Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For anti Fox Hunting People

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I've absolutely nothing against culling foxes. A bunch of chinless wonders chasing them miles across the countryside is not the best way of doing it though IMO.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It's all well and good posting that link about a fox attacking children, but dogs do that too. Should we start culling those breeds? I know some are illegal breeds, but they don't make up anywhere near all the cases.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's all well and good posting that link about a fox attacking children, but dogs do that too. Should we start culling those breeds? I know some are illegal breeds, but they don't make up anywhere near all the cases.

I was only making the point about foxes. We all know that dogs attack children (as do paedophiles). The point I was making that foxes are now a serious problem in towns and cities as they find much feeding opportunities there. Thing about a fox is that it really doesn't have a natural predator in or out of towns. As far as it goes the dog issue is as much a matter of irresponsible owners as the dogs themselves. Do you think we should cull the owners ?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Culling foxes - fine

Chasing after them with dogs who rip them to pieces for 'sport' - not for me.

Spot on for me. If things are done humanely then I'm not happy about it but I can deal with it, chasing after something until it is tired and then tearing it up is absolutely revolting, and how anyone can do it is beyond me.

Anyone as said above, one fox doing something disgusting should not ruin the reputation of foxes.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I'm not pro or anti fox hunting as there's pros and cons to both sides. It's not quite the point here but it shows that foxes are not quite as cute as some people believe. Given the number of foxes in towns now it's a bit disconcerting.

Fox 'mauls' sleeping baby twin girls in London home

As the chap on FiveLive said this morning, there has been little change to the number of urban foxes in the last two decades and 10,000 people were hospitalised by dogs last year - shall we set up a programme of culling for them as well?

Apparently, the larger problem is the amount of people who leave food for them because they like having them in the garden and foxes have been coming in through catflaps and open back doors for years anyway

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Culling's fine, huntings wrong. This story isn't really anything to do with it though.The fact there's only been two incidents of a foxes attacking children in twenty years, when there are thousands of city foxes shows how non-aggressive they are really.
Also in both the sources i've read that in no-one's actually mentioned how they know it's a fox.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The actions of one individual fox shouldnt be used to tarnish the reputation of the vast majority of law abiding , hard working foxes.

They don't half make a row though, do they bushy? I know for a fact you've got them on the Peabody, as you can smell their scent when you walk to the station (a very strong, distinctive smell that you never forget) and I was woken by a pair chasing each other down Bolly Grove the other night. I think it must have been a dog and vixen getting jiggy with each other, as the same pair kept shooting back and forth through my block's back garden.

As for hunting, I'm ambivalent with regard to fox hunting. I don't think they ever caught many and I think many more are now shot. However, I don't want the ban repealed as it stands. The way Labour's bill was framed means a simple repeal will bring back hare coursing, which I can't stand. Simply to bring back fox hunting would require an extremely complex bill, which quite honestly isn't the priority for the coalition at the moment.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Fox hunting is barbaric and I don't condone it in ANY way.

As for this case, how stupid do you have to be to leave your door open? If a fox found it's way in then any human could too. Also, I think the process of setting a trap and killing a random fox is actually quite sick.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's comical to try and link anti fox hunting with an urban fox attack. Most people I know that are anti hunting are not against controlled culling. They just don't see why anyone (of any class) should use it as a means of enjoyment. Should we reintroduce badger baiting because of alleged links to TB in cattle? It's ludicrous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here