Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For Ian Hart and the other Adams APOLOGISTS

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Well as you keep saying we need one decent result and Adams will turn things round, well a 2-0 away win at Swindon was a pretty decent result and sure enough Adams has turned things round. Turned it straight back round with another SHIT performance and another home defeat.
When are you finally going to admit that Adams isn't going to turn things around and it's time he was SACKED ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that most people expected to get a draw at the best yesterday so a defeat wasnt totally unexpected the crunch game is next week at Cheltenham, we must avoid defeat in that game but a win would do us wonders.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
I think that most people expected to get a draw at the best yesterday so a defeat wasnt totally unexpected the crunch game is next week at Cheltenham, we must avoid defeat in that game but a win would do us wonders.

Agree with that...I had already written off yesterday and felt we could afford to lose as long as we don't lose at either Cheltenham or Hereford.It does concern me though that there is only 5 pts covering the bottom 7 clubs and that a 5 point gap has opened up above 18th.
Four out of seven going down is a worryingly small ratio and strong results yesterday from Hereford and Crewe suggests that it is going to get even tighter.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i hadn't.

leeds were on a shit run, they had lost to quite a few teams recently and were leaking goals, had a few out.

they were there for the taking and we were not good enough to do so where others had.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I agree, if this was anyone apart from Adams in charge Dick Knight would have f***ed him off out it quite a few games ago !
Adams Has lost the plot and has got to go now before it's too late, get someone in NOW and at least he can TRY and sort this mess out while the window is still open, otherwise we are royally f***ed !!
ADAMS OUT !!!

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I felt the it was the weakest Leeds team I had seen in recent seasons yesterday. With a reasonably confident side they were beatable (and would have been by a Brighton team of 2/3 seasons ago).

Sullivan's penalty save should have generated a reaction from the rest of the team, but didn't seem to do anything. Apart from Fleetwood's chance in the first half and the one late on did we actually have any shots that troubled their keeper?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Good call, our expectation now is try and avoid relegation boy have we moved on from 7th last season

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Well as you keep saying we need one decent result and Adams will turn things round, well a 2-0 away win at Swindon was a pretty decent result and sure enough Adams has turned things round. Turned it straight back round with another SHIT performance and another home defeat.
When are you finally going to admit that Adams isn't going to turn things around and it's time he was SACKED ?

Only when we're cut adrift i'm afraid, its a total SHAMBLES and the quicker Adams is fired the better along with the other backroom staff

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
I often take what John Byrne says as pretty close to the mark and he described Leeds as pretty ordinary on the radio. He also described Birchall's debut as a lot of huffing and puffing but not much end product!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I often take what John Byrne says as pretty close to the mark and he described Leeds as pretty ordinary on the radio. He also described Birchall's debut as a lot of huffing and puffing but not much end product!

I believe his exact words were "He didn't pull up any trees for me". Classic Byrne. :lolol:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me

I agree with your comments about John Byrne but I think he would also say that some of the greatest Albion players have had very ordinary debuts.

Lets hope Birchall is one of those.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
We really need to start picking up points soon though, because as soon as the end of the season starts to draw closer (not too long now), being part of a relegation battle, or worse, stuck in the relegation zone, is much more worrying.

I think the most worrying thing about the table at the moment is that the rest of the table from Bristol Rovers up seem to be breaking away from the teams at the bottom - it would be really bad, and very dangerous, if we stayed part of that bottom group.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Nobody expected us to beat Leeds - too right! We no longer expect anything from this shambles! Leeds are an ordinary team - look at their record! The only outstanding team in this division at the moment is Leicester City - now they have got over the mess Adams left them in!

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
This is one of the great things about NSC, its all about opinions, Ernest is one of the most clued up people on here but on this occasion I have to disagree with him.

I am not an Adams apologist, and it would be stupid to say that everything was rosy because its not. The job he took on back in May was, and still is a big one which won't all come right overnight.

He has made mistakes, he would the first to admit that, but rather than slaughtering the bloke week in week out has anyone sat back and looked at the size of the task?

If I'm wrong I'm sure to get shot down I know, but I still think he will turn things around but his job is a long term one, the last time he was here he had a mass l clearout within weeks, this time its will take longer, and I certainly don't think we will go down this season that is unless DK sacks him now as that in my opinion would guarantee relegation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here