Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For TheMajor

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
However, seeing as you're doing this stats thing, any pollster worth their salt would tell you that 2 is way too small a sample. So why not go for say 10 or 20 ? Ah whats that you say, there's a gaping great hole in your point ? Ah dammit. Best keep quiet about those 5k a game years. Still, you did get shiny new stadium bounce and have maintained it this season so you go for your life. Of course if we got a shiny new stadium, we'd be at 30k+ but whos counting and anyway thats just speculation, no room for that in such well researched statistics.

As if we're going to get 20,000 people in a 5000 seater stadium. Muppet.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
Evening all,

Fishing for Brighton fans is very entertaining of course, didnt catch the fish I wanted but maybe I still can. Several bites though, some good banter to be fair - I particularly like the picture - excellent. But a lot of very poor banter, must be the sea air. I thought greyseagull was going to win it with a very well judged and timely Blackadder quote - excellent use of, sir. But WhingforPresident absolutely nailed it - mate that was quality and made me laugh out loud.

I do need some information though please. Who is Wilf Buckley ? Apparently hes better than Zaha but I honestly have no idea who he is. What position does he play in ? Im guessing striker or winger ? Is he big or small ? Was he playing in either of the games last season as I dont remember anyone standing out for your lot - or have you bought him from somewhere, or maybe brought through your academy ? I honestly dont know and who doesnt enjoy a quality player even if he does play for you lot. Can you let me know please ?

Cheers lads

p.s. do you presume everyone is a she ? Or do you just call everyone she / her ? Not gonna help the gay / trannie stereotype of a Brightoner I dont think...

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Evening all,

Fishing for Brighton fans is very entertaining of course, didnt catch the fish I wanted but maybe I still can. Several bites though, some good banter to be fair - I particularly like the picture - excellent. But a lot of very poor banter, must be the sea air. I thought greyseagull was going to win it with a very well judged and timely Blackadder quote - excellent use of, sir. But WhingforPresident absolutely nailed it - mate that was quality and made me laugh out loud.

I do need some information though please. Who is Wilf Buckley ? Apparently hes better than Zaha but I honestly have no idea who he is. What position does he play in ? Im guessing striker or winger ? Is he big or small ? Was he playing in either of the games last season as I dont remember anyone standing out for your lot - or have you bought him from somewhere, or maybe brought through your academy ? I honestly dont know and who doesnt enjoy a quality player even if he does play for you lot. Can you let me know please ?

Cheers lads

p.s. do you presume everyone is a she ? Or do you just call everyone she / her ? Not gonna help the gay / trannie stereotype of a Brightoner I dont think...

You seem like a bit of a girl's blouse so placing you in the female gender suits you down to a tea, luv.

Alfie87

Aug 20, 2010
Evening all,

Cheers lads

You'll know soon enough

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Alright there chap,

I can see you have a lot of love for the Palace, fair enough I guess.

However, that gubbins you put at the bottom of each post, whats all that about ?? The difference in attendances for the last 2 seasons all added together - thats a completely meaningless stat, because isnt it (more or less) the same people going each time ? A far better way to make a point would be to just show the averages wouldnt it ? Or is that not a big enough number for you ? Im guessing you're the guy at the gym who doesnt care at all about doing the weights machines correctly as long as he gets to pile on a really big number that looks good.

Lets see, your average is about 25k isnt it ? Ours is about 15k I reckon. So thats 10k difference a game (they all leave with 10 minutes to go regardless of the score, but hey, their money is as good as anybody's) so why not cut to the chase and put an assumed end of season number of 230,000. Then you can say you have a quarter of a million more fans than Palace. How good is that ?? Thats a really really big number. Well done you.

However, seeing as you're doing this stats thing, any pollster worth their salt would tell you that 2 is way too small a sample. So why not go for say 10 or 20 ? Ah whats that you say, there's a gaping great hole in your point ? Ah dammit. Best keep quiet about those 5k a game years. Still, you did get shiny new stadium bounce and have maintained it this season so you go for your life. Of course if we got a shiny new stadium, we'd be at 30k+ but whos counting and anyway thats just speculation, no room for that in such well researched statistics.

And finally, your little moniker there 'Can you hear the palace sing' well yes I can, its very very loud. You'd have heard it if you were there last season at the 3-1 defeat, it would have been loud and clear all game, but especially in that wonderful last 10 minutes, as most of your lot had left after Zaha (you know, the over-rated one) waltzed past most of your defence with ease and tucked it into the bottom corner, and then especially when Murray scored the third and the loudest noise from your end was some lad squeaking 'oh for fvcks sake Murray' ah bless. Oh and thanks for him, most kind, he's quite tidy. But at least you've still got Mackail-Smith, he's not too bad and will probably keep you up until he moves to a bigger club with Poyet. Because lets face it this is your honeymoon 2 or 3 seasons in the champ until you go back down to where you belong and no amount of fan counting or having a manager who used to be quite a good footballer is going to change that.

See you on the 1st.

Good luck deciphering this riddle

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Good luck deciphering this riddle

I like a riddle and it was a challenge but somewhere in there it has struck a nerve,and sometimes it can cause pain too.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
I like a riddle and it was a challenge but somewhere in there it has struck a nerve,and sometimes it can cause pain too.

I suppose there was a half decent plot, a strong protagonist, a beginning, middle and end. There's even a moral to be taken from it somewhere if you look hard enough.

I also learned that Palace can sing ''very very loud'' :)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Alright there chap,

I can see you have a lot of love for the Palace, fair enough I guess.

However, that gubbins you put at the bottom of each post, whats all that about ?? The difference in attendances for the last 2 seasons all added together - thats a completely meaningless stat, because isnt it (more or less) the same people going each time ? A far better way to make a point would be to just show the averages wouldnt it ? Or is that not a big enough number for you ? Im guessing you're the guy at the gym who doesnt care at all about doing the weights machines correctly as long as he gets to pile on a really big number that looks good.

Lets see, your average is about 25k isnt it ? Ours is about 15k I reckon. So thats 10k difference a game (they all leave with 10 minutes to go regardless of the score, but hey, their money is as good as anybody's) so why not cut to the chase and put an assumed end of season number of 230,000. Then you can say you have a quarter of a million more fans than Palace. How good is that ?? Thats a really really big number. Well done you.

And finally, your little moniker there 'Can you hear the palace sing' well yes I can, its very very loud. You'd have heard it if you were there last season at the 3-1 defeat, it would have been loud and clear all game, but especially in that wonderful last 10 minutes, as most of your lot had left after Zaha (you know, the over-rated one) waltzed past most of your defence with ease and tucked it into the bottom corner, and then especially when Murray scored the third and the loudest noise from your end was some lad squeaking 'oh for fvcks sake Murray' ah bless. Oh and thanks for him, most kind, he's quite tidy. But at least you've still got Mackail-Smith, he's not too bad and will probably keep you up until he moves to a bigger club with Poyet. Because lets face it this is your honeymoon 2 or 3 seasons in the champ until you go back down to where you belong and no amount of fan counting or having a manager who used to be quite a good footballer is going to change that.

See you on the 1st.
:thumbsup:

Attachments

• jcb.jpg
    jcb.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 22

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Evening all,

Cheers lads

That's not what you said when my cock was in your mouth.

Admittedly what you did say was "MMPH MMPH". Then you gagged, grabbed a ruler, and fainted. Shall I still call the ambulance?

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
That's not what you said when my cock was in your mouth.

Admittedly what you did say was "MMPH MMPH". Then you gagged, grabbed a ruler, and fainted. Shall I still call the ambulance?

It says on your blog you are a father, is that so ? Maybe show that post to your kids and ask them if they are proud of Daddy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here