Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For Old Farts only

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
There's a couple of programs featuring Prog Rock tonight on BBC 4, I'll be watching.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There was quite a good Blues one last week as well, thanks for the heads up

f***ing Far Out Man :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
*Can hear Kosh ambling towards this thread...*

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Prog Rock"

Mmmmm. Nope. Never heard of it.

*wanders off to enjoy remainder of my youth*

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"Prog Rock"

Mmmmm. Nope. Never heard of it.

*wanders off to enjoy remainder of my youth*

Did your parents bring you up in a cave? How can you not have heard of these bands, featured tonight??

Compilation of some of the greatest names in progressive rock, filmed live in the BBC studios in the 1970s. Includes Yes, Genesis, ELP, Caravan, Barclay James Harvest, Gentle Giant, Family, Atomic Rooster and more

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Sorry Dave I don't think that either Tull or King Crimson are featured.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ooohhh, yes. He came, he saw, he realised he's not yet an Old Fart.

:rave:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did your parents bring you up in a cave? How can you not have heard of these bands, featured tonight??

Compilation of some of the greatest names in progressive rock, filmed live in the BBC studios in the 1970s. Includes Yes, Genesis, ELP, Caravan, Barclay James Harvest, Gentle Giant, Family, Atomic Rooster and more

I was raised in the rusting hull of a beached discarded oil tanker off the coast of Anguilla, and only allowed to emerge blinking into the Caribbean sunlight once a week, to hunt guillemots and their young.

Out of that list, I'd heard of Genesis.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I still have LP's with most of those bands. :down: It's called Prog. Rock is it? Just ordinary music in my day. :smokin: Nice!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Thanks for the heads-up. I shall make sure that I steer well clear of that this evening.

I shall be catching the Simon Russell Beale programme on religious music earlier though.:thumbsup:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I still have LP's with most of those bands. :down: It's called Prog. Rock is it? Just ordinary music in my day. :smokin: Nice!

It was still called Prog Rock. There were really only three genres of music back then, Pop, Soul and Prog Rock.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe Atilla will get some ideas.

Oh sorry its just punk isnt it.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
ELO not prog rock (or pomp rock as some people disparagingly called it)

No?, It wasn't pop, so what was it (don't say shit :smile:)

Shame though, another fix of embarrassing bodies for me then tonight.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pink Floyd are the best thing in existence that could be even loosely associated with Prog Rock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here