Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster - past it?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
A pretty good all round performance from the boys in light blue this afternoon, with one exception:

nikcy_forster.jpg

Ineffective against a mediocre Worthing defence - he didn't cause any problems, didn't beat his man once, and spent the whole game whining at the referee. Even slow Joe and Dixon contributed more when they came on, and they were hopeless.

At approaching 36, perhaps his legs have now gone? I very much doubt he'll be the same player as last season, and certainly not on that performance. :down:

Thank god for Murray! :bowdown:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
f***ing hell are you just being contentious? I thought he ran around like a 20 year old, didn't have the best of games but you are now suggesting he's over the hill based on 45 minutes of the second friendly of pre-season:thud:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Didn't think he did too badly - besides MA said he didn't want players going full pelt anyhoo...

That said, Gatts did miss far too many bankers

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
yeah, hes getting on a bit, but i hope he does well this season...
i feel hes still got SOME gas left in the tank. :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes let's destroy his confidence during pre-season FFS

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
It is way too early to say. I think that his partnership with Murray is the most important thing to keep this season as last season it was one of the best partnerships in the league.

We need Robinson and Dixon to improve so as to keep pushing him and making him earn his place instead of it being a certainty...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Second game and they have been back for a week or two. I would not have expected him to run himself into the ground. That is not the point of friendlies. It is about getting sharp and a feel for the ball again.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Withdean Wanderer, possibly the most ignorant and stupid poster on this board. Makes HB&B look quite shy with his continuous and ridiculous attention seeking posts.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
A pretty good all round performance from the boys in light blue this afternoon, with one exception:

nikcy_forster.jpg

Ineffective against a mediocre Worthing defence - he didn't cause any problems, didn't beat his man once, and spent the whole game whining at the referee. Even slow Joe and Dixon contributed more when they came on, and they were hopeless.

At approaching 36, perhaps his legs have now gone? I very much doubt he'll be the same player as last season, and certainly not on that performance. :down:

Thank god for Murray! :bowdown:

what a wally:D You have taken over clown of the board from Aids

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
as I was going to say but people have said it already, a 35 year old who has had 6 weeks of no training will take longer to get back to full fitness than a 20 year old, thats probably one of the reasons they come back so long before the start of the season. We are not going to get 5 more years out of him, infact maybe even looking at him running out at Falmer could be pushing it depending on where we are league wise at that point, but as a league one player he has at least 2 maybe 3 years left in him and lets face it, we hardly have the cash or the players queing up to sign as a striker for us. a 20 goal a season man at this level will still be at least 500k unless we have a youth team player that everyone has missed or we find another BZ which is unlikely

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Another pointless thread.

greengoeskiwi

May 7, 2008
one word.....no

but johnny dixon dodnt look so good today, which is a bit of a shame i think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here