Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster off to Charlton

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
After what happened he was going to leave at the end of the season anyway. He fell out with the manager and there's only one winner in that situation.

People are talking as if he's moved on for football reasons. If he hadn't gone to the press I'm sure he'd still be banging in the goals for us.

As it is, we haven't done too badly without him over the last couple of months.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
This doesn't matter. Another player who thinks they are better than their club. He was good whilst he was here. Now he's gone, life goes on

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
What are you worried about. We have 44 points and need somewhere between 50 and 54 - with nine games left.

For a change, we have the chance to experiment with potential young players and others like Hendrie. We all know there will be many leaving at the season end and do not who is on Gus' target list. This must include a proven goalscorer. Billy Sharpe is available for £1.5M and is possibly within our target price range. Would combine well with Glenn.

Good luck Nicky!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
So what are the chances of Forster firing the goals to see Charlton into 2nd place above Leeds, Leeds firing Grayson, then Leeds poaching Gus Poyet?

I really wouldn't be a happy bunny if we lost Forster AND Poyet. Not happy at all.

Wasnt the first thing to spring to mind Gus going to Leeds as a result of this move i must admit :lolol:
There is always the possibility that Nicky's heart wasnt in it any more and didnt really want to play for us since his fall out with Gus so a move for him is best all round.........it may not have been Gus who was totally responsible for him moving. Anyway we not done too bad without him.......thanks for what you did Nicky but time for us to move on. In Gus we trust

As it stands right now I think the club want a relegation scrap!
Murray is our only forward likely to score which puts an awful amount of pressure on him.
Cannot understand why we didn't let Forster go until after an equal or better replacement is found.

Really disappointed that we couldn't say goodbye to our best player over the last few years

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Last home game showed we still need him. :down:

Did it, if anyone else had put that chance 20 yards over the bar they would have slated them and he only scored with the penalty because he snatched the ball off Murray who was not amused. Suggest he was'nt the flavour of the month with Poyet and some of the players. Let's move on and get behind Gus and new recruits he brings in. Already one quote has said that Ashley Barnes is shit. Why some people post on here I don't know.:nono:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Up to the Sky contract debacle I'd always had great respect for Forster. He lost that for me with that nonsense and showed that as much as a professional as he may be he was still willing, as club captain, to destabilise the club on the eve of a very important match when we were still right in the shit. Those still banging on about how badly he's been treated need to remember that. Gus was good to his word and gave him a route back but it was obvious that he would hold some mistrust afterwards and not see him as part of the plan. So yes, thanks for the goals and effort Nicky, but you blew it here when you could have had along term future with the club - playing another year and then maybe going on the coaching staff. I couldn't give a toss whether you do well or not anywhere else 'cos you don't play for Brighton anymore....simples.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Missing a sitter and scoring a simple penalty? Yeah what an awesome performance

Forster turned the game, it looked like Brentford would get an equaliser. Did more in 10 mins than Holyroyd did in previous 2 appearances.

Shame Poyet couldn't fogive, a f***ing good player is lost .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I suppose it boils down to how we do without Forster, and how he does at Charlton. If we continue winning he'll soon be forgotten, If we don't and he's scoring goals for Charlton, there is going to be some seriously pissed off Brighton fans. This could quite easily come back and bite Gus on the arse.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I guess we will be getting a decent striker in during the close season. Murray plus a proven, younger 20 plus goal man.

Forster was on a fair whack too I would think.

Thanks for the goals Nicky. Shame you threw your toys out, there was only ever going to be one winner in that dispute.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
thanks for everything Nicky, you've been our standout player in the last few seasons, during most of which the rest of the team has been shit.

That said, Im backing Gus to the hilt - the man walks on water, and there are clearly issues with wages/ contracts/ next season that we on here will never know about. The last six or seven games of this season will be a rare chance for GP to experiment, and he's gonna be doing it with what looks like a combo of FLAIR, experience and youth.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Forster turned the game, it looked like Brentford would get an equaliser. Did more in 10 mins than Holyroyd did in previous 2 appearances.

Shame Poyet couldn't fogive, a f***ing good player is lost .

That is true but if Gus has no intention of giving him a new contract why not let him go out on loan. The problem will be if he goes to a Div 1 side next year and scores against us, as invariably he has in the past.

Lets hope that Gus has a goalscorer in his sights for next season and will not be relying on inexperienced recent non league players.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Up to the Sky contract debacle I'd always had great respect for Forster. He lost that for me with that nonsense and showed that as much as a professional as he may be he was still willing, as club captain, to destabilise the club on the eve of a very important match when we were still right in the shit. Those still banging on about how badly he's been treated need to remember that. Gus was good to his word and gave him a route back but it was obvious that he would hold some mistrust afterwards and not see him as part of the plan. So yes, thanks for the goals and effort Nicky, but you blew it here when you could have had along term future with the club - playing another year and then maybe going on the coaching staff. I couldn't give a toss whether you do well or not anywhere else 'cos you don't play for Brighton anymore....simples.
Spot On.

A good move IMO. We've on the best run we've had for ages, WITHOUT Forster. His contract runs out at the end of June, we've got just over one month of the season left, so let someone else pay up on of the highest paid contracts at the club.

If he was starting every week, it'll be a different story, but he's not, and since his attempt of a game of bluff with Gus, we've been getting results without him, so who cares if he leaves. Good ridence really. Better off without someone who is going to put the morale of the team after his own disputes.

If Murray gets injured we just call one of the loaness back.

Forster WAS good, DID score goals, but lets look forward instead of backwards, as some on this board would give a contract to Forster, Hart, Kuipers... and probably Peter Ward, based on what they've done in the past, not what they are likely to do in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here