Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

foreign music

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
anyone recommend any good music from abroad at the moment.
outside of the uk and usa

maybe you've just come back from holiday and a track thats been playing in the clubs has been good?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
how about Zorba the greek :p :lolol:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
tit!

when u back to oz???

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
moggy said:
tit!

when u back to oz???

If I had it my way it would be tomorrow mate. And I would take your fags with me :salute:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
bha.fatboy said:
If I had it my way it would be tomorrow mate. And I would take your fags with me :salute:

fags???

you aint bought a load of aussie-gays back with you?

:lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Bought a CD in Belgium a couple of years back, it is called top secret by a bloke called Marc Moulin, it is a mix of laid back ambient jazz with a couple of almost dance tracks. It rates as one of my favourite CD's, definitely one I would grab on the way out if the house was on fire.

into middle eastern music, especially rai....but that can cover anything from a kylie to fat boy slim equivalents but with added political lyrics???
LC

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Depends what you're looking for; rai music (north African, not middle east) is great stuff. Try Khaled's Ya Rayi (or indeed anything by him). Or try Cheb Mami or Rachid Taha.

If you want something a bit different try Cheb i Sabbah's Asian chillout mixes - traditional Indian music remixed.

There's plenty of good African stuff around too: Mory Kante's Sabou and Youssou N'Dour's Egypt are both good stuff. Slightly older but Tinariwen's Amassakou is amazing stuff.

My tip for the next hip place is Uzbekistan: try Sevara Nazarkhan's Yol Bolsin - haunting stuff. Yuluz Usmanova is also worth a listen too.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Gwylan said:
Depends what you're looking for; rai music (north African, not middle east) is great stuff. Try Khaled's Ya Rayi (or indeed anything by him). Or try Cheb Mami or Rachid Taha.

If you want something a bit different try Cheb i Sabbah's Asian chillout mixes - traditional Indian music remixed.

There's plenty of good African stuff around too: Mory Kante's Sabou and Youssou N'Dour's Egypt are both good stuff. Slightly older but Tinariwen's Amassakou is amazing stuff.

My tip for the next hip place is Uzbekistan: try Sevara Nazarkhan's Yol Bolsin - haunting stuff. Yuluz Usmanova is also worth a listen too.

tried some of that, very interesting styles.
gotta get a ruby now :cool:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
French hip-hop is amazing
MC Solaar has a new album out soon

The Gotan Project and Cuban stuff like Ibraham Ferrera and Buena Vista Social Club and well good if you like more chilled out stuff

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ousidet of the UK and USA ? How about the Hives ?

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
The Mars Volta, various South American countries !!

Gwylan said:

I 've got most of this but will try the asian chill out

LC:cool:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Noir desir from france did a great album about three years ago called Des Visages Des Figures. Won't be releasing much in the near future, the singer is in a Lithuanian (I think it's there) prison for manslaughter.

Kind of rocky with more than a bit of Radiohead about it.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
keaton said:
French hip-hop is amazing
MC Solaar has a new album out soon

Bit of a generalisation, especially when you name Mr pop-rap francais himself, Solaar.

If you want decent French hip-hop, check out TTC's new album Batards Sensibles. Now that is some good stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here