Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For Ian Hart and the other Adams APOLOGISTS

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
You're also insinuating that Dick Knight has made a personal gain of £80K; if you can substantiate this, then report it to the relevant authorities, starting with the Police and HMRC, otherwise withdraw the accusation and stop being so pathetic.

and perhaps you can withdraw your faux outrage and stop being so melodramatic. There's no insinuation of any wrong-doing as well you know.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think we all know that the team is not league winning material and perhaps 7th last year was over achieving.

Having said that the team isn't on paper one that should be 5th from bottom and currently heading for relegation. No one expected this team to struggle so much. Unfortunately Micky Adams is the manager. He took all the plaudits when we won the league and now he deserves the flak that he is getting.

I just feel that after his experiences with Leicester, Coventry (and remember Colchester went down whilst he was there as number 2) have really affected him. He seems to be referring to himself as a third person i.e the old Micky adams as if he is suffering from some kind breakdown in his self belief.

If he has lost confidence in his own ability, then the players will almost certainly have. He seems to be grasping around, bringing in players that are clearly not fit in the hope that they will produce.

Its all gone wrong. The right thing for the board is to accept that it hasn't worked the way it was meant to and for Knight to make the hardest decision he probably has had to do whilst at the Albion. Sack Micky Adams.

There is no guarantee that a new manager will be able to turn things around, but the players just might get some belief back and perform to something like they are capable of. I think sticking with Micky means we are more likely to go down.

There is no guarantee that a new manager will be able to turn things around, but the players just might get some belief back and perform to something like they are capable of. I think sticking with Micky means we are more likely to go down.

Very good point. Nothing in life is guaranteed but our performences this season do not provide sensible cause for optimism and the players look like they have lost self belief. We do know they are capable of much better and a new man may do the job.

I would be sad to see the manager go in such circumstances but if he stays and gets us relegated he will never be forgiven and the long term damage to the club will be huge.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If it weren't for the fact we're a couple of matches from a Wembley final I think Adams would be 2 league matches away from the sack.

If the Albion make it to Wembley you'd expect the "feel-good" factor to be enough to keep us up and, as far as I'm concerned, I'd have settled for a mediocre league season with a Wembley final, rather than finish, say, 9th with no final.

If we get knocked out by Luton and lose our next couple of league matches then he'll have to go. I hope for his sake he finds his mojo in time.

and perhaps you can withdraw your faux outrage and stop being so melodramatic.
OK consider it done; now you can toodle off back to your music threads, enthralling champagne/cider induced hangovers and political diatribes. Nice bit of irony in your post btw.
There's no insinuation of any wrong-doing as well you know.
I don't KNOW that. This poster's contributions on NSC seem exclusively limited to accusations and insinuations about the club chairman's supposed behaviour based on no disernable facts, just his/her personal grievences and opinions.
With this background and it being public knowledge that BHA, having never made a profit in living memory, is currently losing £2M+ pa, what is the likely meaning of the statement:
"That makes a profit of £80,000 for Mr Chairman."?
I don't think it unreasonable to conclude that Dick Knight is being accused here of obtaining personal percuniary advantage from last season's transfer dealings.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
OK consider it done; now you can toodle off back to your music threads, enthralling champagne/cider induced hangovers and political diatribes. Nice bit of irony in your post btw.

Yes. I do irony rather well, don't I?

I don't KNOW that. This poster's contributions on NSC seem exclusively limited to accusations and insinuations about the club chairman's supposed behaviour based on no disernable facts, just his/her personal grievences and opinions.
With this background and it being public knowledge that BHA, having never made a profit in living memory, is currently losing £2M+ pa, what is the likely meaning of the statement:
"That makes a profit of £80,000 for Mr Chairman."?
I don't think it unreasonable to conclude that Dick Knight is being accused here of obtaining personal percuniary advantage from last season's transfer dealings.

Seems to me that you're so spoiling for a fight with bhadeb that you are looking for subtexts that are just not there. I've never really understood why bhadeb comes in for so much personal abuse from you et al. There are others who are as forthright in their distrust of DK's actions yet she certainly gets the brunt of your ire. You seem intent on a character assassination of bhadeb and definitely in this case making a right old mountain out of a molehill. All she said was that there was £80k more money in than out making a profit of £80k (for the chairman). All this in the public domain and all this (as far as I know) a fact. And to put it into context this followed a paragraph highlighting the individual transactions and the offending sentence preceded a comment about investing in the team. It's therefore clear to me that the context is about NET INVESTMENT in the side. There's absolutely no hint of impropriety as far as I read it.

I could go further and say that because she said "chairman" and not "DK personally" that she was implying that we were talking about profit for the club over these sales. Ergo, all above board and declared properly. Seems a bit OTT though and I'm not going to read anything further into her statements than what she's written.

Right. That's me done. I'm toodling off now. :thumbsup:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Leeds lost at home to Carlisle last week , that sums them up.
Then they bought in three loanees including Trundle who did a job for them when needed - there ability to adapt is much stronger then ours and they have a player in Delph who is heading to the top - I would say that Adams is on the precipis and his chances of surviving are slim - He has brought in established players and not taken us forward - theoretically it was the low risk option as Livermore, McLean and Virgo should have added stability to the team - it has badly backfired - and he is not the Adams of old - where is the fire and sense of humour, he is like a man who has had the confidence kicked out of him. I still don't want my lasting memory of Adams to be as a failure and that is why I didn't really welcome him back in the first place - I still hope he turns it around but am not optimistic

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The job he took on back in May was, and still is a big one which won't all come right overnight.

Surely it's a bigger job now, because he has to do a whole load of improving to simply get back to what he had back in May. that alone must show to you that he's done a pretty poor job so far. Would you admit that?

Not quite sure how you can define it as big job back in May though. All we needed was a left-back, some creativity in midfield and a back-up striker ..... all of which we STILL need.

The fact that virtually everyone else has gone backwards under his leadership - I barely recognise Elphick at times - combined with the fact that he failed to address any of the areas that needed addressing last summer, is how he's found himself in this right Royal mess.

Can I just ask you a hypothetical question Ian; if this was Adams first spell here, would he have been sacked by now?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
You've again forgotten the £70K(ish) spent on Nicky Forster.
You're also insinuating that Dick Knight has made a personal gain of £80K; if you can substantiate this, then report it to the relevant authorities, starting with the Police and HMRC, otherwise withdraw the accusation and stop being so pathetic.

I was actually referring to January transfer window - and you really don't have too be quite so sarcastic with your comments

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I was actually referring to January transfer window - and you really don't have too be quite so sarcastic with your comments

Perhaps you too should be a bit more careful about how you say things.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't mean that the chairman took £80,000 profit, but that's certainly how it read.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Perhaps you too should be a bit more careful about how you say things.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't mean that the chairman took £80,000 profit, but that's certainly how it read.

hardly... you are reading into things too much... ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here