Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For Those Not Going To Grimsby

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I'll be thinking of you as I'm on nights what ever you decide to do good luck.

Hilton said:
It's owned by the university isn't it?
The field is owned by the City Council - but is let under a tenancy agreement to a local farmer (the guy who runs the Farm Shop at Falmer).

He would be the victim of any trespass.

Having heard his evidence at the Public Inquiry, I have to say that he was the most reasonable of all the Falmer objectors. His business will obviously be directly affected by the stadium development (since he'll lose half the land he currently rents and the farm will hardly be viable once that happens). But he was very "matter of fact" about things and basically came across as a guy who would simply prefer the stadium not to happen. Unlike some other objectors who - to say the least - had a tendency to get a bit hysterical about the imagined effect of the stadium on their lives.

Last edited:

Lord Bracknell said:
The field is owned by the City Council - but is let under a tenancy agreement to a local farmer (the guy who runs the Farm Shop at Falmer).

He would be the victim of any trespass.

Having heard his evidence at the Public Inquiry, I have to say that he was the most reasonable of all the Falmer objectors. His business will obviously be directly affected by the stadium development (since he'll lose half the land he currently rents and the farm will hardly be viable once that happens). But he was very "matter of fact" about things and basically came across as a guy who would simply prefer the stadium not to happen. Unlike some other objectors who - to say the least - had a tendency to get a bit hysterical about the imagined effect of the stadium on their lives.

That's fair enough. As with all FFA protests, we'll make sure we don't do anything illegal and if that means not actually entering the field then so be it. We can still have a peaceful presence.

Obviously if any local residents kick off then Trigger and I will batter them. :)

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
Originally posted by Safeway

Obviously if any local residents kick off then Trigger and I will batter them. :) [/B]

If this were to happen I could see the Argus having a FIELD day

Sorry :nono:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
For those not in Sussex, I'm tempted to suggest going along to your nearest match and handing out leaflets. Mine looks like Bristol Rovers. Might even get Michel Kuipers to send a special message to help out! (if they remember him)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I definatly can't make either Grimsby or Falmer, however, I do have 3 pretty huge banners that if you are going to do this and get some press coverage you are welcome to use.

Send me a PM if you would be able to use them and look after them.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Would be so funny if you all went into the Swan with colours covered and ordered drinks, and possibly food.

And then when you had got it all take your jackets off to reveal your stripes.

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
I will be up for it - how about an unoffical NSC drink up afterwards in town as well???

I can make sandwiches for people as well -how about if we all bought a bit of food and drink - we could make it teh first ever Falmer picnic!!

Just imagine the headline of the Argus :

Seagulls supporters stage mass picnic in support for Falmer!!!

:lolol:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Trotster said:

I can make sandwiches for people as well -how about if we all bought a bit of food and drink - we could make it teh first ever Falmer picnic!!

Just imagine the headline of the Argus :

Seagulls supporters stage mass picnic in support for Falmer!!!

:lolol:
And then the next day's Argus:

250 football fans go down with food poisoning

Suppose it would get some publicity. :)

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Speaking as a man who STILL shouts "wanker" out of the window every time I drive past The Swan, I beg you not to spend any money in that tosser's pub! But I did like the idea of buying a beer, drinking a bit, and then taking it back and complaining that it's off. Great idea.

Incidentally, if the old lady who was crossing the footbridge the last time I drove past is reading this, I'd just like to reassure you that it wasn't you I was shouting at, dear... oops...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here