Votes: 57 100.0%
  • First Capital Connect

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Can we have an option that they are both equally shambolic ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Southern is best :bowdown:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Southern is MILES better. It is in no way, close. The other one (which changes its name every year) belongs in the third world and is absolute gash.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I think this could be a first. Zero votes for an option on a two option poll?

Southern are actually pretty good most of the time. FCC are a pile of shite.

My commute is to Tottenham Hale, so using FCC to Kings X and picking up the victoria line tube from there would actually make more sense. But I refuse to go their trains preferring to go to Victoria and running the gauntlet of getting on the tube there.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Billy the Fish said:
FCC is dog shit. Shit trains and stupidly overcrowded, they use 4 and 8 carriage trains in rush hour, it takes the piss.

As FCC don't have guards (which is wrong), they are only allowed to operate a maximum of 8 coaches.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Virgo's Haircut said:
As FCC don't have guards (which is wrong), they are only allowed to operate a maximum of 8 coaches.

I don't mind that they don't have guards. The 8 coach trains are normally ok, but they do seem to run 4 coach trains at the most bizarre of times.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
I don't mind that they don't have guards. The 8 coach trains are normally ok, but they do seem to run 4 coach trains at the most bizarre of times.

For reason of safety and security, surely there should be a guard on every train.

The guard came to the aid of the poor guy that had a heart attack yesterday. I know sadly he didn't make it, but on another day his actions could have saved the guy. On a driver only train, the driver probably wouldn't have been able to do that.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
A landslide victory for Southern then. They should keep the franchise for another 7 years if they read this thread. :dunce:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
When I change from FCC to Southern at London Bridge, it's like travelling through time to an improved technology.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Southern are way better.

However I've lived in Japan. To use a food analogy, the Japanese trains would be lobster and champagne, Southern would be a 2 day old Big Mac and FCC would be a large rancid green pile of hyena dung.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Southern - just about acceptable.
FCC - absolute bollocks the whole lot about them.

The 07:04 yesterday morning was late into Preston Park (how it did this coming from Brighton I don't know) then when the train finally arrived the doors wouldn't open.

The driver informed us once he had fixed this problem some 10 minutes later that it was due to someone leaving a key in one of the doors

f***ing clowns :jester:

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
TrevorDove said:
Southern - just about acceptable.
FCC - absolute bollocks the whole lot about them.

The 07:04 yesterday morning was late into Preston Park (how it did this coming from Brighton I don't know) then when the train finally arrived the doors wouldn't open.

The driver informed us once he had fixed this problem some 10 minutes later that it was due to someone leaving a key in one of the doors

f***ing clowns :jester:

I was on that: it was late because it sat around in Brighton station for several minutes, probably so the driver could have a wank of something.

Southern is not a great service but FCC takes ineptitude to new extremes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here