Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For TheMajor

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And finally, your little moniker there 'Can you hear the palace sing' well yes I can, its very very loud. You'd have heard it if you were there last season at the 3-1 defeat, it would have been loud and clear all game, but especially in that wonderful last 10 minutes, .

Well, that's confirmed one thing, anyway - this precious little princess wasn't at the Amex for that game.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Alright there chap,

I can see you have a lot of love for the Palace, fair enough I guess.

However, that gubbins you put at the bottom of each post, whats all that about ?? The difference in attendances for the last 2 seasons all added together - thats a completely meaningless stat, because isnt it (more or less) the same people going each time ? A far better way to make a point would be to just show the averages wouldnt it ? Or is that not a big enough number for you ? Im guessing you're the guy at the gym who doesnt care at all about doing the weights machines correctly as long as he gets to pile on a really big number that looks good.

Lets see, your average is about 25k isnt it ? Ours is about 15k I reckon. So thats 10k difference a game (they all leave with 10 minutes to go regardless of the score, but hey, their money is as good as anybody's) so why not cut to the chase and put an assumed end of season number of 230,000. Then you can say you have a quarter of a million more fans than Palace. How good is that ?? Thats a really really big number. Well done you.

However, seeing as you're doing this stats thing, any pollster worth their salt would tell you that 2 is way too small a sample. So why not go for say 10 or 20 ? Ah whats that you say, there's a gaping great hole in your point ? Ah dammit. Best keep quiet about those 5k a game years. Still, you did get shiny new stadium bounce and have maintained it this season so you go for your life. Of course if we got a shiny new stadium, we'd be at 30k+ but whos counting and anyway thats just speculation, no room for that in such well researched statistics.

And finally, your little moniker there 'Can you hear the palace sing' well yes I can, its very very loud. You'd have heard it if you were there last season at the 3-1 defeat, it would have been loud and clear all game, but especially in that wonderful last 10 minutes, as most of your lot had left after Zaha (you know, the over-rated one) waltzed past most of your defence with ease and tucked it into the bottom corner, and then especially when Murray scored the third and the loudest noise from your end was some lad squeaking 'oh for fvcks sake Murray' ah bless. Oh and thanks for him, most kind, he's quite tidy. But at least you've still got Mackail-Smith, he's not too bad and will probably keep you up until he moves to a bigger club with Poyet. Because lets face it this is your honeymoon 2 or 3 seasons in the champ until you go back down to where you belong and no amount of fan counting or having a manager who used to be quite a good footballer is going to change that.

See you on the 1st.
:bla: :tosser:

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Well, that's confirmed one thing, anyway - this precious little princess wasn't at the Amex for that game.

Agree with you HK,
I was there until the final whistle, I only heard them pipe up for the last 10 minutes or so!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Palace fans only starting to make noise when they scored, but even after that it died down a bit until Ambrose scored which was the 88th minute...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Alright there chap,

However, that gubbins you put at the bottom of each post, whats all that about ?? The difference in attendances for the last 2 seasons all added together - thats a completely meaningless stat, because isnt it (more or less) the same people going each time ? A far better way to make a point would be to just show the averages wouldnt it ? Or is that not a big enough number for you ? Im guessing you're the guy at the gym who doesnt care at all about doing the weights machines correctly as long as he gets to pile on a really big number that looks good.

Lets see, your average is about 25k isnt it ? Ours is about 15k I reckon. So thats 10k difference a game (they all leave with 10 minutes to go regardless of the score, but hey, their money is as good as anybody's) so why not cut to the chase and put an assumed end of season number of 230,000. Then you can say you have a quarter of a million more fans than Palace. How good is that ?? Thats a really really big number. Well done you.

However, seeing as you're doing this stats thing, any pollster worth their salt would tell you that 2 is way too small a sample. So why not go for say 10 or 20 ? Ah whats that you say, there's a gaping great hole in your point ? Ah dammit. Best keep quiet about those 5k a game years. Still, you did get shiny new stadium bounce and have maintained it this season so you go for your life. Of course if we got a shiny new stadium, we'd be at 30k+ but whos counting and anyway thats just speculation, no room for that in such well researched statistics.

And finally, your little moniker there 'Can you hear the palace sing' well yes I can, its very very loud. You'd have heard it if you were there last season at the 3-1 defeat, it would have been loud and clear all game, but especially in that wonderful last 10 minutes, as most of your lot had left after Zaha (you know, the over-rated one) waltzed past most of your defence with ease and tucked it into the bottom corner, and then especially when Murray scored the third and the loudest noise from your end was some lad squeaking 'oh for fvcks sake Murray' ah bless. Oh and thanks for him, most kind, he's quite tidy. But at least you've still got Mackail-Smith, he's not too bad and will probably keep you up until he moves to a bigger club with Poyet. Because lets face it this is your honeymoon 2 or 3 seasons in the champ until you go back down to where you belong and no amount of fan counting or having a manager who used to be quite a good footballer is going to change that.

See you on the 1st.

the last three sentences ruined ,what was, otherwise, a remarkably well constructed dig.......for a palace oik of course.....:bigwave:

centurion40

Sep 8, 2012
I wonder how many Palarse fans it actually took to write that, it must have been a few cos there's more than one sentence :shit:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Started off quite well, ended up on a probably unintended humourous note. 4/10.

Agreed. Definitely had potential at the outset. I can just see her hunched over a word document, drafting and redrafting before she finally settled on the underwhelming finished product we have been presented with.

4/10

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
100% correct and I stayed until the final whistle.

Agree with you HK,
I was there until the final whistle, I only heard them pipe up for the last 10 minutes or so!

Palace fans only starting to make noise when they scored, but even after that it died down a bit until Ambrose scored which was the 88th minute...

I'm a big enough man to give credit when its due. The truth is that for those last 10 minutes when the game turned, the Palace fans were VERY loud - they or Leeds were the loudest away fans we've seen at the Amex. Until Zaha's goal though, they were pretty much silent, and gave their team NOTHING.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Alright there chap,

See you on the 1st.

Awww. Don't cry sunshine. Big kiss xx

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Alright there chap,

See you on the 1st.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here