Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For Those Not Going To Grimsby

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Why dont we all meet up at The Downs Hotel in Woodingdean at Midday, then en masse all walk peacefully to Falmer to listen to the match on radios.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Hmmmm. What's the feeling in Woodingdean about the new ground? Yippee from the man who owns The Downs Hotel thinking that pre-match drinking profits are coming his way? Booo from the residents thinking that their streets are going to be full of cars? I just wonder if this is a can of worms best left for now.

But mainly - will we get out of the nice warm pub to stand next to a field?

Lush said:
Hmmmm. What's the feeling in Woodingdean about the new ground? Yippee from the man who owns The Downs Hotel thinking that pre-match drinking profits are coming his way? Booo from the residents thinking that their streets are going to be full

You're not suggesting that Albion fans are a bunch of drink-drivers are you?! To be honest I can't see there being that many cars clogging up the streets. We're only looking at a couple of dozen people anyway, anren't we?

Lush said:
But mainly - will we get out of the nice warm pub to stand next to a field?

Good point. If we've been there since 12:00 and it's a bit on the chilly/damp side it could be a job dragging our carcases along the Falmer Road.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
STU said:
Well up for falmer on Saturday. Only just got online and you all seem to know each other, i'm a bit worried about looking like a knob on my own!

p.s if anyone needs to park i know for a fact that there is loads of free parking at both Sussex and Brighton Universities. There is also a traffic island which would be ideal for some knid of FFA structure!

Stuart you absolute BUFOON, you look like a knob anyway!

You'll know me on Saturday.:drink:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
fatboy said:
Stuart you absolute BUFOON, you look like a knob anyway!

You'll know me on Saturday.:drink:

KETTLE / POT / CALLING / BLACK / THE.

Hmmmmm.......

baz

Jul 7, 2003
As I am driving I will probably park in the University car park. Can we have two meeting points, one for the early drinkers and the other for the later arriving drivers.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I should think the later arriving drivers would meet at the Downs Hotel to give a lift to the early drunks that can't walk anymore!

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Why not Meet on the corner of the Woodingdean road and the road that leads onto the University.
I am coming by Train and think we should meet at Brighton station or Falmer station and walk from there.Avoid turning up in cars if you can,use public transport as we would on match day.
But as Safeway said lets have one official post for meeting and stick at top of the page.Then lets just all agree to meet up get numbers ,regardless of the weather etc.Need a decent turn out to make it wothwhile.Has anyone contacted the Argas ? or any other media ? If we use the train good excuse to stop off for an early beer back in Brighton afterwards.Should be good and enough people interested.We do need to confirm arrangements etc.How about sticking this near the top now ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Safeway said:
I have PMed Beach Hut this evening so hopefully we will have some concrete plans up by tomorrow.

Have responded - hopefully game on !

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
Just read this whole thread. What a fantastic idea. I've only just discovered North Stand Chat about a week ago so I'll also be the sad loner that no-one knows.
Don't finish work in Littlehampton til 1pm so I'll be there whenever the train gets me there!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I'm well up for this. I'm fed up with football.

I'll get a nice lie in and hopefully it will be a fun day out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here