Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the MONGS amongst you moaning at Murray

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Murray is amazing, or best player easily. Anyone saying anything bad about him are dick heads.

Does your old dear fancy him or sank? She's brainwashing you, sit next to HseagullsH, he knows the score.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Read what I said; "he was running fine before the incident" that means he was running around on the pitch with no problems.

Don't get me wrong Murray is our most valuable assest, but what he did was wrong today.

Well said.

And that doesn't mean that anyone's heaping blame on Murray for Delph's goal either. Edna is right about those who really should have been trying to close Delph down standing off and doing nothing.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Spot on:clap:

But don't expect anyone else to agree with you because most of nsc tonight would rather slag off the best player at the club while lavishing praise on a bloke in midfield whose attributes start and finish with 'running.'

I agree that he is a class act - probably the best we have, but we were pushing for an equaliser, and when we lost the ball, he was the only option to make it a 3 on 2, which he started to do but gave up on the half way line.

It's a team game, and he should have put some effort in - he should have tracked back. That or he should'nt have played. I'm disappointed for him, as I really like him

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I can't actually recall Murray's so-called role in Leeds second goal. Maybe he didn't chase somebody for a few yards, I must have been looking elsewhere.

But is nobody, on the other hand, at all pissed at Adam El Abd, a bloody central defender by trade, backing off the player on the ball for at least fifty yards, from the time he reached our half, until the point when he got to the edge of our box?

Leeds second goal was a sublime bit of skill by Delph that was worth about half of the admission price by itself. The backing-off thing should be played in the dressing-room before matches from here on in to at least TRY and stop the defence acting like the muppiest muppets in muppetdom. f***ing brainless c unts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Withdean Wanderer, why do you think you can call Tommy Fraser a prick? I don't understand you.

Tommy Fraser was getting stuck in like a good 'un. That's all I ask of a player wearing the stripes. Not the most talented, but among the most committed. Which gets my vote every time. That kind of attitude can help a team over-achieve, rather than under-achieve. So a big :clap: to Tommy Fraser. We could do with a few more players with the same attitude.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Tommy Fraser was getting stuck in like a good 'un. That's all I ask of a player wearing the stripes. Not the most talented, but among the most committed. Which gets my vote every time. That kind of attitude can help a team over-achieve, rather than under-achieve. So a big :clap: to Tommy Fraser. We could do with a few more players with the same attitude.

:thud:

Manchester United are top of the Premiership because they are very good footballers. Not because they "Try the hardest".

Spain won Euro 2008 because they played excellent football. Not because they "put in the most effort".

Chelsea nicked two goals at the end against Stoke today, because of their QUALITY and ABILITY with a football. Not cos they "Got stuck in and showed they cared".

Time and again it is shown talent outweighs effort when it actually matters.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
:thud:

Manchester United are top of the Premiership because they are very good footballers. Not because they "Try the hardest".

Spain won Euro 2008 because they played excellent football. Not because they "put in the most effort".

Chelsea nicked two goals at the end against Stoke today, because of their QUALITY and ABILITY with a football. Not cos they "Got stuck in and showed they cared".

Time and again it is shown talent outweighs effort when it actually matters.

I'd have to disagree with a lot of that to be honest, the psychological aspect sits alongside talent.

Man United are where they are because of both. I'd even say that it's the psychological aspect of their game that gives them the edge. They never seem to put their heads down even in the last minutes of a game, today a good example.

Spain full of talent for years won nothing, but finally got the other side of the equation right.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
I'd have to disagree with a lot of that to be honest, the psychological aspect sits alongside talent.

Man United are where they are because of both. I'd even say that it's the psychological aspect of their game that gives them the edge. They never seem to put their heads down even in the last minutes of a game, today a good example.

Spain full of talent for years won nothing, but finally got the other side of the equation right.

...And the level your playing plays a pretty big part. Therefore the overall quality of your 'quality'.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Glenn Murray is one of the few rays of light from this season. He is one of the very few players making me believe we can stay up this season. For people to slate him beggars belief.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Oh what's the point? Some of you spacks will do ANYTHING to slate our best player, even when he's done nothing wrong, yet you'll praise pricks like Fraser because they "try hard" despite contributing precisely f*** all other than a couple of backward passes.

Idiots.

Bollocks. Yet again this f***ing stupid argument seems to come down to two factions - those who like Glenn Murray and those who like headless chickens like Tommy Fraser or Alex Revell. Why don't you take your head out of Murray's arse and realise that injury or not, his attitude stinks and he looks like a player who is not interested in playing for Brighton anymore.

I can't stand this bullshit about how those who can't see how great Murray is don't understand football. I've seen enough to know he's a great player, please don't patronise me to that level. I've also seen enough football to know that no matter how good he is, if he doesn't want to play for a club he's as good as useless.

If he was injured today, then that would explain the face like a slapped arse and general lack of respect for pretty much every Albion fan and player. It struck me that he looked like a sulking prima donna who thought he is better than this club - NOTE TO GLENN - to be better than Brighton you have to PROVE you are better than League One.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Bollocks. Yet again this f***ing stupid argument seems to come down to two factions - those who like Glenn Murray and those who like headless chickens like Tommy Fraser or Alex Revell. Why don't you take your head out of Murray's arse and realise that injury or not, his attitude stinks and he looks like a player who is not interested in playing for Brighton anymore.

I can't stand this bullshit about how those who can't see how great Murray is don't understand football. I've seen enough to know he's a great player, please don't patronise me to that level. I've also seen enough football to know that no matter how good he is, if he doesn't want to play for a club he's as good as useless.

If he was injured today, then that would explain the face like a slapped arse and general lack of respect for pretty much every Albion fan and player. It struck me that he looked like a sulking prima donna who thought he is better than this club - NOTE TO GLENN - to be better than Brighton you have to PROVE you are better than League One.

Please please...easy on the word " great ". Murray is a decent young player, still learning his craft and at the moment is probably capable of playing at championship level ( no higher )
Try and save that word for those who deserve it...Pele,Maradona, Best, Cruyff, Zidane et al....you'll have nothing left in the locker otherwise.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
We need fully-committed players like Fraser to compete in the midfield but need some creative talent alongside him, this is what we lack at present. We also need the class of players like Murray up front but they need to carry out some basic duties as first line of defence, this did not happen with this incident yesterday. It isn't a question of Murray or Fraser, we need both types of player.
I agree that El-Abd also bears some responsibility for not getting some type of challenge in.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
So WW, it's ok to constantly slate Hawkins but not Murray??

over the last couple of months - when they've both been fit )which isn't very often)- Hawkins has looked the better player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here