Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forget the playoffs now

Absolutely. I will forgive an albion team anything if they put their bodies on the line, and show they're desperate to win the match from the start. This team isn't desperate to win matches though. We've got bottlers, we've got players who aren't good enough, and we've got players who, at the end of the day, just don't give a toss. If they really cared, they'd have thrown the kitchen sink at PV today, regardless of how poorly we were playing, but we just stood back and watched the worst team in the league play around us.

Facts, and word.

Plus we missed el-Abd. A lot.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
First home defeat in the league in 2008, and predictably its toys-out-the-pram time.

:rolleyes:

Yes we were piss-poor. It happens. We're a 3rd division team on the fringe of the Playoffs. We havn't got the consistency to be any more than that, and I wasn't expecting anything better than mid-table this season. The fact we're still in the hunt for a top 6 place with 5 games to go is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Bad performance, bad result, but christ get a grip. We've made EXCELLENT progress this season under Wilkins overall, and if we don't quite make it into the Playoffs this year, only an IDIOT would be calling for sackings.

One of the few sensible, realistic posts on here tonight. But the hysterical, incredibly childish reactions to a poor performance are SO predictable.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
First home defeat in the league in 2008, and predictably its toys-out-the-pram time.

:rolleyes:

Yes we were piss-poor. It happens. We're a 3rd division team on the fringe of the Playoffs. We havn't got the consistency to be any more than that, and I wasn't expecting anything better than mid-table this season. The fact we're still in the hunt for a top 6 place with 5 games to go is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Bad performance, bad result, but christ get a grip. We've made EXCELLENT progress this season under Wilkins overall, and if we don't quite make it into the Playoffs this year, only an IDIOT would be calling for sackings.

Nobody's calling for sackings. But it negates the hard fought points against Forest and Leeds when we piss three points up the wall against the BOTTOM team. OK, they're scrapping for their futures, but you'd like to think we should be beating teams lke Port Vale. It's a shit league, but surely not THAT shit.

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
We won't make the Play-Offs Now!

not this year mate, and i very much doubt next year either unless we bring in a few players. Centre midfielder is crucial or try keep westlake, play him centre mid and get a quality winger in.

The team has about 4/5 players who could play at championship level at the moment. cox, lynch, elphick, forster, who else??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here