Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those who went, who stood out at Burgess Hill today? (and who disappointed)

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Who is the the trialist at right back that everyone is raving about today? Not heard a name mentioned.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Of course it was a bit of a laugh, not much more than getting fitness back up towards scratch, but I didn't think there was anything much to be concerned about as indeed a previous poster has stated.

We were not sorely tried at the back , as expected, but, with the introduction of serious reinforcements at full back and centre back, we wont have too much to worry about for the coming season because we already have genuine and exciting options going forward.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For most of the game BH were chasing shadows , as you would expect, so much so that they had 1 shot in 90 minutes which Ankergren had to tip over, Brezovan didnt have a save to make. I cannot understand the views on Bergkamp as I thought he looked quite good up front very similar in play to Chris Wood and a far better prospect than Holroyd looked at the same stage.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Spoke to CMS as he was leaving, really nice guy as were all the players and Gus, just brilliant to the kids waiting for pics, autographs and chat. CMS said that he just had a slightly stiff leg and was given a massage after the match so no worries injury wise.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
The thing that impressed me most about Buckley was even though apart from a few nice touches it didn't really happen for him when he did lose the ball how hard he worked to win it back even against burgess hill !! game totally livened up when Cms,Hoskins and nooney come on, thought the right back did ok and all in all was a decent work out

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've a real feeling that the price we paid for Hoskins is going to look very cheap in a few months time.

I'd love to believe you but that can't be right; the Palace mongs on here and on the BBS keep telling us he's crap because he wasn't very good for Watford, erm, about 4 years ago.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We know CMS, Hoskins and Buckley are class acts. Experienced and award winners everywhere they've been for work rate and player of season / young player etc.

Bergkamp is the one who'll need to settle and Noone is the player who needs to have a good pre-season the most. Got to show he can step up and take a 'starting' spot rather than be an impact sub (if Lua Lua not coming). I hope he does as was class whenever saw him last year. Rather he was given the chance and money was spent in defence not on another winger!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here