Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forster at Brentford

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Ninja, he has never played for Swindon before.

Mr Wanderer - How is the cricket season going? I don't think he should still be here, if Poyet decided he shouldn't. Granted, he might score goals for us, but what about the apparent side issues?

Hiya mate, season has been pretty good thanks, lots of new faces which is good.

If memory serves me right, it was his agent that cocked things up. If you look at the goals Forster scored in the first half of the season, and his general fitness levels, I personally would have wanted him for at least one more year.

I accept that Poyet had to make a stand, and I back our fledgling manager, but things could have been different!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm convinced letting Nicky go is the biggest f*** up Poyet will make during his tenure with us. We wont get better than him this season, Fact.

I can't believe people still come out with guff like this. It's well known he was too big for his boots and not at all well liked in the dressing room.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
I can't believe people still come out with guff like this. It's well known he was too big for his boots and not at all well liked in the dressing room.

Still got us the goals, made the fans happy, didn't fall out with any players and put in 110%.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm convinced letting Nicky go is the biggest f*** up Poyet will make during his tenure with us. We wont get better than him this season, Fact.

Agree with AD on most stuff, but not this one. We've obviously done all this before, but Forster publicly held a gun to Poyet's head, and so he had to cut him loose. The long-term damage to his credibility and the team would have been far greater if he had backed down than from losing one player, however good that player was. Gus should never have been put in that ultimatum situation, once he was, only going to be one response from a proper manager.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Were you in the dressing room then?

It gets on my tits when people make assumptions like this.

No, I wasn't, but I've heard it from the mouths of a couple of players (I forget who), it was well known that he didn't get on with Glenn Murray (who must be seen as our main striker) and that he was up his own arse. Don't get me wrong, I liked the bloke, but to call it an assumption is ridiculous. It's no more wild assumption than one that the sun will set this evening.

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

In which case at some point in the future he will post something on here about how he was just misunderstood and not at all a big head and 80% of the posters on here will rush over to lick his arse.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Was you in the dressing room then?

It gets on my tits when people make assumptions like this.

Granted much that has been said is anecdotal, however taking what was in the media and the under whelming support from his fellow players would indicate that the assumption is perfectly valid.

Great footballer - but a bit of an arse and when you're in the twilight years of your career, being an arse isn't the right approach! Made himself look a bit of a cock.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
and so it begins, old player scores a goal, woop

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Chatting with a chap from the club at the Eastbourne friendly he was saying that Forsters knee is in bits, which is the main reason he wasn't offered a contract.

paulclark

Sep 7, 2008
No, I wasn't, but I've heard it from the mouths of a couple of players (I forget who), it was well known that he didn't get on with Glenn Murray (who must be seen as our main striker) and that he was up his own arse. Don't get me wrong, I liked the bloke, but to call it an assumption is ridiculous. It's no more wild assumption than one that the sun will set this evening.

not true

and is the Glen Murray we tried to offload to Charlton fact

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here