Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forgotten Beers

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Tartan bitter................. Scottish and Newcastle I think.

and Long life in cans

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
i remember they had a big promotion on Oranjeboom and it was sold in "coasters" (remember that place) ,i dont see it very often now

its a larger not a tune, did sell it in the caxton about 1yr ago.

coasters......what a club, used to go there when i was 15 with my free entry voucher from the argus, pleats, old spice and snake bite.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
tennants extra (not super). It got me through my sixth form, which was mainly spent in The Nevill. Halcyon days!

Ah the Neville, all the teachers from Blatch used to drink there. I still drink there now, sometimes.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ah, Coasters, was the DJs name Rory? He was a flaming nutter, great fune, loved his video diaries (if you can cal them that)

Now then, back to the thread, I thought it said "Wonderful beers", so far mentions of Watneys, DD and Orangeboom harldy cojour up memories of a fine pint. For me I lament the passing of "Sussex County Bitter" laterly known as "Strongs Country" and now reborn again as Strongs Country, not as good as it was though.

And finally, and this pains me to type the word, but I loved Pompey Royal. Sorry for using that word on here** but Pompey Royal was a first class pint, Whitbread bought it back 10 years ago or so, and it was still good, such a shame.

** all you plastic Man U haters take note, we hate Palace, then we hate Pompey, end of.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
King & Barnes
Gales HSB
Colt 45
Watneys Special Bitter
Watneys Red
Brickwoods
Baby Toby (Barley Wine)
Fremlins
Toly Cobold

:p

Beards best bitter ... in the days when there was only ONE Harveys pub in Lewes (The Swan at Southover) and the Harveys available elsewhere in the town had to be disguised as the product of a brewery that had, in fact, closed many years earlier..

Unless I'm much mistaken - and I probably am - I thought it was available at the Northern in Ditchling Road. And at the Font & Firkin about 15 years ago.

:shrug:

If it's the stuff I'm thinking of, it's LETHAL.
I'm going back much earlier than 15 years ago - late sixties/early seventies.

Even in those days, there was certainly something lethal on sale in the Northern. I remember a group of us being BANNED from there in 1970 after an over-enthusiastic celebration of a mate's 21st birthday. I take these punishments seriously and haven't set foot in the place since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here