Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2014

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Playing a carer where I started with my local team Cigli Belediye and took them from the amateurs to to the top of league 1 with superleague beckoning when the Albion finally gave me the job..... November and 16th in league 1. Dougie Freedman and Karl Robinson wreaked the damage after Oscar left. Anyway, 12 months later we are top of the Champ. Still got Walton (who is now challenging for first team), JFC, Solly and Ince. Interestingly while I was at Cigli... Jess lingard came on loan to the Albion when still in the Champ... 46 games five goals... hope he does better in real life.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Few things make me happier than discovering a good regen! This lad is the best I've ever had:

Petr Smejkal.png

Petr Smejkal Stats.png

Petr Smejkal History.png

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've been playing a long-term save which has seen me manage various different clubs, but come the Summer of 2019 I found myself out of a job....then who should come calling but our own dear Albion, looking for a replacement for Oscar Garcia (sorry to the haters, FM says he's here for 5 more seasons). Positions-wise, it's been a bit up and down over the years:

13/14 - 11th in the Championship
14/15 - 11th in the Championship
15/16 - 12th in the Championship
16/17 - Promoted as Champions
17/18 - 9th in the Premier League
18/19 - 19th in the Premier League (relegated)

The squad I've taken over bears virtually no resemblance to our current one - only remaining names are a soon-to-be-retired Tomasz Kuszczak and a rapidly-declining Will Buckley, but overall the squad is in decent shape and that nice Mr Bloom is willing to back me to the tune of £5.5 million and a generous wage budget to get us back to the top flight. I've made a few signings - mainly regens, although I have nabbed Steven Caulker, Jack Collison and Enric Saborit on freebies and picked up Pedro (of Barca fame, but now 31) from Chelsea for just under a million.

Of course, I have a little bit of a penchant for flair players and indeed have made a signing that makes Vicente frankly look run of the mill...he's 37 years old and maybe not quite the force we know now, but still with a cracking goalscoring record and stats good enough to make me hope he can piss the Championship. He's costing me £62,000 a week and is on a one-year deal with an automatic one-year extension should he make 15 appearances.

Ladies and gentlemen.....it's ZLATAN. :bowdown: :bowdown:

So, after years of sustained success, earlier this week I got fed up with the Amex being limited to 30k with no prospect of expansion (and no chance of a new ground with the current one so new), so I downloaded FMRTE and changed the expansion capacity to 90k. Last night the first off-season after this arrives, and the board announces (HALLELUJAH!) that they're going to install an additional 18,000 seats, which will take 12 months to complete, and in the interim we will be moving to... Wembley! Haven't played any games yet, so not sure what my attendances will be like, but it seems a bit odd that we're moving so far afield - I assume that the game is programmed to move to an 'empty' stadium if possible, rather than trying to calculate the fixtures for a ground share. I seem to remember in a previous iteration (pretty soon after Man City moved to the Etihad) that Man United closed down Old Trafford for some serious expansion and ended up moving to Maine Road!

On a side note, has anyone else found it really easy to sell players in this version of the game? It might be because the club's been so successful, but I've found it really easy to flog players for ridiculous prices. For example, in January I signed a regen midfielder from Milan for £4m and Pierre Højbjerg from Bayern for £3m, both on the relative cheap because their contracts were ending in the summer. Come the summer and I'm able to get better replacements in, so I put them both on the list at their new (much higher prices) and end up selling the regen back to Milan for £12m and Højbjerg to Juventus for £15m. Pretty much every summer I've been able to sell most players that I've wanted to for their value or more to other large clubs and bring in replacements at least as good for a fraction of the price...

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Started a new save with the Albion the other day.

Just missed out on automatic promotion in my first season with mainly the same squad I started with but scraped through in the playoffs with a 1-0 aggregate win in the semis and 5-4 on pens in the final!

Was determined to finish mid table in the Prem, the board backed me with 20 mil to spend. Brought in Lacina Traore, Jonjo Shelvey, Gareth Barry on a free, Fabianski, Robert Huth, Vidic on a free and a couple of AWESOME loan signings in Lucas Ocampos and Adama Traore.

Had a fairly indifferent start to the season, was in 10th place in Jan. Signed a new striker from Inter on loan and then went on a massive unbeaten run, winning the Capital One and FA Cups in the process.

On the last day of the season I had the chance to go 4th, won the game but missed out to Everton by 1 point.

Now 4 games into my 2nd Prem season and sitting pretty in 2nd spot after resigning Ocampos on loan, napping up Traore on a permanent and adding Keisuke Honda, Pablo Armero, Emiliano Viviano, Lorenzo Silvestri and a couple of other loan signings, Pierre Højbjerg included.

The only current Albion players left are Will Buckley who is a backup, Solly March (on loan at West Ham), Walton (on loan at Sheff Weds) and Rohan Ince (rotting in the reserves as no-one will buy him). Jones is still my assistant but the rest of the backroom staff has been reshaped, with Ralf Rangnick as Director of Football, Rene Muelensteen (sp) as 1st team coach among others.

TK, Kaz, Dunk and Ulloa had 1 season in the Prem to prove themselves but didn't cut the mustard in a team pushing for top 4.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I got my Exeter side to the PL from the conference, then got bored so created a new Skrill South side called Brighton FC...obviously they've got a 20k stadium, 60m guaranteed yearly income and the best facilities possible.

That said, they also have the lowest reputation in the game, so it's not as easy to get stupidly good players (for that level) as you'd think.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I won my 5th Champions League with West Brom in 2023 the other day. It was our 40 year old Captain Jonas Olsson's last game before his retirement but given that, despite great defending stats, he had descended to 1 pace and 2 acceleration I thought it would be a mistake to start him against the lightning quick attack of Inter. I decided bringing him on to a rousing reception once we'd gone a couple of goals up would be much better. It all going so well until the 8th minute....the normally ever-dependable George Thorne decided to earn his first ever sending off by hacking down an Inter player in the centre circle despite no threat to our net whatsoever. It was terrifying, every time they went forward they looked as though they would score, we were well and truly under the cosh. Spectacular saves were made, shots cleared off the line, Tiago Ilori lunged in with countless last ditch blocks and all the while I paced my bedroom. Olsson's dot was yellowy-orange on the tactics screen for the striker position and so, when Robert Acquafresca went down to injury, I brought big Jonas on. It was tense, so tense. Then, in the 81st minute, we won a corner. Petr Smejkal drilled it into to Olsson who chested it down, on his weaker right foot, BAM, BACK OF THE NET. The crowd, I and the players went wild. Against all odds, we led. Could, just could we hold on? Two minutes of injury time were indicated by fourth official. They won a free kick, fired into our box, a scramble, Szczęsny punched it away, back in again, this time Smejkal headed it clear to the halfway line where Olsson shrugged off the challenge of an Inter full back and flicked the ball to his right where Jacques Joseph picked it up, sprinted the length of the Inter half before burying it in the bottom right corner. I threw off my tie in celebration, knee slid across my room and pumped the air, we had done it. A famous victory was in the bag, we got to keep the trophy and Olsson had the perfect end to an illustrious career. He's now a youth coach at the club, taking charge of the Under 18s matches. Few FM experiences will ever match that glorious night.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Gonna have to download the January update and start a new game!

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
My career on FM12 is continuing apace. After 4 and a half years at Leverkusen, including 3 league titles, 2 German cups and 2 Champions Leagues, Jose Mourinho was sacked as Real Madrid manager and I took the job with them sitting 7th in La Liga. The squad is old and underachieving, with many stalwarts from real life still around. We managed to end the season in second, a fair way behind Barcelona, and I promptly went and spent £150 million in the summer (with another £300 million still available if I want it) on starting to reshape the team. Some fabulous players have come in, including one from Leverkusen, and I've plans to bring in more in the coming years and continue the rebuilding. A few weeks into the new season and we are second, having won all but one game, an inexplicable 3-0 loss in a very even game away at Atletico Madrid. I need to restore them to their former glory, win at least their tenth European Cup, and then who knows. The Albion are struggling in League One, so when the job is done with Real, it might be time to bring some glory a bit closer to home.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Finally got round to playing the FM14 demo. Annoyingly, I'm quite enjoying it but its pretty pointless to pay for the whole thing now. Started a career with Brighton. Loaned out pretty much all of my U-21 squad. Also sold Andrea Orlandi (Malaga £1,000,000), David Lopez (Middlesbrough £550,000), Inigo Calderon (Real Sociedad £100,000) and Solly March (Chelsea £4,5000.000 & loaned back for the season)

My main signings were Armand Traore (QPR for £2,400,000), Jesse Lingard & Michael Keane (Man.U on loan), Clayton Donaldson (Brentford, £750,000) and Sofian Chahed (Free Agent)

Currently playing a modified 3-3-3-1. Libero sweeper and a Regista defensive midfielder.Trying to get close to 1000 passes a game, and currently falling about 300-400 short most games. Rohan Ince has been hitting close to 100 on his own most games though, so its possible.

Kuszczak
Dunk
Upson----Keane
Bruno--Ince--Traore
Stephens
Buckley-----------March
Ulloa​

Subs: Ankergren, Greer, Brad Smith (£300,000 - Liverpool), Augustien, LuaLua, Lingard, Donaldson​

Currently 3rd after 13 games on 30 points. Yet to draw a game in the league. Buckley has been my star player so far, with 8 goals, 3 assists and 2 PoM awards. Ulloa has also hit form after a slow start, scoring 4 in our last 4 games.

Got to the 4th round of the Carling Cup, beating Southend (1-0), Port Vale (3-0), Bolton (2-2, won 4-1 on penalies) before losing 2-1 at Stamford Bridge. I'm going to end up buying the full game, I can just tell. :cry:

Last edited:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Finally got round to playing the FM14 demo. Annoyingly, I'm quite enjoying it but its pretty pointless to pay for the whole thing now. Started a career with Brighton. Loaned out pretty much all of my U-21 squad. Also sold Andrea Orlandi (Malaga £1,000,000), David Lopez (Middlesbrough £550,000), Inigo Calderon (Real Sociedad £100,000) and Solly March (Chelsea £4,5000.000 & loaned back for the season)

My main signings were Armand Traore (QPR for £2,400,000), Jesse Lingard & Michael Keane (Man.U on loan), Clayton Donaldson (Brentford, £750,000) and Sofian Chahed (Free Agent)

Currently playing a modified 3-3-3-1. Libero sweeper and a Regista defensive midfielder.Trying to get close to 1000 passes a game, and currently falling about 300-400 short most games. Rohan Ince has been hitting close to 100 on his own most games though, so its possible.

Kuszczak
Dunk
Upson----Keane
Bruno--Ince--Traore
Stephens
Buckley-----------March
Ulloa​

Subs: Ankergren, Greer, Brad Smith (£300,000 - Liverpool), Augustien, LuaLua, Lingard, Donaldson​

Currently 3rd after 13 games on 30 points. Yet to draw a game in the league. Buckley has been my star player so far, with 8 goals, 3 assists and 2 PoM awards. Ulloa has also hit form after a slow start, scoring 4 in our last 4 games.

Got to the 4th round of the Carling Cup, beating Southend (1-0), Port Vale (3-0), Bolton (2-2, won 4-1 on penalies) before losing 2-1 at Stamford Bridge. I'm going to end up buying the full game, I can just tell. :cry:

I might have a money off voucher in my Steam inventory you can have if you like? I'm sure I saw one in there not too long ago, I just don't know if it had a time limit on it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here