Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster off to Charlton

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Forster WAS good, DID score goals, but lets look forward instead of backwards, as some on this board would give a contract to Forster, Hart, Kuipers... and probably Peter Ward, based on what they've done in the past, not what they are likely to do in the future.

You forgot Kerry Mayo!

But, yes, you are correct. We should be looking forward not backwards.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
How old is he now?

We are building for the future.

Thanks for the goals now f*** off you scummer. :wave:

Feb 2, 2009
Lol...some really funny posts.

One never knows ..but one can guess..u never know he might come back...doubtful..but who knows...we do know though that there are quite a few bods who's contracts r up at the end of the season...and Poyet will get the chance to mould his own team..or as some might say continue to mould his own team..one things for sure he always gives me the impression of knowing his stuff..and isent tht half the battle?

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
well, I think this is one move that were gonna regret. Nicky will score and score big at Charlton with good delivery. I do trust Gus, he's doing a lot of good - the team are better, playing better, great to watch, going up the table so we'll see...

Good luck Nicky...did a lot of good for us and will be remembered!

But letting a player go and he's our top scorer, could be Poyet's first mistake...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Will do if it leaves us with 2 defeats 1 - 0 and then he goes on to score 15 + goals for his new club.

I'm not sure sure where you are coming from! The only way Forster will affect us next season is if we are in a relegation game or promotion battle and it's his goal/s that send us down or stop us going up. Both scenarios (with Forster involved) probably thousands to one against!

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
I`d like to thank Forster for his past efforts, I think most fans would, but he has for me definitely shown signs of being pass the sell-by date recently, he will definitely score the odd goal for Charlton which will probably get the dickheads screaming at Gus but lets face it how much longer will he be playing, 1 yr maybe 2 absolute tops, so he was gonna go sooner or later after blotting his copybook with the arsgasgate affair. What stupidity hes shown at the end and a great shame but its the right decision however he gets on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm not sure sure where you are coming from! The only way Forster will affect us next season is if we are in a relegation game or promotion battle and it's his goal/s that send us down or stop us going up. Both scenarios (with Forster involved) probably thousands to one against!

Either scenario is highy possible but I am sure that Gus has somebody lined up to take his place. I think that it is a good move by Gus to let him go but there are many that dont and wont if he does score a number of goals next season for a Div 1 team.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Either scenario is highy possible but I am sure that Gus has somebody lined up to take his place. I think that it is a good move by Gus to let him go but there are many that dont and wont if he does score a number of goals next season for a Div 1 team.

No it's not highly possible at all! But anyway let's see! I think we will be spending serious money in the close season and Nicky Forster may be a distant memory :lol:

ps..he may even still be here, it's only a loan!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Thanks Nicky.
But some classic over reaction here.
Remember, Gus Poyet is our manager, Yes THE Gus Poyet!
Don't you trust him?

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
As always never a dull moment supporting the Albion. Sad to see Forster go before the end of the season. I'll say one thing for Gus, he must have balls the size of an elephant if he is sure we can make the rest of the season without our best striker!!

Thanks for the memories Nicky :clap:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One thing that hasnt been mentioned is who do Charlton still have to play possibly some games that may have an influence over our final position in the division.

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Charlton have an awful run in.

Still have to play.
Hudders
Saints
Dons
Leeds
Norwich
Colchester

:eek:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Saturday, 27 March 2010

Huddersfield v Charlton, 15:00

Friday, 2 April 2010

MK Dons v Charlton, 15:00

Monday, 5 April 2010

Charlton v Carlisle, 15:00

Saturday, 10 April 2010

Southampton v Charlton, 15:00

Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Charlton v Colchester, 19:45

Saturday, 17 April 2010

Charlton v Norwich, 15:00

Saturday, 24 April 2010

Exeter v Charlton, 15:00

Saturday, 1 May 2010

Charlton v Leeds United, 15:00

Saturday, 8 May 2010

Oldham v Charlton, 15:00

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Maybe Gus has heard that Virgo played upfront for us all those years back.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Some people really need to get some perspective on this judging by the outpouring of emotion towards Nicky. He is and always has been a journeyman footballer. A very good journeyman but one all the same. He was made club captain and yet still put his ego before that of the club by thinking he could force their hand over contract negotiations by going public. Whatever his reasons for doing that, temporary insanity included, it put us in a very difficult situation at a very difficult time. If you respect your employer and colleagues you don't do that. This season he has been far from his best, a few golden moments aside. He has been constantly caught offside, has missed some absolute sitters and seems to have got right up the noses of at least a few of the other players. We were lucky to get some good years out of him and I won't forget that but for f***'s sake, the Messiah he certainly wasn't.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
No it's not highly possible at all! But anyway let's see! I think we will be spending serious money in the close season and Nicky Forster may be a distant memory :lol:

ps..he may even still be here, it's only a loan!

Don't you go thinking we'll be getting a Billy Sharpe-type in the close season. He's a million pound player, you know. And then there's his wages! :fishing:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here