Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the MONGS amongst you moaning at Murray

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
so because murray is our best player, he is beyond criticism?

anyway, if what was said in the first post of this thread is true, and i have no reason to believe it wasnt, then it is just further proof that adams is losing it. no wonder he didnt look up for it or fit, if an hour and a half before the game he was under the impression that he wasnt involved, so much so he was in hospitality EATING

it just smacks of unproffesionalism on the part of the coaching team. adams, white and booker should just f*** off now, as incidents like this are turning us into a LAUGHING STOCK

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Ha! I'm one one of Murray's biggest fans and often defend him on here. Well done on that one WW.

I am a bad fan and wasn't there, but someone I know who was says he looked in obvious pain when he was out on the pitch. Maybe he warmed up ok, the aggravated the inury on the pitch. Quick bursts of pace and twisting and turning just can't be replicated in a warm up. I'm with you and I am completely behind Murray (and Adams), so willing to give him the benefit of the doubt!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Tommy Fraser was getting stuck in like a good 'un. That's all I ask of a player wearing the stripes. Not the most talented, but among the most committed. Which gets my vote every time. That kind of attitude can help a team over-achieve, rather than under-achieve. So a big :clap: to Tommy Fraser. We could do with a few more players with the same attitude.

Brilliant. Perhaps we should ask ten NSCers to play our next game, because they would show that same effort and amount of "getting stuck in". They would also be rubbish - like Fraser.

Bollocks. Yet again this f***ing stupid argument seems to come down to two factions - those who like Glenn Murray and those who like headless chickens like Tommy Fraser or Alex Revell. Why don't you take your head out of Murray's arse and realise that injury or not, his attitude stinks and he looks like a player who is not interested in playing for Brighton anymore.

I can't stand this bullshit about how those who can't see how great Murray is don't understand football. I've seen enough to know he's a great player, please don't patronise me to that level. I've also seen enough football to know that no matter how good he is, if he doesn't want to play for a club he's as good as useless.

If he was injured today, then that would explain the face like a slapped arse and general lack of respect for pretty much every Albion fan and player. It struck me that he looked like a sulking prima donna who thought he is better than this club - NOTE TO GLENN - to be better than Brighton you have to PROVE you are better than League One.

Hmm, few points there.

1) I know for a FACT that you're someone who really doesn't like Murray, so to it's a bit hypocritical to tell me to take my head out of his arse when you'd probably want to slag him off even if he'd come on and scored today.

2) Presumably you like headless chickens then....

3) Murray doesn't look interested or as if he wants to play for us? Ah yes, that's right, because in his previous game (swindon) he didn't look at ALL interested did he? You know, when he came on and played like a man posessed, tearing through the Swindon defence? You say "injury or not"...well that's the point, isn't it? Read the first post, Murray wasn't SUPPOSED to be playing yesterday. Murray was INJURED. Murray warmed up for about 5 minutes of the game wheras Loft and Cox did about half an hours running. Murray came on and looked poor and...INJURED.

4) "face like a slapped arse" er WHAT? What do you expect, footballers to wear cheesy grins for 90 minutes? NONE of our players kick a ball around while smiling, so that's an abysmal argument. Look at Berbatov - scoring goals for fun at the moment, do you see him smiling? No. Football ability isn't reflected in someones smile!!!

5) I can't help but think if you actually liked him "sulking prima donna" would turn into "player in discomfort"

6) Woops, I wasn't supposed to patronise, was I?

so because murray is our best player, he is beyond criticism?

Not at all, against Colchester he was crap, but why get on his back when he's injured?:shrug:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Hmm, few points there.

1) I know for a FACT that you're someone who really doesn't like Murray, so to it's a bit hypocritical to tell me to take my head out of his arse when you'd probably want to slag him off even if he'd come on and scored today.

2) Presumably you like headless chickens then....

3) Murray doesn't look interested or as if he wants to play for us? Ah yes, that's right, because in his previous game (swindon) he didn't look at ALL interested did he? You know, when he came on and played like a man posessed, tearing through the Swindon defence? You say "injury or not"...well that's the point, isn't it? Read the first post, Murray wasn't SUPPOSED to be playing yesterday. Murray was INJURED. Murray warmed up for about 5 minutes of the game wheras Loft and Cox did about half an hours running. Murray came on and looked poor and...INJURED.

4) "face like a slapped arse" er WHAT? What do you expect, footballers to wear cheesy grins for 90 minutes? NONE of our players kick a ball around while smiling, so that's an abysmal argument. Look at Berbatov - scoring goals for fun at the moment, do you see him smiling? No. Football ability isn't reflected in someones smile!!!

5) I can't help but think if you actually liked him "sulking prima donna" would turn into "player in discomfort"

6) Woops, I wasn't supposed to patronise, was I?

1. I'm not going to be naive enough to think that I look at every player with a balanced viewpoint, everyone has their favourites and should accept that. I have been critical of Murray but I still think he's one of our best players, I just find the combination of his attitude problem and the way it's become fashionable on here to look down on those who don't think he's the next Zamora as 'not understanding football' extremely tedious. If he plays well and looks up for a game, I'll be the first to praise him. I certainly don't want to see him leave the club, I do, however, find his attitude (and it not just todays game) is terrible.

2. I think you're joking, but I actually don't think you're too far from the general viewpoint of some people. Hard-working doesn't equate to headless chicken. Murray should take an example from Forster, who even at 35 still runs his socks off, if you're accusing him as being a headless chicken then I'm going to take your usual high and mighty stance and tell you that you simply don't understand football.

3. He was good against Swindon, and I said that after the match. He has been shite for quite a while though, and I'm not the only one who thinks he looks like a player who simply doesn't want to be playing for Brighton and Hove Albion.

4. I think you've missed the point here somewhat. It was probably a stupid thing for me to say, but I was commenting more on his body language in general, which I think is quite telling.

The injury sitation is difficult. If he really was in pain then his performance was understandable, but on that basis I'd say he'd been 'injured' for a lot of games this season (other than his scoring spell). I'm not convinced, and I still think if he was okay enough to get on the pitch he can't be forgiven for something like his involvement in their second goal.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Kuipers and Hawkins were sat behind my brother in the north stand and were saying that Murray shouldn't be on the pitch, he is no where near fit enough (and that was before the 2nd Leeds goal).

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Kuipers and Hawkins were sat behind my brother in the north stand and were saying that Murray shouldn't be on the pitch, he is no where near fit enough (and that was before the 2nd Leeds goal).

And they thought they'd broadcast that information to everyone else sitting round them did they????

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
And they thought they'd broadcast that information to everyone else sitting round them did they????

Well, obviously they did.

They weren't sitting around all the losers though, it was where the youth players and players comps sit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here