Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster MoM

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thomson for me, thought he was class today.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Thought are backbone was very strong today, and anyone from Murray, Forster Thomson or Elphick could have had it. The above order is what I'd have gone for.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Imagine how many goals Murray and Forster would have scored today had they had four league-class midfielders behind them instead of just Thomson!
Thats a bit unkind on El Abd. I thought he was excellent today, best game I've seen him have this season.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He wasn't up against anything though. Sure, he didn't do anything wrong, and I feel sorry for him being played out of position. But, against any team with a proper midfield, El Abd's not going to be good enough. Even today, whilst not embarrassing himself, he didn't really offer anything apart from the odd tackle. Thomson's got the defensive role sewn up now, so we need a playmaker in there. Someone in the O'Callaghan mould, and nothing like El Abd.

out of position? He looked a natural today in the middle. Good on you Adam.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
the difference bewtween the two sides was Forster and Murray. Crewe looked shot shy and lacking in confidence despite getting plenty of half chances. Forster and Murray always looked dangerous.

Agree about El Abd and Thompson. Both played really well,

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
out of position? He looked a natural today in the middle. Good on you Adam.

as others have said - it is only crewe. if thomson is going to be the more defensive of the midfield players, then im not sure what el abds role in the midfield will be

personally, i think he has done very well at the back this season. obviously as i wasnt there today, i dont know what crewe had up front, but my one concern about next week would be having butters at centre back against the pace and trickery of gillespie as he has been on fire in recent weeks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here