Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those who went, who stood out at Burgess Hill today? (and who disappointed)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Pre season friendly against Ryman League opponents etc but Hoskins looks CLASS, didn't work for CMS but he looked like he was having fun, Bergkamp looks like a slightly better version of Woods, the right back triallist in the first half looked decent but would like to see him against better opposition. I thought Buckley was the most dissapointing.

Yasir Kasim was poor.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Hoskins and Noone were the two stand-out players. Having never really paid much attention to Hoskins before I wasn't sure what to expect, but he looked a quality player - quick, sharp and linked well with CMS. Noone was absolutely brilliant and beat his man pretty much every time he got the ball.

Hope CMS injury is minor - thought he had a good half and worked really hard. Missed a sitter one-on-one but made the chance for himself so we'll let him off! Buckley looked good in patches - very much the sort of player who will do something out-of-this-world one minute and then shank a cross out for a goal kick.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Sounds like CMS is just a niggle, nothing serious.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Right back, looked like he had a Leon Knight type attitude. Probably a little unfair after 45 minutes but hey ho, first impressions. Bergkamp didn't do anything for me. Hoskins, CMS and Noone all looked lively.

Will post video shortly, once I get it on you tube. Hopefully within the hour, for those that want to see a couple of the goals.

Nice one:O:O:O

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I dont really think its fair to be disappointed with anyone today tbh. They havent played a game since last season. If they got a run out and kicked a ball then it was a constructive day, I think this was a fitness workout more than a test of skill or tactics.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was good to see Ankergren save 2 out of the 5 penalties after the match, one he caught and the other with his feet. Noone was the only blank for us hitting the post but he'd scored a penalty in the game anyway. Penalty shootout 4-3 to the Albion.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Hoskins looked brilliant, Noone was his usual self dancing past the opposition like they weren't there. CMS looked busy and on another day would've had a goal or 2, Other than this week though i don't think he's had any pre-season training.
Unfortunatly couldn't tell much of what was happening in the first half being stuck in the corner at the other end.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
pre season friendly against ryman league opponents etc but hoskins looks class, didn't work for cms but he looked like he was having fun, bergkamp looks like a slightly better version of woods, the right back triallist in the first half looked decent but would like to see him against better opposition. I thought buckley was the most dissapointing.

Yasir kasim was poor.
agree with this but how come no one mentioned m . Painter what a great player he is?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
agree with this but how come no one mentioned m . Painter what a great player he is?

Painter's problem is his consistency, in that he is too bloomin' consistent. You just know he'll be solid and never deliver a performance that is less than 7/10.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It was good to see Ankergren save 2 out of the 5 penalties after the match, one he caught and the other with his feet. Noone was the only blank for us hitting the post but he'd scored a penalty in the game anyway. Penalty shootout 4-3 to the Albion.

Calderon's penalty was saved. 3-2 I think it was in the end?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Originally posted by Marshy

CMS and Hoskins looks like a partnership to me.
Although CMS should have scored, his movement is mustard. Hoskins is a clever player also.

Buckley i thought showed up well. He is a big lad, quick and if he had more room to run in would have murdered them, he looks a cracking buy to me on first showing.
Noone was also looking good 2nd half.

Bergkamp is a big fella. But put a shift in to be fair also

I would agree with all that, CMS (who was signing autographs and posing for pictures is a top bloke) but it must also be stressed that his work rate (as expected) was phenomenal.

I also think Osama, no that should be Osumo, did pretty well.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
And don't forget that the new guys, especially CMS, are still learning to play the Gus way.

Hopefully, things will only get better!

the dream team:moo::hilton:

Attachments

• CMS.jpg
    CMS.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 486

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here