Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For Those Not Going To Grimsby

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
sams dad said:
I think we should just stay on Village Way and not touch crops .We don't want any negative publicity.

Absolutely - no balloons as they will make a mess.

Just meet up, listen to the game, have a chat and get our photo in the Argus as more publicity - not hard

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
another idea maybe we can get one of the big bars walkabout shark etc the put the game commentry on there loud speakers and we go there in colours etc with banners outside saying we want falmer etc?

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
A few balloons,banners,whistles wouldn't harm.Get some helium filled ballons and tie we want falmer tags on,with Prescotts e-mail,address etc asking people to write in etc,No harm in that.
We could get cars to honk their horns in support.Take a football for a kick about to keep warm.We need to get some idea of how many will turn up in case we get any agro from OB ?
:drink: :drink: :drink: Sounding good looking forward to it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'll be there from 14:30 with two little huts as well !

Ok where do we meet on the road that custs across the start of where the ground WILL be built ?

Can I suggest that balloons are a nice idea but will leave a mess and therefore produce a nimby letter on Monday so perhaps not the best publicity.

Lastly - someone mail the Argus and do we want a banner ?

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Not a bad shout beach hut re - the balloons.
Need to get meeting point etc all sorted.
We will need a banner.The more fans the better.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
A banner would be nice, i have to agree with the no balloons thing, we can't be too messy, it must be peaceful too, lets just have a chat and a drink or six and listen to the game, every little helps...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Have sent PM for a banner but earliest I can collect is Thursday, fingers crossed

Beach Hut said:
I'll be there from 14:30 with two little huts as well !

Wicked. Can I get them to demonstrate their wrestling skills? :lolol:

Really looking forward to this. Agree about balloons and anything else that could cause litter. The banner would be superb though. Our presence must be peaceful and as non-offensive as possible. Maybe even a few cans could be seen as 'thuggish'. Certainly wouldn't look good in any Argus pictures.

Can get there for whenever really. Hopefully Trigger and I will have a good story from a little earlier on as well. ;)

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Safeway said:
Wicked. Can I get them to demonstrate their wrestling skills? :lolol:

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Don't even go there

Lush

Mods' Pet
Four big torches for floodlights? Anyone got a big clock? Let's sell some dodgy hot dogs for £2.50 - all proceeds to the FFA campaign. Let's create a stadium!!!!!

Can someone put an X on a map where it's sensible to meet?

Lush said:
Four big torches for floodlights? Anyone got a big clock? Let's sell some dodgy hot dogs for £2.50 - all proceeds to the FFA campaign. Let's create a stadium!!!!!

I can bring a suitecase of Lego along for the grand stand. :thumbsup:

Regarding the wrestling post, it was some time ago now. No doubt been lost in the wreckage of some old mangled incarnation of NSC. It was basically Beach Hut replying to a thread of mine about WWF and explaining hilariously how it's a bad influence on his little 'uns. Had me laughing for, er, minutes.

Still makes me chuckle now and I can't even remember exactly what he said. :lolol: :dunce:

Lush said:
Can someone put an X on a map where it's sensible to meet?

Is this any help? (if you're still talking to me after Keig-Shevlingate)

Attachments

• falmer.jpg
    falmer.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 152

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Safeway can never make it bigger!
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy