Votes: 29 26.6%
  • No - we were stitched up AGAIN

Votes: 13 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Should Virgo been sent off ?. Camillin was ADAM ANT he should not and was ranting but then back tracked and said he needed to see it again. Was it a red card in your opinion ?.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Virgo nearly polaxed their player in half, definate red card.

The fact he also flew about 3 metres up in the air aswell.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
Virgo nearly polaxed their player in half, definate red card.

The fact he also flew about 3 metres up in the air aswell.

According to the BBC Sussex commentator during the phone in, the Leeds player was off the ground when Virgo clobbered him. I think the acrobatic triple salko / double twist pike combination along with the home crowd convinced the ref to get Virgo sent off.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
mmmm. Paul is an employee of the club so although he is a top bloke is not to be relied on for an impartial view of the events.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A two footed lunge which sent Gradel spiralling into the air , the ref had no alternative and had to show the red card.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I hope to god Gus dont appeal. Could be a longer ban otherwise.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Had a good view. He was high and late. Looked worse than it was as both players in the air and contact sent him into a somersault, but probably the only decision the ref got right today. Virgo made some great blocks in 1st half.

Got quite tetchy in last 10. ElAbd & Becchio were having a right battle. I can't help feeling that time-wasting didn't help our cause in hindsight but a good away point, and in 2nd half we were by far the better team until the scuffed pen woke the crowd up & we went down to 10.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The guy we should be criticising is Brezovan. Why did he throw the ball out ? He should have booted it up field. His crap throw put Virgs in an almost impossible position. Very unfortunate, as he had a storming game up til then

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Anyone who just saw the replay on The Football League Show will know that it was indeed a red card. He left his left leg very high up on the shin of the Leeds player and although there may not have been as much contact as he made the tackle with his right, it could have been a potential leg breaker.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Anyone who just saw the replay on The Football League Show will know that it was indeed a red card. He left his left leg very high up on the shin of the Leeds player and although there may not have been as much contact as he made the tackle with his right, it could have been a potential leg breaker.

Absolutely.

And the penalty, while a little on the soft side, was definitely in the box.

ChapManiA

Banned
Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill, West-Sussex
I am shocked. Paul Camillin on the BBC Sussex commentary made out that it wasn't a bad tackle and that the Leeds players got Virgo sent off.

From what I just saw on TV. It was a silly tackle, and the ref brandished the red card very quickly, and not at all the "Leeds players told the ref to send Virgo off" like Paul described.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Terrible challenge, though he was sold short by Brezovan, who as mentioned above, had been totally solid up until then. Worse will be the effect of the ban, as Virgs had been playing superbly up until then. Might need to loan a centre half unless El Abd can deputise successfully.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Let's get some perspective guys! The tackle wasn't a "leg breaker" it was a very badly timed and clumsy tackle from Virgo, after being put under pressure by a hasty throw out. There was no intended malice, and I thought the red was harsh at the time, even having seen it, and it looks worse on TV, I still felt it was perhaps a little harsh on Virgs. I can see why the ref has sent him off - but I think a yellow card was a more appropriate course of action (which was what I said at the time). I am sure the incident with Gradel a minute earlier, and the reaction of the Leeds players did not help Adam's case (Kisnorbo had his hands on Virgs before the red card was out). An appeal is a waste of time, as the foul was committed, and it is then down to the referee's interpretation as to whether it is serious foul play.

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Terrible challenge, though he was sold short by Brezovan, who as mentioned above, had been totally solid up until then. Worse will be the effect of the ban, as Virgs had been playing superbly up until then. Might need to loan a centre half unless El Abd can deputise successfully.

Spot on from somebody who sounds as if he was at the game.
Was it just me but should Kisnorbo have been red carded? I thought so at the time and the tv seems to justify it.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It looked a horror tackle in real time, and on TV it looks not much better. As blatant (and stupid) a red card from Virgo, ruining what was otherwise a fantastic game for him.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Spot on from somebody who sounds as if he was at the game.
Was it just me but should Kisnorbo have been red carded? I thought so at the time and the tv seems to justify it.

TV definitely suggests he should have been sent off as well!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here