on our beloved club. Nothing else from here on as the apology is excepted from NE - he's definately a top bloke for being man enough to issue one. :thumbsup: And one goes back the other way for any late night hostilities from Fortess Portlock.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anyone who thinks their opinion carries more weight (outside of this thread, BensGrandad is a prime exponent of the "I'm older, therefore I automatically know best" approach) because they're older or have been doing something longer than other contributors to a thread is nothing more than a self-important twat, simple as that.

All generations and all ages are equally capable of making valid points and equally capable of spouting rubbish, so to dismiss what someone writes purely on the basis of them being younger than you is pure condescension and arrogance.

It seems to be quite prevalent on NSC where, whenever we're going through a 'binfest' phase, there are those who are all too quick to place all the blame on 'the kids' as if 'the adults' are all beacons of sense and maturity around here...

I'm 26, by the way, if anyone chooses to believe that my age affects the value they place on any/all of the above points.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Anyone who thinks their opinion carries more weight (outside of this thread, BensGrandad is a prime exponent of the "I'm older, therefore I automatically know best" approach) because they're older or have been doing something longer than other contributors to a thread is nothing more than a self-important twat, simple as that.

All generations and all ages are equally capable of making valid points and equally capable of spouting rubbish, so to dismiss what someone writes purely on the basis of them being younger than you is pure condescension and arrogance.

It seems to be quite prevalent on NSC where, whenever we're going through a 'binfest' phase, there are those who are all too quick to place all the blame on 'the kids' as if 'the adults' are all beacons of sense and maturity around here...

I'm 26, by the way, if anyone chooses to believe that my age affects the value they place on any/all of the above points.

What a load of old rubbish! :lol:

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Your age doesn't count for a hill o' beans with me hon. I always take everything you say to me with a large pinch of salt. :wink:

ps Only joshing ya! Btw, you poppin' in The Tap early-doors this evening? If so, see you there. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bugger off and get your own thread if you want to do that. This thread concerns the damaging financial impact that the absence of NF, by the club's choice, is going to have on our beloved club. Nothing else from here on as the apology is excepted from NE - he's definately a top bloke for being man enough to issue one. :thumbsup: And one goes back the other way for any late night hostilities from Fortess Portlock.

Sorry mate but you started all of this "age-ist" nonsense with sly digs at The Wizard and Ninja Elephant, so don't be surprised to see some crap coming your way because of it. I'm not looking to carry anything on so let's leave it there.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
What's ridiculous about saying without NF>our team is weaker>increased chance of losing>could hit attendances? Or do you not think there's a relationship between results and fans attendances? If you want to concentrate instead on the sub-thread tangent between the Lion King and I that's your prerogative.

I dare say there have been worse threads on NSC - I mean, your contribution to the thread is hardly Obama-esque is it? So there's possibly a few you've started out there that are a little, well, shit, in the opinion of others like myself?

I'd say whats ridiculous about the first post is :-
"Ken Brown, you're an utter enigma. Just go please. Go. Disgrace. Just make sure you point out you've left on your way out because people might not notice any difference. And Gus, you've hardly passed your first serious man-mgt situation with flying colours. SORT IT OUT because believe me, fans such as I have had enough and will vote with our feet."

Poyet and to a much lesser extent (if any) Brown have made a decision on when to offer contracts for the good of the CLUB, which is obviously the important thing here. Spouting a load of hyperbole about people resigning/getting the sack because Forster is apparently more important for you then squad harmony/discipline is also ridiculous. Poyet has come out of this with a lot more respect with me after this whole situation. He’s had the balls to drop our top scorer because NF has thrown his toys out of the pram and stamped his feet to get his own way. Good. Would you prefer he just put him in the squad regardless? What does that show the rest of the team? If we start losing games because of it you may well have a point about people voting with their, but we haven’t, and there is nothing to say that Dickinson/Holroyd may take their chance with Forster not in the side.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
What a f***ing load of old shit.

I HATE all this 'i'm better than you' bollocks because it is exactly that - BOLLOCKS.

It's almost as if people have more or less right to comment about what's going on at the club based on their length of support, which is also bollocks.

Ninja Elepahant, NF9, TCB and WW etc etc etc have just as much right to express their opinion and because it tends to be a little bit more forthright and aggressive, they in turn must expect a bit of grief. I don't like the way they say it but respect them for caring enough to post it.

On the Forster issue, I doubt if ANYONE on here actually KNOWS EXACTLY what went on so to call the people involved twats or wankers is a bit stupid IMO. The FACT is that we all support the CLUB and will continue to do irrespective of who takes the field.

Personally, I think refusing to go because you think an influential player has been badly treated is plain stupid, unless you WERE party to EXACTLY what went on.

paulclark

Sep 7, 2008
Sorry but you don't hand out two year contracts to a 35 going on 36 year old with a dodgy knee.

Tell me how you reason with someone who chucks a transfer request in when all its going to achieve is bitterness and strife. Professional my arse.

1 he wanted a 1 year contract
2 the transfer list was agreed between 2 people brighton didnt want it public but then how can you go on loan if no one knows your avaliable

when the true facts are known it goes slightly the other way

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

I'm 26, by the way, if anyone chooses to believe that my age affects the value they place on any/all of the above points.[/QUOTE

Well, you're a 26 year old that needs to start again at the beginning of the thread and spot where you've completely gone off AND GOT THE WRONG END OF THE F****** STICK. Christs, read before you rant.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

I HATE all this 'i'm better than you' bollocks because it is exactly that - BOLLOCKS.

It's almost as if people have more or less right to comment about what's going on at the club based on their length of support, which is also bollocks.

Ninja Elepahant, NF9, TCB and WW etc etc etc have just as much right to express their opinion and because it tends to be a little bit more forthright and aggressive, they in turn must expect a bit of grief. I don't like the way they say it but respect them for caring enough to post it.

On the Forster issue, I doubt if ANYONE on here actually KNOWS EXACTLY what went on so to call the people involved twats or wankers is a bit stupid IMO. The FACT is that we all support the CLUB and will continue to do irrespective of who takes the field.

Personally, I think refusing to go because you think an influential player has been badly treated is plain stupid, unless you WERE party to EXACTLY what went on.

Start again at the beginning of the thread and spot where you've completely gone off AND GOT THE WRONG END OF THE F****** STICK. Christs, read before you rant.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Well, you're a 26 year old that needs to start again at the beginning of the thread and spot where you've completely gone off AND GOT THE WRONG END OF THE F****** STICK. Christs, read before you rant.

I did read it, and saw you attempting to claim that your opinion was more valid than that of NE and others because you are older and have supported the Albion for longer.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I'd say whats ridiculous about the first post is :-
"Ken Brown, you're an utter enigma. Just go please. Go. Disgrace. Just make sure you point out you've left on your way out because people might not notice any difference. And Gus, you've hardly passed your first serious man-mgt situation with flying colours. SORT IT OUT because believe me, fans such as I have had enough and will vote with our feet."

Poyet and to a much lesser extent (if any) Brown have made a decision on when to offer contracts for the good of the CLUB, which is obviously the important thing here. Spouting a load of hyperbole about people resigning/getting the sack because Forster is apparently more important for you then squad harmony/discipline is also ridiculous. Poyet has come out of this with a lot more respect with me after this whole situation. He’s had the balls to drop our top scorer because NF has thrown his toys out of the pram and stamped his feet to get his own way. Good. Would you prefer he just put him in the squad regardless? What does that show the rest of the team? If we start losing games because of it you may well have a point about people voting with their, but we haven’t, and there is nothing to say that Dickinson/Holroyd may take their chance with Forster not in the side.

Brown has a history of ineffectiveness, not just when it comes to contracts (remember villa-gate?) and hardly any relationship with fans. Many question his position - I certainly think his customer relationship mgt has been extremely poor to date. As for NF, as I've said several times, they're all to blame inc Nicky - but the thing they should bloody well do is sort it out FAST by hook or by crook. He's our best player. At we're in the relegation spot, sleep-walking to league 2 if we're not careful.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I did read it, and saw you attempting to claim that your opinion was more valid than that of NE and others because you are older and have supported the Albion for longer.

Then no YOU F***ing didn't. Because the rant I had at NE was because I didn't like being told I'd missed the point of supporting BHA when I know he's a kid by comparison to the years I've supported them. Ironically, he's since even apologised for his wording 6 pages latter. And he's a man for doing that. The fight's over in that respect - and still idiots like you are jumping in and having a pop when basically it's not my fault you missed the right turning early on - preferring to go straight to binfest over something completely different. Now, will you be man-enough like NE to apologise. Or are you so pig-headed that when you misunderstand something, you're not adult enough to withdraw it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here