Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For anti Fox Hunting People

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Foxes are wild they need to find food thats obvious:facepalm:
Just because they attack humans once every 10 years is dosen't mean you should cull foxes:US:

Same old media bullshit

Actually they attack livestock as well as cats and very stupid small dogs. I've never understood why cats more often than not get the better of dogs (that are a lot bigger) but so often get killed by a fox. Our brute is very wary of the cat (who granted is a bit of a savage) be he's a hell of a lot smaller. However she does terrorise any fox that gets within 100 yards.

Joking apart though foxes can do a lot of damage and they are vermin, that's official.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I've absolutely nothing against culling foxes. A bunch of chinless wonders chasing them miles across the countryside is not the best way of doing it though IMO.

What he said :wrong:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
f*** it it's a fox - alive or dead i don't give a shit about it. Quite happy to kill them myself if i could. And cats.

What a delightful attitude you possess! Your parents must be very proud.

Btw, I'm in the 'f*** the bloodthirsty chinless wonders & batter the 'orrible bastards' camp. Just in case anybody was wonderin'. :thumbsup:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Btw, I'm in the 'f*** the bloodthirsty chinless wonders & batter the 'orrible bastards' camp. Just in case anybody was wonderin'. :thumbsup:

I see, are you prepared to admit you are an inverted snob then ? Don't worry, you're clearly not alone. :lolol:

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

I'm in your camp. Anyway, some years ago I was a trapper in a clay pigeon club as a teenager, and the hunt run across the land where the shoot was taking place.

The farmer, whose field where the shoot was taking place discharged both his barrels fairly near the leader of the hunt, as did another farmer who lived nearby. Now being a ""Townie" from the council estate, I had to ask why they both stopped the hunt and they both stated fairly much in unison, that the hunt traumatised any of their livestock, and they did not really give a fig where or how the chase was going. But their closing and final part of their argument was compelling.

they both stated that if they had a problem with a fox, you could tell the time by it, in that they do the same round, give or take within 20 mins of any given time. so shooting one or placing a bated trap was their preferred option of control.

That argument made up my mind about foxhunting.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm in your camp. Anyway, some years ago I was a trapper in a clay pigeon club as a teenager, and the hunt run across the land where the shoot was taking place.

The farmer, whose field where the shoot was taking place discharged both his barrels fairly near the leader of the hunt, as did another farmer who lived nearby. Now being a ""Townie" from the council estate, I had to ask why they both stopped the hunt and they both stated fairly much in unison, that the hunt traumatised any of their livestock, and they did not really give a fig where or how the chase was going. But their closing and final part of their argument was compelling.

they both stated that if they had a problem with a fox, you could tell the time by it, in that they do the same round, give or take within 20 mins of any given time. so shooting one or placing a bated trap was their preferred option of control.

Good on ya comrade. :clap2:

Funnily enough I spent much of my yoot out in the sticks, & the local gamekeeper used to hand rear the foxes that the red-coated scum used to 'hunt'. Just about says it all really doesn't it?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Agreed, I have met farmers who hate the hunts and it's not unknown for domestic pets to be killed by hounds as well. Your post makes a very sound anti-hunt case.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Another child bitten:
Boy, 3, attacked by fox in Brighton playground Brighton and Hove News

Boy, 3, attacked by fox in Brighton playground

A three-year-old Brighton boy is recovering after being attacked by a fox in the grounds of Dorothy Stringer High School in Brighton, the Sun reports.

The boy was at a party at the Brighton school on Saturday when he was bitten by the creature after yanking its tail.

He was taken to hospital where he was treated for bite and scratch wounds.

A police spokesman told the Sun: “The tail of an animal was poking out from a building and the child has apparently grabbed it.

“The animal turned round and bit the child and ran off.”

It’s reported the fox had been living underneath a raised classroom for about a year. The RSPCA was called after Saturday’s attack, but could not trap it.

Two weeks ago, nine-month-old twins Isabella and Lola Koupparis were badly injured after a suspected fox attack in London.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
:wozza: Wow, that really is great headline writing from The Sun, as usual, not trying to get any agenda across are they?? words like 'mauls' & 'Savages'. The child pulled its tail, if you did that to a normal household pet (ie, Dog/Cat) they would probably bite you let alone a wild fox.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Always amazes me the "Foxhunting Argument".....I am deeply against it and always have been. I grew up in the country but although admiring the "age old spectacle" despised the cruel methods and outcome foxhunting produces.
Let people ride the countryside in red coats, blowing horns, percieving themselves to be not only above the law but the law itself. Foxhunting does not control Foxes...........keepers have been known to encourage foxes in times of dwindling numbers and in any case the most effective way of controling numbers is to gas newly born cubs (not nice i know but more humane than hunting)
It is not a social or snobbery divide that fuels my dislike for foxhunting although i admit the moral attitude the Hunt uses to defend its practice makes me angry. No-one should have the right to chase a creature to exaustion then rip it to shreds with dogs bred to do this and call it a pleasurable sport.
How would the same people feel if a gang of "chavs" had mass dog fighting on their doorsteps and the weakest dog was ripped to pieces?
Both incidents are wrong and pleasure should not be derived from another creatures cruel death. The difference is the "chavs" would try to find their pleasure secretly and illegally while the Hunt hide behind arguments that their sick activities are doing the public a service and are needed to control the fox population...........A cruel, imoral, sick activity to encourage youngsters to do IMO

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
To say fox hunting controls their numbers is ridiculous, it is a drop in the ocean.
Personally, don't really care if a few are torn to shreds by a pack of howling mutts, or indeed if the fox mauls some hapless tail pulling child.
But that argument for it to not be banned is irrelevant.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm not pro or anti fox hunting as there's pros and cons to both sides. It's not quite the point here but it shows that foxes are not quite as cute as some people believe. Given the number of foxes in towns now it's a bit disconcerting.

Fox 'mauls' sleeping baby twin girls in London home

You read the Daily Mail by any chance? Sensationalist horseshit. Foxes are not as big a menace as hunters make out, farmers deal with foxes by shooting them not hunting them with pack dogs. I am a hater of fox hunting although I did go out with a posh bit for a while who hunted and she could suck a golfball through a hosepipe so troughs and peaks, know what I mean?

Last edited:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
If he had pulled a Cats tail he would of been bitten... Kill the Cats. :rant:
If he had pulled a Dogs tail he would of been bitten... Kill the Dogs. :rant:
If he had pulled another kids hair he would of been punched... Kill the Kids. :rant:

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here