Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2014

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've had great success in my Whitehawk career. Back-to-back promotions and currently sitting pretty at the top of League 2.

I'm thinking of starting the 'Unemployment Challenge' - start the game as an unemployed manager with only Sunday League experience and see who offers a job first then try to take them to the top of their respective league system.

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
I'm in my 2nd season with Brighton currently after finishing 2nd in my 1st season. I am in top 6 with about 12 games to go. I don't really know how I have done it! I also am in the Final of the Capital One Cup against The scum...

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I'm in my 11th season in charge of Hove. We've won a lot of trophies. Keep seeing Brighton managers come and go. John Terry is currently in charge, in 2024!! They've lost the play off finals of the championship more times than I can remember.

Last edited:

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I've had great success in my Whitehawk career. Back-to-back promotions and currently sitting pretty at the top of League 2.

I'm thinking of starting the 'Unemployment Challenge' - start the game as an unemployed manager with only Sunday League experience and see who offers a job first then try to take them to the top of their respective league system.

That's the way to play it! I'm in 2019 with Exeter, sitting in the L1 playoffs after two consecutive promotions. Declared interest in the Albion job and got laughed at :(

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm in my 11th season in charge of Hove. We've won a lot of trophies. Keep seeing Brighton managers come and go. John Terry is currently in charge, in 2024!! They've lost the play off finals of the championship more times than I can remember.

Is that using a lower league database? Where did you get it from/what's it called (please)?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
FK Vidar update:

It's going well. After an unlucky defeat in my first game in charge we've now won five on the trot and have dragged ourselves away from the relegation zone and found ourselves with a 12 point cushion going into the final stretch of fixtures.

For some reason I always find the Scandanavian leagues much more fun to play, almost always end up in Sweden, Norway or Finland. In FM10 I got a 36 year old Ibrahimovic to play for Malmo...was glorious!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Anyone recommend who, of our younger players, is best to keep hold of.

I'm only just approaching Jan 2014 now and they are all out on loan. JFC is getting great reports at Oxford and Ince seems to be doing well. Any hidden gems in our squad?

Also, I COMPLETELY forget that I have CMS and Hoskins. Crazy.

Zamora has been offered to me for £20k :lolol:.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

I'm only just approaching Jan 2014 now and they are all out on loan. JFC is getting great reports at Oxford and Ince seems to be doing well. Any hidden gems in our squad?

If you keep playing them Dunk will turn into a good Premier League defender (eventually sold him for £10m), Caskey will be fairly solid player as well. The young U18 Icelandic lad whose 5 star rated might turn good but I horrendously mismanaged him and left him rot in the reserves so he never progressed.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If you keep playing them Dunk will turn into a good Premier League defender (eventually sold him for £10m), Caskey will be fairly solid player as well. The young U18 Icelandic lad whose 5 star rated might turn good but I horrendously mismanaged him and left him rot in the reserves so he never progressed.

Thanks, although I feared you'd say Dunk. I can't see a possible route for him into the team.

Actually I lie. El Abd has demanded to leave and Fitz Hall :)lolol:) isn't happy. Glen Loovens thought he'd be first choice so maybe if I let Adam and Fitz go, and promote Dunk to 3rd of 4th choice then I can work him in.

Papa Bouba Diop is delighted to sit on the bench. He has played 5 minutes all season and earns £600 a week :lolol:.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I got a £4m offer for Dunk from Norwich at the end of the second season, for which Dunk had only been third choice. Best for everyone that I accepted it.

Larusson has been on loan every season so far and I think one more season on loan, either to a low Prem or top C'ship team , should see him ready to be in the squad albeit as backup

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

JFC didn't improve much on mine as he had some shocking loan spells. Dunk, Bridcutt, Andrews Greer and Buckley were the only current players I kept on after season one. Now in 2020 and Greer is under 18s manager and Calderón is under 21s coach, both have very strong stats.
But yeah as far as I could see Dunk and JFC are the only ones but I wouldnt bother loaning them out.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
JFC didn't improve much on mine as he had some shocking loan spells. Dunk, Bridcutt, Andrews Greer and Buckley were the only current players I kept on after season one. Now in 2020 and Greer is under 18s manager and Calderón is under 21s coach, both have very strong stats.
But yeah as far as I could see Dunk and JFC are the only ones but I wouldnt bother loaning them out.

In my last Albion save Solly was an absolute beast after the second season. Couple of decent loan spells and a run in the first team toward the end of the season caused his rating to skyrocket. That was before the latest patch though so maybe it was a bug if nobody else has experienced that.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
In my last Albion save Solly was an absolute beast after the second season. Couple of decent loan spells and a run in the first team toward the end of the season caused his rating to skyrocket. That was before the latest patch though so maybe it was a bug if nobody else has experienced that.

A lot of young players on the game have a degree of randomness in their potential, so you may just have got lucky with Solly in your game.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
In my game, Dunk now plays for Southampton, but they are back on the Championship in 2024.

I made up Hove, and they replaced man city in the Premier. But I sold all their players other than Aguero who is just about to retire, and Nastasic and Boyata still put in appearances.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Largely copied from another forum where I post about FM.

Still playing FM12 as I can't get in to 13/14. I'm Stoke, and I have set myself a challenge - Win the Quadruple without spending money on any permanent signing over the age of 21. So the only players I can sign over the age of 21 are free agents, or people on loan. I'm also trying to keep any loan fees under 500k.

Staring in Europe and going on a run in the League Cup put a toll on what is a pretty small squad. We were 16th in the league, but just 3 points outside the relegation zone at one point. However, everybody else has played 14 games (bar Fulham and Everton on 13) compared to our 12, so we ended up moving out of danger quite quickly.

In Europe we've got through to the group stage beating KuPS of Finland and Strum Graz of Austria in the qualifies. We were put in a tricky group with Spartak Moscow, Celtic and Plzen. We've won all 3 home games; 3-2 v Celtic, 6-2 v Spartak and 3-0 v Plzen. However we've lost both away games we've played so far to Celtic (3-0) and Plzen (2-0). That means we needed to go to Russia and get a point to qualify, as we're in 2nd, but they're only 2 points behind us in 3rd. A 2-0 Victory saw us coast through in the end before beating Rosenborg in the first knock-out round. However we were knocked out by Hanover in the 2nd round.

We were dicked in the F.A Cup 3rd round 3-0 by Spurs, but our Carling Cup run was more successful, although in the end we lost 7-6 AET in the Semi-Finals to Fulham. 120th minute winner, too. :cry: Pretty standard Premier League season - Finished 13th with 48 points. Crouch was my top goalscorer with 20 in the league.

Strengthened the team considerably during pre-season. Main signings were Pajtim Kasami from Fulham (£3,700,000), Nathan Clyne from Crystal Palace (£1,500,000) Yaya Sanogo & Alberto Paloschi who were both free agents and Grant Hanley from Blackburn (£4,700,000). Nothing major happened in the season, knocked out of the F.A Cup in the 5th round (1-0 v Man City) and the 2nd round of the Carling Cup (1-0 v QPR). I did improve on my league finish though, ending on 51 points in a respectable 10th place.

Just about to start my 3rd season, built a pretty solid squad so feel I have an outside shot of getting in to the Top 6. We're also having our ground expanded and the youth facilities are getting done up too. Spent about £20,000,000 in the summer but mainly on youth who should break through in the next season or two. My team as it stands.

Begovic
Clyne Shawcross Tolio Haidara
Lamela Verratti Palacios Kasami
Crouch Paloschi

Subs: Butland, Hanley, Bradley*, Jenas, Hoilett, Oikonomidis*, Sanogo​

*= Regens, both of whom came through my youth team. Bradley came through in my first crop of youth players, he's a LB. He wasn't even 1/2 a star at the start of last season, but due to my lack of FB's he ended up playing in over 20 games last season and has progressed nicely. 3 1/2 star potential. Oikonomidis came through in my second season. Greek/American winger who has already picked up two Greece U-21 caps despite being 15. Has all the stats you want in a winger: Strong, Technically strong, great crosser of the ball and has the stamina to go at it for 90 minutes. He's probably shouldn't be on my bench, but he's already got Man City and Spurs looking at him so I'm doing everything I can to both 1) Up his Price, 2) Try and get him to stay until I can offer him a proper contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here